Ship Talk Blog - Updates and Future Discussions

Continue Ship Talk after Aurora + Variants?

• Yes

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
GAAAA

For once in a long while I just can't find the words for this Talk.

If anyone wants to see more articles from people on the site, go bug RussianJ and get him to start Hangar Hangout and have him talk about the different Hangars we have both in the past when they were the deluxe and asteroids etc to the new ones we have now by manufacturers.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Jeez, Sunder, we pay you to crank it out, dude. Get off yer Butt!

Seriously, your articles are great, don't sweat it, they are worth any wait!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Take it easy, we'll live if it's a little late......just don't let it happen again! :)
It won't happen this coming week because I'm taking a break on Ship Talk so I can finish my new Rock Raiders post. :)

Looking forward to the 890 Jump the week after.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have put up the revised and updated Rock Raiders post in the Professions Forum. Much of it is the same but a lot of it was rewritten for more detail and clarity. You can find it here

https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-squadron-rock-raiders-mining-salvaging-updated.4231/

If any of you are interested in this sort of thing please post in that thread. I'm hoping we have a lot of people that want to do this and become filthy rich so we can each have an Idris.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
So this coming Friday I'm going to post a Talk about this ship in much the same way i did the Redeemer. I like doing these Single Ship Talks because I can really focus down on things that are presented and I have another advantage this time of the Brochure which I have skimmed over and will read in detail tomorrow. I think you all know what ship this is. It is obviously the vacation version of a Star Destroyer.

Something that I thought about on the ships I won't do for any reason are the capital ships. Too many things up in the air, nothing really concrete and so much that can be customized it wouldn't do to write about them until we get a firm understanding in the Alpha or Beta. When we get a much better overall picture I'll do a Talk on them one at a time. Another one is the racing ships as a whole even though I did the Mustang Gamma and Omega. I don't fancy myself a racer now or in the future and that kind of article would better be done by Shive if he's up to it.

Those 2 categories I'm not going to touch with a 10 foot poll now.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Spent an hour this morning watching the above distraction. Finished the Star Wars shuttle(Link above). It is quite large and was a fun build. After that I committed the sin of and still am reading Harry Potter Fanfiction which I've gotten into as of late. I like time travel stories.

All is not lost. I've got half of the Ship Talk done and it will be up tomorrow morning. I promise.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I don't like what I've written for the 890 Jump. Going to rework it and write more on it.

When this one is done I will do the Retaliator and Gladiator before putting the series on hiatus for a while. I've run out of ships and worn myself down(which is why these seem to come out later and later). Ok that isn't right because there are a few odd ones left but I'm not going to write about the capital ships. The Xi'an Scout will be something done in the future with the Scythe when I get to them.. I still do plan to do the cargo ships again with the updated numbers but that isn't now or a week from now or 2 weeks. It will come when I can muster some creativity.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
That's fair man, you've put a huge amount of effort into creating these. Take some time, build more legos, watch some more movies and stuff. You don't want to burn out before the game even launches. We'll just have to do our own theorycrafting for a little while, and AI somehow don't foresee difficulty with that. :P

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
That's fair man, you've put a huge amount of effort into creating these. Take some time, build more legos, watch some more movies and stuff. You don't want to burn out before the game even launches. We'll just have to do our own theorycrafting for a little while, and AI somehow don't foresee difficulty with that. :p
Like i said I'm running out of ships and I've ground myself down doing these. Don't get me wrong, they were each fun to write but the magic is almost gone. I don't get as much enjoyment writing them as I used to(And because I'm back playing my RTS games lol). The last one I was really into was the Reliant STC and I think it shows. Rather than continue and rehash things I'll stop and regroup after the Gladiator and Retaliator are written about.

I will of course make more STCs for the newer concept ships as they are released. They are ships we haven't seen and I find them more interesting than what we have now unfortunately.

Forgot your password?