Ship price increase with 3.0

drizzt001

Grand Admiral
Aug 17, 2017
RSI Handle
AdmiralTarkin
Just because it is good to know...

Disco mentioned that with 3.0 a few ship will increase in price

Cutlass Black was already confirmed, but now it seems it will most likely hit those ships too:
Nox, Dragonfly, Aquila, Prospector and maybe the URSA

In fact, all new flyable ships were getting a price increase.

So buying an upgrade to the Aquila and keep it for a possible 350+ ship upgrade in the future could be a good thing :)

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Not really fussed about any of that, it's why it's best to have some floating store credit to buy concepts and melt them to see how they turn out.

Apart from the Aquila I've got all those in my buy backs.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Just because it is good to know...

Disco mentioned that with 3.0 a few ship will increase in price

Cutlass Black was already confirmed, but now it seems it will most likely hit those ships too:
Nox, Dragonfly, Aquila, Prospector and maybe the URSA

In fact, all new flyable ships were getting a price increase.

So buying an upgrade to the Aquila and keep it for a possible 350+ ship upgrade in the future could be a good thing :slight_smile:

That's some solid advice. Save $50-$75 by clicking one button? I'm in. Thanks for pointing it out.

How in the hell do virtual objects that don't have an environment to exist yet appreciate in value?
Objects, virtual or not, are priced according to both their cost to create and how much people are willing to pay. It is a common thing for people to get tripped up in their logic regarding electronic goods. It is far too easy to imagine that pixels have little to no value. However, those pixels did take time to create, very valuable time.

I really want to go into a long explanation about virtual, vs "real" currency and how both are real and not real at the same time, but I won't. I'll just leave it at that. Ships like the Aquilla increase in price because more time was invested and people will willingly pay more for it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
How in the hell do virtual objects that don't have an environment to exist yet appreciate in value?
Because our ships don't actually have a value. They are all earnable in game. The ship is the thank you for the pledge we make to the game funding.

No ship is worth shit.

We are paying for the game to be made, the ship is the thanks for the amount of money we put in. As time goes on they wish to ween us off this type of game funding as they don't want it to be Pay To Win. They are starting to do this by making concepts increase in value as the ships become flyable and we finally work out what is going to be the Meta (for the time being at least).

One day, probably Beta, they will stop all ship sales and some ships will come along that are only available to buy in game with UEC earned in game. Balancing will likely be done after ship sales stop so anyone who has a ship that was OP in Alpha and then isn't later will have to sell their ship to Crazy Bobs Used Ship Emporium and use the in-game credits to buy the ship from a dealer. Bye bye LTI.

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
This was one of the reasons I bought all the cutlasses, if the rework is this good for the Cutlass black then I can't wait for the red and blues.

Also I'm skint or I would buy a taurus now.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
wut???????
CCU's dude. If you had a merlin and CCU'd to a Connie, you loose the CCU you have to buy it again. CCU's will be what the price for them is right now, not the price you paid for it originally, it's just the Merlin you'd be able to buyback at original price.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Early bird gets the best deal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Backers from 2012 could put together a much more impressive fleet for $500 than a new backer can get now. It's a reward for having faith in the game at an earlier, more uncertain, stage.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Early bird gets the best deal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Backers from 2012 could put together a much more impressive fleet for $500 than a new backer can get now. It's a reward for having faith in the game at an earlier, more uncertain, stage.
Exactly if you count up all the upgrades and payed attention over the years you could have a very cheap high end ship by CCUing it up to its final potentional. This is why every concept sale I try to buy as many CCUs as possible so that I can catch these deals as they come up. I don't apply my CCUs(normally) until the final product is released. I'm saving a lot of these types of CCUs for my upgrade to the Polaris or any other high end ship. Hopefully prices don't get jacked up further when the next big capital ship comes out or is on sale again.

Forgot your password?