Should TEST host our own official Rally race with prizes and bragging rights?

Should TEST host its own RALLY championship?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but with beer.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just getting a feel for who all would be interested in a TEST sponsored championship for TESTies by TESTies.

We dont have any official prizes or anything to give away yet, but if you would like to help sponsor or assist, please PM me either here on the forums or via Discord.

The tournament (if we had one) would likely take place towards the end of this year. No official date has been set yet as this is just a poll to see what interest levels are like.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I think we could have a lot of fun with a Test only rally. You could have the serious racing teams/division, and then have another one that is a drinking only division where you have to finish a beer at every checkpoint.
Hmmm, the drinking mariokart version of a rally race.....

I may have to add this as a category....

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I think that the upcoming "Scramble Races" may influence whatever we do in the near future. Maybe wait and see how that is implemented first?

But yeah, along with what @DarthMunkee & @ShakyWater said, maybe start with an in-house rally to get started, and then open it up later to a wider audience. With beer! And lots of extra security flying over head, lol!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Yep, and I have a couple of other ideas for events as well

However, for the Tusken stage, they should all have rail guns...but only one clip, and they need to empty their clip before being allowed to exit the race course. Tusken in the racecourse are fair game to be shot or run over.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
there should definitely be a 'tusken stage' - a squad of drunk testies sat a mile back from the track with sniper rifles :smile:
that emoji is annoying AF

it is bigger on our forums than the original image

I would prefer not to report

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Make it open to everyone. If it's too popular, implement some qualifications in following years.
We intend to make it open to all TESTies. If you are interested in competing against other orgs, I recommend you join the RALLY team (something i am also leading/coordinating) in our efforts to win the DAYMAR RALLY race coming up in January.
Should we have a competition *without* bragging rights?
Nay, bragging rights are the ultimate glory.
With Blackjack, and Hookers, and Montoya. In fact forget the Blackjack and hookers!
Blackjack and hookers. Got it.
I'll bring the blackjack....
you bring.... yourself. :D
im not really sure what the fuck this is.... and to be honest, im a little afraid to ask.
there should definitely be a 'tusken stage' - a squad of drunk testies sat a mile back from the track with sniper rifles :smile:
also not a terrible idea....
Now that's pod racing!

But for real, that would be fun. One of ever 10 Tusken could have a rail gun to really make it interesting.
i think rail guns would be too OP in this case....
Yep, and I have a couple of other ideas for events as well

However, for the Tusken stage, they should all have rail guns...but only one clip, and they need to empty their clip before being allowed to exit the race course. Tusken in the racecourse are fair game to be shot or run over.
I suppose we can "TEST" this idea out during one practice.

Reactions: Ammorn

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think it would definately be fun to do as an inner org activity but as something to brag about externally its already been done with the Daymar Rally - I don't want to steal their thunder.

I say as the biggest org, we make a bigger kind of racing that takes into account more of the mechanics of SC - a Triathlon.

So you start from port olisar with a land vehicle in your hold, and have to Quantum to various waypoints like communication towers X, Y and Z before reaching a moon and quantum to a specific waypoint on that, then drop to 2000 meters and race in atmosphere to points X, Y and Z before finally landing and rally racing with the vehicle from your hold between points X and Y.

Would an Avenger have enough Quantum for the first stage of the race or would it have to waste valuable time pit-stopping at CryAstro? Would a Constallation be fast enough for the second stage of the race or would they have to carry a faster but more risky ground vehicle for the third stage?

Would all parts of a race like this even be fun? different enough, worth trying and definately worth bragging about if successful.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I think it would definately be fun to do as an inner org activity but as something to brag about externally its already been done with the Daymar Rally - I don't want to steal their thunder.

I say as the biggest org, we make a bigger kind of racing that takes into account more of the mechanics of SC - a Triathlon.

So you start from port olisar with a land vehicle in your hold, and have to Quantum to various waypoints like communication towers X, Y and Z before reaching a moon and quantum to a specific waypoint on that, then drop to 2000 meters and race in atmosphere to points X, Y and Z before finally landing and rally racing with the vehicle from your hold between points X and Y.

Would an Avenger have enough Quantum for the first stage of the race or would it have to waste valuable time pit-stopping at CryAstro? Would a Constallation be fast enough for the second stage of the race or would they have to carry a faster but more risky ground vehicle for the third stage?

Would all parts of a race like this even be fun? different enough, worth trying and definately worth bragging about if successful.
Hmmmm a relay race of sorts.....i like it. Will take this into consideration.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Meant to post this a while back, just found the tab open in my browser.

These guys did a nice video of just a huge get-together and mass jump to Daymar. We could just have a couple of "unorganized" events for TESTies, to get out the peeps and just get people used to doing things as a group.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQuORoVBsz8&feature=youtu.be

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Meant to post this a while back, just found the tab open in my browser.

These guys did a nice video of just a huge get-together and mass jump to Daymar. We could just have a couple of "unorganized" events for TESTies, to get out the peeps and just get people used to doing things as a group.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQuORoVBsz8&feature=youtu.be
Getting people active again is one of our goals! Regardless of what it is we are doing. Although I'm learning that with repetitive events, people can learn what to expect and can build upon that rather than starting from scratch over and over.

Reactions: Ammorn
Forgot your password?