Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This are my ships with names, none are displaying the names in game
View attachment 23305
View attachment 23306
View attachment 23307
As you have no differences to my 600i and you have deleted your USER folder, my last suggestions are make sure your graphics driver is up to date, your operating system is up to date, and if that doesn't work a ticket to Customer Services to see if they can see the cause on their end...?

EDIT - Looking on the Issue Council, there seems to have been a few things which may prompt a name not to show... perhaps try meddling about with some of the following to see if it's a potential:

Seems there may be an reoccurring but inconsistent issue plaguing some players. Service Desk ticket is your best bet, unfortunately. I recall there was one patch where if you made your eyes purple you would not see the HUD in your ship, it just didn't show, so if you have any customisation happening on your Avatar perhaps keep it Default until we are closer to Launch, too...?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Hey @Gearen ! Are you using Nightrunner paint with your Star Runner? -- as far as I remember there is a problem with many unique paints like that one; I'll try to find you Issue Council ticket for it.
Edit: ah, never mind, you've already answered this above ; )

BTW, you could call it Nightcall... 😏
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jrmzzgHLc
Hi, I do, BUT I have tried the ship without the skin too, and no name

Also thanks for the name idea. Got it

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I upgraded one of my abandoned ships to 600i Explorer. Until today, the main reason to not buy it was its default color, but I found that CIG released two custom 600i paints 2 days ago, and one of them looks interesting. 600i rework is coming, Explorer is getting Tier 2 med bay, so I pushed the button.

I applied the paint and... found that it's a beautiful metal skin! All of my ships, except Reclaimer, have either dark or metal paints; default Reclaimer skin is dark enough for me.

So, there was only one thing left to do -- name my new Explorer:

600i.png

...and rename Reclaimer:

Dirty.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarCitizen 2022-11-21 23-17-36.png

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
So... with all the new 600i owners around ship naming is a hot topic again, huh?
Well, let me pitch in some odd ones too.
A) A Mercury that wants to go Solo can only be named "The Great Pretender". And that is exactly what I did. And no, with the Nightrunner paint on you can't read that.
B) My 600i is called the "Ballroom Blitz". "Blitzkrieg Bop" was a close second choice but I have to wait until they implement proper sunglasses for that.
C) I hereby officially claim "Tusken Raider" for my Corsair. In case I ever get the opportunity to name that one.
D) Same goes for my Terrapin. Thou shallt be called "Li'l A'Tuin" and become repainted with Elephant droppings...
...and lastly, I name myself "You really spent too much real money on non-essential luxuries, Dude". Though just Dude is okay...😎

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Named my 600i "Dorsia"...so Patrick Spaceman would have the best table there every night at 8pm....in your face Paul Allen.
Ohhh I just get the reference of your avatar now !!! Genius 😄

Saw that movie only recently, both weird and very well done :like: I was debating the end with my wife for days.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Ohhh I just get the reference of your avatar now !!! Genius 😄

Saw that movie only recently, both weird and very well done :like: I was debating the end with my wife for days.
It's a classic...ironically in a strange twist when Bateman kills Paul, it's Batman killing the Joker...

Hey Paul!

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Ravens claw?
Personally trying to avoid claws and teeth names, I think the name type should reflect somewhat on the type of ship it is. Ravens Claw would be good for an Avenger Warlock, or Sentinal...bird that catches smaller things.

Oh thought of another "Ravens Folly"

lol....or "Roberts Ransom"

Forgot your password?