Ship Loadouts: AEGIS Sabre

Loonetik

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Loonetik

This series of posts is to open up a conversation on the different ship load outs. Post what you have tried and what pros or cons you see.

I would like to get to the point in the conversation we can start talking about strategies, for example, what gun or missile would be best to take out shields quickly so you can start doing damage.
I'm currently using the following post to base my statistics on. If anyone has a better source please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Gn3ChMCfM3f_9arW8F-7qQHhgpexWLz2VjTmxqq4j0/edit#gid=1241570521

Current Load out:
Code:
Position            Name                        Size    Count    Ammo Velocity    Ammo Range    Weapon DPS (180s)    Heat Per Shot
Fixed Mount (Nose)  CF-227 Panther Repeater      3        2        1900            2850            216.47            10.00
Fixed Mount (Wing)  CF-227 Panther Repeater      3        2        1900            2850            216.47            10.00
Code:
Position        Name        Size    Count    Max Speed    Range    Damage
Pylon Mount     Rattler II   2        6        1300       39000    2890
Code:
Position        Name           Size    Count    Power Generation
Power Plant     Aegis Regulus   1       3        1400
Code:
Position        Name           Size    Count    Power Capacity    Cooling
Cooling         JSPN Cryo-Star  1       2        -325              455
Pros:
  1. All guns are fixed
  2. All guns have the same velocity and hit together.
  3. All energy weapons so you can't run out of ammo
  4. Can fire for extended periods of time without overheating
  5. High missile damage
  6. The ship is fast, 760 cruise speed
  7. Can chase down most people when they try to run
Cons:
  1. Rattler missiles miss a lot, even on NPC's
Overall thoughts:

I really enjoy this load-out. If you can saddle up and briefly (3-5 seconds) land hits you can get through shields and do damage.

The Sabre is fun to fly. Its fast, can do decent damage, and has decent survivability.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Can you explain a little more about the reactor loadout? The bird comes stock with three size one reactors and two size one coolers?

And you pulled the pair of AEGS Tundra and replaced them with Cryo-Stars for what reason?

Reactions: Tiger and marcsand2

Loonetik

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Loonetik
Can you explain a little more about the reactor loadout? The bird comes stock with three size one reactors and two size one coolers?

And you pulled the pair of AEGIS Tundra and replaced them with Cryo-Stars for what reason?
Great question, the standard power plant is the Aegis Charger. The Regulus has better overall stats.
Code:
Aegis Charger
Mass: 110
Hitpoints: 110
Power: 1200
EM Signature: 1500

Aegis Regulus
Mass: 120
Hitpoints: 120
Power: 1400
EM Signature: 1400
Im not sure how to pick a better cooler, but the Cryo-Star does have a better Heat Power Ratio. I will definitely do more testing with them.
Code:
Aegis Tundra
Mass: 115
Hitpoints: 115
Cooling: 600
Power Regen: -6.50
Power Usage: -35
Heat Power Ratio: -13

JSPN Cryo-Star
Mass: 115
Hitpoints: 115
Cooling: 455
Power Regen: -4.50
Power Usage: -60
Heat Power Ratio: -10

Last edited:

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
As far as I know, swapping coolers and power plants do absolutely nothing at this point, and my beloved Rattler's seem to have been neutered but I'm keeping them. My present Sabre load out is the six Rattlers, 2 Tarantulas in the wing roots, and the 2 panthers out on the wings. I got this in just before the great ballistic gun fiasco struck, so I'm not taking them off. Before the Tarantulas , I had 2 Mantis mini-guns on it for testing. They were good, but not quite the same as 3 or 4 good hits with the Tarantula/Panther combo.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Great post above about the reactors and yeah, we totally need more of this.

I have dozens of questions I want answered about reactors and cooling systems. For instance, if you provide more cooling than is necessary for any particular system, will it then continue to make your entire craft harder to lock with IR weapons?

Reactors are easier to figure out, in that you know you need so much power, and beyond that probably you don't want to go since this would just generate higher EM and IR, but how much cooler to install and what the trade offs are, seems very important not just to make every ship harder to missile lock, but to make it stealthier all around.

So for example, if you don't need as much cooling as you have with two CryoStars = 910 cooling, could you get by with a single JUST Ecoflow = 715 cooling and would this reduce your EM signature since you're burning less power?

Can anyone here think of how we might design a standard in order to test all ships for EM, IR and RCS? What would make the best test standard to use for all ships? Would you want to use a very high quality sensing system, starting with very long ranges?

It would be great to develop special tools so we know how to compare one rig against another and not be making guesses. Wouldn't you like to KNOW how carrying missiles makes you easier to track with active radar? If it's 10% difference, no big deal. It its 50,000% difference (as with the Raptor and Lightning II) it makes a huge difference. If CIG is going with a reality based approach to stealth, probably no stealth ships will ever carry missiles.

Reactions: Tiger and marcsand2

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Lol this is the exact loadout I'm using too! Except I'm using tempest II's because they are the most reliable at the moment. The rattler's don't work yet. I'd like to have a better gatling gun for the x4 size 3 mounts but eh.. CIG hasn't made a decent one yet IMO.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Can anyone here think of how we might design a standard in order to test all ships for EM, IR and RCS? What would make the best test standard to use for all ships? Would you want to use a very high quality sensing system, starting with very long ranges?

It would be great to develop special tools so we know how to compare one rig against another and not be making guesses. Wouldn't you like to KNOW how carrying missiles makes you easier to track with active radar? If it's 10% difference, no big deal. It its 50,000% difference (as with the Raptor and Lightning II) it makes a huge difference. If CIG is going with a reality based approach to stealth, probably no stealth ships will ever carry missiles.
That is possible, but then you must make a TEST matrix to TEST every possible situation, which means allot off swapping around equipment and team up with someone else to do the detectability TESTs. A huge problem is that not everything is consistent. For example, a long time you couldn't detect a Sabre from a distance in VS, but once the Sabre got killed one time, it was no problem to detect it from a distance.
Every TEST that will be conducted must first include a reference TEST to check if nothing is changed in the system. It can be a pain in the a$$ because you will need every possible equipment available.

Forgot your password?