Ship for a home.

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
Ok I have decided to purchase a ship that I can park and live out of also as a mobile spawn . The Cutlass Red can't do this anymore so that just leaves the 890 or the Carrack I can get the Carrack on the gray market for about 125 bucks less than what their selling it for . The 890 would be nice but it's not for sale on the site and the gray market prices are ridiculous .
Can anyone tell me if it's possible that the 890 might be up for sale at the end of Invictus ? or if the Carrack will be the better ship seeing how it has the repair mechanic ? .

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I absolutely love my Carrack.

I believe the 890j is still a hull limited ship, meaning it's never on general sale, it's only sold in limited numbers at specific events - and not during this year's ILW. Others may confirm/correct me, but I'd next expect the 890j to be sold during
  • CitizenCon, usually in October
  • Intergalactic Aerospace Exhibition (IAE), usually in November
Chris and others have said both are happening this year (2952), but the dates are not yet announced. Here's BoredGamer's bit on how to get a limited ship from last year's November IAE event: (992) Star Citizen IAE 2951 - Limited Ship Sale & Expo Details - YouTube , which is as good a guide as any we have right now for how this years will be run. He talks about the limited stock ships starting at 3m:18s.

There were/are limited ship sales in the current ILW, but not the 890j, because ILW is (mostly?) focused on military ships and the 890j is civillian focussed. Limited hull ship sales were announced in this ILW FAQ on Spectrum, near the end of the main post: Invictus Launch Week 2952 FAQ - General - Star Citizen - Spectrum v5.9.2 (robertsspaceindustries.com). People talk about the process of trying to get one as an F5 battle. I tried it for a couple of the waves this year, and didn't even see the View Buying Options button...
1653500302413.png

on the pages for the ships supposedly being sold, even though I kept refreshing the page at the times they were supposed to be released. I think that's what you're supposed to do if you want one. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
I absolutely love my Carrack.

I believe the 890j is still a hull limited ship, meaning it's never on general sale, it's only sold in limited numbers at specific events - and not during this year's ILW. Others may confirm/correct me, but I'd next expect the 890j to be sold during
  • CitizenCon, usually in October
  • Intergalactic Aerospace Exhibition (IAE), usually in November
Chris and others have said both are happening this year (2952), but the dates are not yet announced. Here's BoredGamer's bit on how to get a limited ship from last year's November IAE event: (992) Star Citizen IAE 2951 - Limited Ship Sale & Expo Details - YouTube , which is as good a guide as any we have right now for how this years will be run. He talks about the limited stock ships starting at 3m:18s.

There were/are limited ship sales in the current ILW, but not the 890j, because ILW is (mostly?) focused on military ships and the 890j is civillian focussed. Limited hull ship sales were announced in this ILW FAQ on Spectrum, near the end of the main post: Invictus Launch Week 2952 FAQ - General - Star Citizen - Spectrum v5.9.2 (robertsspaceindustries.com). People talk about the process of trying to get one as an F5 battle. I tried it for a couple of the waves this year, and didn't even see the View Buying Options button...
View attachment 22918
on the pages for the ships supposedly being sold, even though I kept refreshing the page at the times they were supposed to be released. I think that's what you're supposed to do if you want one. Maybe I was doing it wrong.
The last sale I could have got one as it was still available when I looked at the sale page but hadn't made up my mind as to what my gameplay would be.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I literally never use my carrack which is a shame as I like it. Been thinking of upgrading it to a Perseus to use as a more combat orientated home ship rather than exploration.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The 890J is in fact a hull liminted ship, like most of the big ship out there (I mean out there on jpg....), while the Carrack AFAIK is not.
Considering the price point and what the ships offers I'll lean more on the Carrack: it checks all the boxes for a "home away from home" while keeping a manageble size, sure you won't have a swimming pool or a fancy meeting room, but I'll classify them as a "nice to have" rather then a "must have".

Be aware that both ships doesn't have pilot controlled weapons, so that could be an issue in case of unwanted encounter.
I'll also keep a look on the 600i: it's close to an interior rework and could became a nice surprise in the future.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Ok I have decided to purchase a ship that I can park and live out of also as a mobile spawn . The Cutlass Red can't do this anymore so that just leaves the 890 or the Carrack I can get the Carrack on the gray market for about 125 bucks less than what their selling it for . The 890 would be nice but it's not for sale on the site and the gray market prices are ridiculous .
Can anyone tell me if it's possible that the 890 might be up for sale at the end of Invictus ? or if the Carrack will be the better ship seeing how it has the repair mechanic ? .
Dont forget the 600i, it will have a med bay with respawning. They are completely reworking it.

890 Jump is not available during Invictus unfortunately.

Out of the 3 (Carrack, 890 and 600i), the 600i is the only one with pilot controlled guns.

If you still want an 890j with 10 years, I think I have one for sale at cost.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not to throw a monkey wrench into your plans but... Both the 890jump and Carrack have tier 2 beds while they currently allow for respawning its unknown for how much longer as the medical gameplay seems to point towards this being a feature of tier 3 beds found in the Apollo and Odyssey

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
The 890J is in fact a hull liminted ship, like most of the big ship out there (I mean out there on jpg....), while the Carrack AFAIK is not.
Considering the price point and what the ships offers I'll lean more on the Carrack: it checks all the boxes for a "home away from home" while keeping a manageble size, sure you won't have a swimming pool or a fancy meeting room, but I'll classify them as a "nice to have" rather then a "must have".

Be aware that both ships doesn't have pilot controlled weapons, so that could be an issue in case of unwanted encounter.
I'll also keep a look on the 600i: it's close to an interior rework and could became a nice surprise in the future.
Yes if I thought they would be doing the rework soon I would not buy anything as I had heard that it was supposed to get a medical bed . Don't know what one but was supposed to get it and seeing how I already have one it would nice to just use it .

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Not to throw a monkey wrench into your plans but... Both the 890jump and Carrack have tier 2 beds while they currently allow for respawning its unknown for how much longer as the medical gameplay seems to point towards this being a feature of tier 3 beds found in the Apollo and Odyssey
Add also Endeavor to that list.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Add also Endeavor to that list.
I second this. Not only will Endeavor have the highest possible tier mobile medical facility (at least, as far as we currently know), you can also use it to grow food, it comes with several landing platforms, and you can heavily customize it.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've decided I'm going to focus on an Idris M for home though. I just need a few more bartenders.
I can clean toilets, and chug beer. If that's any use??

(or was that chug toilets and clean beer?? I dunno. )

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Tier 2 are intended as Respawn points, and the med bay on the Carrack is explicitly stated to provide respawn for deep space operations.

Tier 3 are expected to handle ALL advanced medical procedures such as cybernetics in addition to respawn.

If you look around the Lagrange station clinics they are only Tier 2. Tier 3 are limited to major landing zones, and I've heard/seen/read nothing that would change these plans. Doesn't mean they won't LOL.

@Lethal1961
As the other folks have mentioned you've got some good choices, although limited in number. The Carrack, 600i (after the upcoming rework), Odyssey, the 890J or other capitol ship. The Apollo's should do as well, but they are not general purpose ships.

600i or Odyssey should be easiest to fly solo with a couple of NPC's or blades.

As with anything Star Citizen, this may be inaccurate within seconds of being typed....

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I say the carrack, you get a med bay (tier 2) lots of cargo space, a machine shop for repairs, great functionality, a vehicle bay and a hangar for a small craft.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Tier 2 are intended as Respawn points, and the med bay on the Carrack is explicitly stated to provide respawn for deep space operations.

Tier 3 are expected to handle ALL advanced medical procedures such as cybernetics in addition to respawn.

If you look around the Lagrange station clinics they are only Tier 2. Tier 3 are limited to major landing zones, and I've heard/seen/read nothing that would change these plans. Doesn't mean they won't LOL.

@Lethal1961
As the other folks have mentioned you've got some good choices, although limited in number. The Carrack, 600i (after the upcoming rework), Odyssey, the 890J or other capitol ship. The Apollo's should do as well, but they are not general purpose ships.

600i or Odyssey should be easiest to fly solo with a couple of NPC's or blades.

As with anything Star Citizen, this may be inaccurate within seconds of being typed....
While you have the tiers backwards good catch on the fact that tier 2 medical facilities are supposed to be able to bring people back from death. Let's just hope that bed tiers and medical facilities tiers are the same thing.

Hospitals, or Tier 1 medical facilities, can be found on all major landing zones. They can be used to stabilize a patient, treat any injury, and bring back a person from death.

Clinics, or Tier 2 medical facilities, can be found in most space stations around the 'verse, as well as smaller landing zones such as GrimHex. They can be used to stabilize a patient, treat minor to moderate injuries, and bring back a person from death.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
IF you're looking for a ship that fulfills that role in game right now, your only viable option to purchase officially from CIG is the Carrack. However, if you're just looking to set your sights down the road but add to your fleet for when it's ready, The Apollo ships would be your least expensive option. Don't forget though that CIG has also stated that the BMM will also be having a medical bay of its own, which should rival that of the 890J & Carrack. Also, the Polaris, Idris & Jav should also each have their own med bays.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
While you have the tiers backwards good catch on the fact that tier 2 medical facilities are supposed to be able to bring people back from death. Let's just hope that bed tiers and medical facilities tiers are the same thing.

I'll sit corrected on the numbers, not having had a drink before typing as forum etiquette demands :)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It'll be a while until the Endeavor is in game though, but I love it. I also have a Carrack, but don't fly it that often. It's just that if you have an Endeavor, you can also set it up to grow space weed spices. Or something.

Forgot your password?