Shadow Setup Guide + Feedback

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
You guys in here worried about spiders, but what you should really be worried about is the alligators, wild boar, snakes that shouldn't live there but people let them loose in the swamps anyway, the old people trying to drive, the sun, the meth people, the humidity, and of course Florida Man.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
You guys in here worried about spiders, but what you should really be worried about is the alligators, wild boar, snakes that shouldn't live there but people let them loose in the swamps anyway, the old people trying to drive, the sun, the meth people, the humidity, and of course Florida Man.
lol, I thought it was obvious...never go anywhere near the water in FL:

My first day at work there, I had to park way out in the middle of nowhere...on the walk in I went by a creek...there was a 5 foot gator sunning himself right beside it.

Don't get me wrong, Jersey isn't a safe place either...but the thought of being eaten by something cold-blooded? I'd rather be killed by a bear any day!

Here is my shit-post for the day...almost quite literally!

Reactions: Bambooza

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
lol, I thought it was obvious...never go anywhere near the water in FL:

My first day at work there, I had to park way out in the middle of nowhere...on the walk in I went by a creek...there was a 5 foot gator sunning himself right beside it.

Don't get me wrong, Jersey isn't a safe place either...but the thought of being eaten by something cold-blooded? I'd rather be killed by a bear any day!

Here is my shit-post for the day...almost quite literally!
I remember going to a place in Jacksonville called Adventure Landing. It's your basic family fun place with a go kart track, bumper boats, arcade, skee ball, etc... Anyway you park around back and have to walk across a little bridge to get to the entrance. The bridge was over basically a little moat filled with alligators. Like at least 20 of them and they had little dispensers with Gator Chow you could toss down to them.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm actually interested in the boar and alligator hunting. I haven't used the bow in ages and 'gator tail is supposed to be yummy. Boar is supposed to be the best tasting of all wild game in North America and what better for a big party than a pig roast? Sounds fun to me.

But yeah, the snakes are out of control. . .

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'm actually interested in the boar and alligator hunting. I haven't used the bow in ages and 'gator tail is supposed to be yummy.
So that is the weird thing...you would think that with alligators everywhere (and us mammals being threatened by cold-blooded reptiles) you could somewhat easily hunt them.

But NO! Hunting and killing gators is very tightly controlled. WTF? See these articles:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, last I looked the only firearms you can use are bang sticks. You have to spear them and the stick does the rest, but is easier to use a bow, IMHO.

Wild boar can actually be a little dangerous to hunt with bow. That might be reason for a firearm. I think it depends if you're using a stand. I've never used a stand before.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Wild boar can actually be a little dangerous to hunt with bow. That might be reason for a firearm. I think it depends if you're using a stand. I've never used a stand before.

Never used a stand either but I can say its standard practice to have your main rifle and a back up hand gun cause boars are notoriously difficult to bring down and are mean.
what better for a big party than a pig roast?
Honestly not much. Whole pigs dumped into a pit filled with hot coals, buried for a day has always been a favorite.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, is a problem from the ground, no doubt. You could shoot it through the heart and it would still have plenty of time to gore you badly. Best from a tree stand.

I had a friend years ago used to hunt boar with dogs in CA. He had one dog he held back to the end, that would take the boar once it was tired, grab an ear and pull it down, and my friend would just slide an "Arkansas Pig Sticker" up between its ribs. Read "big f&cking knife".

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Yeah, is a problem from the ground, no doubt. You could shoot it through the heart and it would still have plenty of time to gore you badly. Best from a tree stand.

I had a friend years ago used to hunt boar with dogs in CA. He had one dog he held back to the end, that would take the boar once it was tired, grab an ear and pull it down, and my friend would just slide an "Arkansas Pig Sticker" up between its ribs. Read "big f&cking knife".
I'm calling BS, in California we "hunt" boar with our cars...the nastiest "road pizza" I ever was was a boar...

Forgot your password?