Show us your desktop!

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Looks to be a TV, and depending on the guy's desk posture (it ain't OSHA, that's for sure) it might not be too terrible for him. I've joked that when we end up getting a new TV, I get to take the 64" living room TV for the office, but I always applaud someone who actually goes and does it.

Now I'm just jealous.
There's a few of us in the triple monitor boat; you can't see it on mine because it's an actual desktop capture, but if you look at the edges or resolutions, you can usually spot the multi-monitor setups. Also, joining said club doesn't have to be expensive, you can sometimes find great deals on good monitors online. Look for clearance sales after a manufacturer releases a new model.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Looks to be a TV, and depending on the guy's desk posture (it ain't OSHA, that's for sure) it might not be too terrible for him. I've joked that when we end up getting a new TV, I get to take the 64" living room TV for the office, but I always applaud someone who actually goes and does it.

There's a few of us in the triple monitor boat; you can't see it on mine because it's an actual desktop capture, but if you look at the edges or resolutions, you can usually spot the multi-monitor setups. Also, joining said club doesn't have to be expensive, you can sometimes find great deals on good monitors online. Look for clearance sales after a manufacturer releases a new model.
Or you do it like I did and you ask around if someone has a spare monitor or repair broken ones (in one of my monitors where 6 capacitor blown so I put new ones in. It cost me 5 bucks to fix it xD)

Reactions: marcsand2

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Or you do it like I did and you ask around if someone has a spare monitor or repair broken ones (in one of my monitors where 6 capacitor blown so I put new ones in. It cost me 5 bucks to fix it xD)
I'm not good enough at soldering to be comfortable trying to repair a monitor; the current upper limits of my skill is really just splicing wiring together.

Forgot your password?