Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I just read through the previews of NMS again, and it doesn't convince me to buy it. It could be a nice game for i.e. our 9 years old son, to travel around, explore new planets, a game without any action elements or such things as pirates or else, but nice colourful setting - a "Spore meets Minecraft in Space".

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
I just read through the previews of NMS again, and it doesn't convince me to buy it. It could be a nice game for i.e. our 9 years old son, to travel around, explore new planets, a game without any action elements or such things as pirates or else, but nice colourful setting - a "Spore meets Minecraft in Space".
I like exploring empty universes. I'm not against an universe not "action packed" with politics, pirates and stuff, in fact, in most game, these aspects bores me to death, that's mainly what made me quit Eve Online, alway politic, pirate ganking, pewpewpewpew all the time... get boring after a while.
I don't see in what way a game without such things is a children game... the goal is just different, instead of focusing on politics and dogfighting, it focuses on discoveries and exploration, with the other part still available, just as SC will mainly focus on fighting, politic and other boring stuff, while exploration still available.
In fact, I think it's a more mature approach to put the exploration aspect of a game as the main objective, instead of immediately talking about pewpewing everything.

The graphics are very colourful, that's for sure,but I like some colours in my universe.

ElFlacoverde

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2016
RSI Handle
ElFlacoverde
De mon point de vue (mais vu que je suis un noob il n'a que peut d'importance):

Trop cher pour un jeu indé.
L'impression que le studio a tout basé sur la generation procedurale mais n'a pas trop pensé au gameplay.
Risque de vite tourner en rond par rapport au dit gameplay.

For non french speaking:

From my point of view (but as i'm only a noob it's useless)
Too expensive for an indie game
The feeling that the studio only focused on procedural generation but didn't really think about gameplay.
Risk of quickly turning in circle due to gameplay mechanics.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
I already bought the game and I plan to stream it on my channel. I don't know how well it will work since it is really a single player game but if you want to see the game before you buy it come check it out. Current release date is 8/9/2016. Catch me live at https://www.twitch.tv/orac_zen
The plan is that if I get it, I'll stream it on release too. XD

That's also why I don't want to wait and see, it's either I preorder it monday, and stream it, or I never get it until it drops @5€ during a steam sales in 2 years.

@ElFlacoverde you know I understand when you write English, if you're going to translate in English anyway, just write in English :P It's not weird to only write english between native french here! I did it with Gauna all the time!

Forgot your password?