Ship showdown predictions?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm the MSR will quite sure be one of the finalist consider it has been an instant favourite since it's concept, same for the Carrack.
The Cutty Black has been there two years in a row and it still one of the most successfull ship in the 'verse if you ask me consider his all-round potentinal and the small package.

For the 4th ship that is hard to came: there are several valid contestor, like the Caterpillar, the MAX and even the nwe Hercules and the revamped Constellation copuld be in the final four.
I'd say the Hercules since it has most cargo capacity over the Catepillar, more strasport capacity, since it can carry vehicles and aestetically, with this smooth surface, is very pleasing. Plus it fly really well for his size.

Lemming

Vice Admiral
Apr 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Anotherlemming
The Hurricane slot on my list is definitely the most competitive.

I didn't go with the MAX or the Herc because the MAX is outclassed in every way by the Taurus, The Herc is going to have votes split between c2/m2.

A Vanguard is also possible, and was a shoe in until 3.14 bumped the hurricane over the Vanguard and doesn't split votes between 4? versions

That being said I'd say the Taurus is possible, the c2 wouldn't be surprising.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My hope for the final 4 are (in no particular order) :

Carrack (Obviously)
MSR (Also obvious due to it not being eligible for last years BIS & hopefully eliminates the Cutty Black)
C2 Hercules (The clear decimator of the Cat & can also function as a pocket carrier, so should be a lock as long as it's not in a bracket with the Carrack & MSR until the final 4.)
Vanguard (Next year will most likely be filled by the Redeemer.)

In my opinion, CIG needs to ban ships like the Cutlass Black from eligible given how many times it's already received its BIS skins. I also feel that there shouldn't be competition between the variants of a ship since they can share the same BIS skin should they make it to the final 4.

Lemming

Vice Admiral
Apr 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Anotherlemming
In my opinion, CIG needs to ban ships like the Cutlass Black from eligible given how many times it's already received its BIS skins. I also feel that there shouldn't be competition between the variants of a ship since they can share the same BIS skin should they make it to the final 4.

I think CIG will keep a smaller ship like the cutlass black in the final 4 it allows smaller pledges to participate

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
CIG wan't ban anything since is not theyr choice on what entry into the final rush or goes on to the final 4.
The only "leverage" CIG can apply is the initial pairing of the ship that doesn't have any rule, at least as I'm aware of.

Also this is not a raffle, this is a players choice "awarding" that, I assume, CIG also use to test players like or not as a comunity and both edition finalist have some aspect in ccommon:
- large interior space
- good cargo capacity for the ship size
- good all round/multy-role
- good firepower for ship size

Some may not chack all the boxes, but those are, so far, the characteristics of the four finalist... Cutty Black check several of those boxes, so lots of people like it...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
CIG wan't ban anything since is not theyr choice on what entry into the final rush or goes on to the final 4.
The only "leverage" CIG can apply is the initial pairing of the ship that doesn't have any rule, at least as I'm aware of.

Also this is not a raffle, this is a players choice "awarding" that, I assume, CIG also use to test players like or not as a comunity and both edition finalist have some aspect in ccommon:
- large interior space
- good cargo capacity for the ship size
- good all round/multy-role
- good firepower for ship size

Some may not chack all the boxes, but those are, so far, the characteristics of the four finalist... Cutty Black check several of those boxes, so lots of people like it...
I know a box it doesn't check... it's called "Amenities" like say... a toilet, or a porta potty or even a bucket. That last one also delivers a potential stealth mechanic if there's a ship following and someone aboard is a good shot with a slung bucket.

Forgot your password?