Should StarCitizen now launch only with a star system?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
its only fun trolling if people get upset, and it’s hardly an inflammatory topic.

A more relevant question is when do we get to do pirate stuff, and will you all have a legitimate pretext as to why you pirate?
i disagree with your first statement; i feel like trolling is trolling regardless of the level of upsetness it generates, and also that how fun it is is also not dependent on how upset people get.

as for your second statement, i intend to have a backstory for my character that makes sense no matter what they're doing
i am unlikely to be a pirate, but if i was it would have a valid reason
well, a reason
well, maybe my character would just be an asshole
but still

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .i intend to have a backstory for my character that makes sense no matter what they're doing
i am unlikely to be a pirate, but if i was it would have a valid reason
well, a reason
well, maybe my character would just be an asshole
but still
The well documented reasons to be a pirate include: you get to wear an eye patch (very fashionable and comfortable--I think soon everyone will be wearing them), you can drool out the corner of your mouth as much as you like, you can grunt "aaarrrrr, arrrrrrrr!" without end and you can cheat. . .at everything.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxi-IUnCN_8

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Don't forget you can drink rum all day. Go around pillage and plunder to your hearts content. Then when you are done carting off your spoils you can go back to town to seek out the comfort of skilled ladies of the night.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Im not trollying. I just post a question i have in mind.
I recently joined the forums for the Montoya's Giveawey
And I respect all opinions and points of view. In fact, after reading the post of ShadowReaper, I agree with him.
Well you aren't a member of any Org at all and just joined the website only and to only win something, so I was guessing troll

Reactions: August and Bambooza

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
To answer the original question... I don't think it would be a good idea to launch with just one system. The reason mainly and this has already been mentioned, is because they promised a huge experience. YouTube reviews and professional game critics would shred CIG and it would hurt the game in the long run I think... that's just my slightly caffeinated opinion though.

Now that said, I do feel that the majority of the mechanics (IE the hard part) are being fleshed out in the one system we do have available to us. I think or hope that content creation and additional systems will come quicker once the overall mechanics and bugs are all worked out.

In my humble and what I consider "accurate" opinion. I'm trying to be funny... I think the game could release with maybe 5-10 systems, intact and ready to go. Then I agree with was another poster said earlier, add additional systems and content once a month, though I would suggest once a quarter. I'd prefer quarterly patches for two reasons, one it's more time to test bugs in what's been released and two you get a bunch of stuff at once, 4 times a year, vs. having it trickle in month by month.

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
I think the game could release with maybe 5-10 systems, intact and ready to go. Then I agree with was another poster said earlier, add additional systems and content once a month, though I would suggest once a quarter.
Theoretically if the game has actually "Released" then the majority of the bugs should be gone. So if this were the case I would like once a month updates where they say fixed minor bugs ect. or improvements. When it gets to the new features, say all the main ones and ships but when it comes to systems, the explorer in me just wants them to say, "We have released # more system(s)." Then we get to try and hunt for it and find it.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Theoretically if the game has actually "Released" then the majority of the bugs should be gone. So if this were the case I would like once a month updates where they say fixed minor bugs ect. or improvements. When it gets to the new features, say all the main ones and ships but when it comes to systems, the explorer in me just wants them to say, "We have released # more system(s)." Then we get to try and hunt for it and find it.
I have a feeling their soft release is going to happen when full persistence is implemented even if not all of the ships ,features or any other system is available. Chris said that once full persistence is implemented they are no longer going to be wiping the database with each patch.

Reactions: Kiladyn

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
I have a feeling their soft release is going to happen when full persistence is implemented even if not all of the ships ,features or any other system is available. Chris said that once full persistence is implemented they are no longer going to be wiping the database with each patch.
I wasnt sure what type of release he meant so ya.. but ya i want persistence... lol

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
That's true, I was thinking along the lines of bugs with new cities etc, collision system or geometry with new models put in.

Reactions: Kiladyn

undertones

Commander
Jan 24, 2019
RSI Handle
undertones
I always wondered just how big they really want the playable world to be, outside of just the void of space. I know how many systems are canon, but with the player scope and how the community functions I'm not sure if stretching the boundaries too far will have civilization expand with it

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I always wondered just how big they really want the playable world to be, outside of just the void of space. I know how many systems are canon, but with the player scope and how the community functions I'm not sure if stretching the boundaries too far will have civilization expand with it
Not sure I understand the concern. I don't see any limit to how big they can make the playable world as the universe being primarily filled with NPC's will not make ghost towns like we witness all to often in MMO's with old content when new explanations are released.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So guess I 'll be the a**hole today... No pun intended.. ha ha ;)

The reason question like this come up and suggestions like OP have is nothing bad or strange it sound a bit logical..

But it's not logical or going to work and why is that you might ask...

It is be cause question and suggestions like this come from those who do not get the big picture where the game is, where it is going, how it is developed and why.

Here is the a**hole part then,

It would be like asking a manufacture of cars why not give us the body to sit in while you make the res of the car... and you all know why that isn't done.. right!

CHEERS! Said with a smile ;)

Side note:
To make it clear now we have the body, wheels and engine, wile interior is being made.

So why backstroke or fight the current when it's a lot easier to flow with it.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So guess I 'll be the a**hole today... No pun intended.. ha ha ;)

The reason question like this come up and suggestions like OP have is nothing bad or strange it sound a bit logical..

But it's not logical or going to work and why is that you might ask...

It is be cause question and suggestions like this come from those who do not get the big picture where the game is, where it is going, how it is developed and why.

Here is the a**hole part then,

It would be like asking a manufacture of cars why not give us the body to sit in while you make the res of the car... and you all know why that isn't done.. right!

CHEERS! Said with a smile ;)

Side note:
To make it clear now we have the body, wheels and engine, wile interior is being made.

So why backstroke or fight the current when it's a lot easier to flow with it.
Here I thought we just had the seat and were required to make our own engine reving sounds while pretending to drive a car.

• Love
Reactions: Mich Angel

aivartron

Ensign
Mar 22, 2019
RSI Handle
aivartron
dunno. persistence would be a big attractor=number of active player would rise dramatically, maybe the devs wouldn't risk an overcrouwded Stanton system, maybe they will start with 2-3 star systems?

Reactions: Rao
Forgot your password?