Should i upgrade my ghost hornet?

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
So im thinking about upgrading my hornet ghost.but to what ? i look up ship upgrades in RSI website and didnt find like gladius etc.is it not avaliable anymore? any suggestion on what to do? this is for my fighter ship.
Thanks
Drink ur beer

Reactions: Deroth

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
The issue is that the Ghost costs more than the Gladius, and downgrades aren't a thing we can do without melting our ship.
yeah thats just an example.i mean like super hornet etc.is there any better fighter ship than my ghost so i can upgrade it.i try to see like super hornet but cannot found it at the ship upgrades

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
There are a lot of fighter ships that are an upgrade, we need more information such as how large of a ship are you thinking and how much are you willing to spend?

On the lighter side you can go with Buccaneer (which I personally love) or you can go on the heavy side with something like a Vanguard (or Hurricane...which may require 'assistance' or special sale to acquire.) There are also many options in between these.

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
There are a lot of fighter ships that are an upgrade, we need more information such as how large of a ship are you thinking and how much are you willing to spend?

On the lighter side you can go with Buccaneer (which I personally love) or you can go on the heavy side with something like a Vanguard (or Hurricane...which may require 'assistance' or special sale to acquire.) There are also many options in between these.
im looking for much smaller than buccaner.ghost hornet size u know.the one that really have great mobility.but from what i see from people ghost hornet is not that good.so im looking for better one

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
SuperHornet isn't available all the time, and is only sold periodically. Try to get one during the anniversary sale in November.
from what i heard superhornet is a lot better than ghost hornet.if its got sell on anniversary sale on november can i upgrade my ghost hornet to super hornet then ? or i cant upgrade it and i need to buy standalone superhornet? cant tell my budget though.not more than 200$ i guess.cause im not looking to upgrade to like big size ship.im just looking for a really good fighter ship

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Fighters better than the Ghost Hornet aren't available ATM.

You want something SMALLER than a Buccaneer? That's...hard.

What are you looking for in a fighter? If you want speed and maneuverability, go with a Buccaneer or a Sabre. If you want a tougher fighter, go with a Super Hornet.

Wait until the anniversary sales in November, when they put almost all the ships on sale.

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
Fighters better than the Ghost Hornet aren't available ATM.

You want something SMALLER than a Buccaneer? That's...hard.

What are you looking for in a fighter? If you want speed and maneuverability, go with a Buccaneer or a Sabre. If you want a tougher fighter, go with a Super Hornet.

Wait until the anniversary sales in November, when they put almost all the ships on sale.
buccaner is better than superhornet in speed? so if u have to choose beetween super hornet and other fighter ship.which one do u think? i like the sabre design but dunno if thats a good ship.but yes i think i want more speed and manuverability and not 100% focused on toughnes

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Ok, you should do some more flying in Arena Commander and make sure you feel comfortable fighting and figure out what works best for you.

The Hornet Ghost, as designed originally, was a stealth fighter, with lighter guns than the F7C Hornet, and definitely lighter and less armor than the Super Hornet.

The Sabre is a fighter with stealth capability that has some pretty good fire power and shields, but definitely does not have as heavy shields as the Hornet or Super Hornet. But it is much faster and maneuverable...

And the list goes on. Every fighter has its advantages and disadvantages...the Hornet Ghost looks cool, but not all the game mechanics that make it cool have been implemented. So, it is basically just not fun now, but should be much more capable in the future, if you wait.

Can you earn REC in Arena Commander and rent other ships before you make any permanent decisions?

* Don't forget the ship matrix...and don't forget, everything is subject to change :)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-matrix

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
I would suggest the Sabre - seeing you have a Ghost I assume you want a sneaky ninja plane? The Ghost is a hornet modified to be stealth, where the Sabre has built in stealth capabilities. It's also a joy to fly and looks sexy. But as other people mention it's not as armored as the Hornet. But your shields are really fast charging, as long as you take advantage of your speed it's a pretty amazing fighter.

Edit: I know it's not on sale right now, but it will be at one point. Maybe you can be lucky and buy an upgrade in the TEST trading forums :)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Firstly I would suggest that an upgrade like that makes more sense during the November ship sale. This is because the game will not be out before that and its better to consider all your options rather than whats available now. If you like the hornet style then the logical ship is the super hornet its just better at combat, more guns and tougher. The hornet tracker is not anywhere near as tough so its hard to stick with it for the time being but it just isn't worth upgrading at the moment.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Go play AC and then rent ships with REC and have a play with them. I REC'd the Origin 350R and it took me on so many adventures it's my favorite but it is not to everyones taste.

I'd say REC a Saber, REC a 325a, and if it's available REC the superhornet and play them in AC. Choose the one you like, you may find the Ghost has its advantages like once you have shaken a missile off it doesn't tend to reaquire you in the Ghoset whereas in a non-stealth ship you may have to work harder.

REMEMBER this is ALPHA so that means whatever is fun to fly now may get "balanced" later and changed into something that handles in a way you don't recognise and in a way don't really like.

Good luck.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
Go play AC and then rent ships with REC and have a play with them. I REC'd the Origin 350R and it took me on so many adventures it's my favorite but it is not to everyones taste.

I'd say REC a Saber, REC a 325a, and if it's available REC the superhornet and play them in AC. Choose the one you like, you may find the Ghost has its advantages like once you have shaken a missile off it doesn't tend to reaquire you in the Ghoset whereas in a non-stealth ship you may have to work harder.

REMEMBER this is ALPHA so that means whatever is fun to fly now may get "balanced" later and changed into something that handles in a way you don't recognise and in a way don't really like.

Good luck.
roger that.i will do that.thanks !!

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Ghost isnt a bad fighting ship, wait till more comes out in 3.1 and 3.2 before you decide to get rid of it!

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?