Show off your rig!

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
:confused: I will never, never, never, never ever post a pic of my working place in here.

At my place, there are several life forms besides of digital technical light-stuff, CPU and vid power. I mean, look at your pictures! It looks like...a catalog item. Clean like a hospital!

At my place there are figurines, two or three coffee mugs (used for sure), one tea mug, water glasses, looots of pens, further office stuff, phones - station and two mobiles - meds, bred and cake crumbs, a bunch of keys, loudspeakers, a coffee can, a salt crystal lamp, an old postcard (at the crystal lamp), small paper, sticky paper, writing paper, empty paper, printed paper and paper with my notes and coffee rings on it....and not to forget a bottle of alcoholic hand disinfectants :eek::D
The PC working station is just one little detail on my desk. :oops::rolleyes::D
Did you actually have a close look at my post? Full disclosure: that took about an hour prep work. I had to clear the marginally empty soda cans and random paperwork/junk off our desks prior to the picture. I did not fully succeed.

We are gamers. That is me, that is my wife, and that is the daughter we are raising (12 year old nerd ftw). We think about it all day and when we come home, that is what we do. We don't spend our off time cleaning. We don't come home and tidy up the place. We keep a nominally sanitary home and use our computers to the fullest.

You can spend your precious off time cleaning, or gaming. It is your choice. My wife, my daughter, and I have all made our choice. Our home is somewhat clean on a constant basis. However, we play video games every single night. If that means it gets a little sloppy from time to time, so be it. We do what we want. If anyone cares to criticize, well, we don't really care what you think. We're happy as hell with the way it is.

Reactions: Xist and rogesh

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
Thanks. :)

It's a standing desk, so I can raise it or lower it with the push of a button. It's way better for my back to stand than sit. :)

That's also part of the reason for the mess of wires in the back, when I lift the desk up there needs to be plenty of extension capability on all the wires.
I have the same desk, with a different finish...and a lot more crap on it :D

Also, it turns out the Big Benny's cap is black light reactive...

And if the coffee isn't on the deck, this usually is...

I will never, never, never, never ever post a pic of my working place in here.
This is why I decided to share today :D
I think if anyone understands the chaos that may be our desks / gaming area it would be those who are here!

Reactions: Xist and AstroSam

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
This is why I decided to share today :D
I think if anyone understands the chaos that may be our desks / gaming area it would be those who are here!

Lol, and thus was born PMDA (Perpetually Messy Desks Anonymous).

Hello, my name is Bruttle and I have a perpetually messy desk. My desk has been empty soda can free for 2 weeks now...

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
Lol, and thus was born PMDA (Perpetually Messy Desks Anonymous).

Hello, my name is Bruttle and I have a perpetually messy desk. My desk has been empty soda can free for 2 weeks now...
Hey! I did a thing!

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
this is mine at the moment:
2016-09-11 16.51.19.jpg
2016-09-11 16.50.53.jpg

plz ignore the cable management under the desk and yes there is a laptop on my bed that is conected to the tv on the right bottom of the second pic.

my pc has:

msi Z97-GD65 GAMING
amd Sapphire Tri-X r9 290
i5 (4690K) [still running at stock since i havent bought a better heatsink yet]
2x Crucial Ballistix sport ddr3 ram 8GB 1600
3x Alpenföhn Wingboost 2 (120x120mm)
coolermaster n300 (with two 120x120mm fans)
ADATA sp610 128GB SSD and some old HDD with 1TB

all powered with an XFX TS650 with (the name says it) 650 watt
and running eyefinity on certain games

now i got some questions:
well cpuz shows that my cpu is running on 100-200MHZ under 4 GHZ but is sold running 3,5 GHZ and it shouldn't have boost so is this normal? also i'm sometimes wondering if im running it with a to small wattage?

oh yeah almost forgot:
a samsung syncmaster 226BW (22" left)
samsung syncmaster s27B370 (27" middle)
Belinea 2230 S1W (22" Right)

Seagon

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Seagon
Here goes,

My loyal workhorse:
ASUS ROG Maximus IV Extreme
i7-2600k overclocked to 4.5ghz, thus cooled by a Corsair Hydro H100 mounted on the inside of the case
8gb mushkin redline DDR3 (i believe running at 2133mhz) memory
Sapphire R9 280x Toxic
2tb storage / game drive (7200 RPM)
512 gb Samsung 850 Pro OS (SSD)
Blu-ray writer

And all of that in a sleek, awesome, rather large Corsair Carbide air 540 high airflow case :slight_smile:

I know, it's a 6 year old build aside from the GPU, but it still runs everything on max settings on 1080 :)

On top of the (self made) desk we can find a Razer Mamba (single color version)
Iijama monitor (24")
A Tobii EyeX (Or Steelseries Sentry) soon to be replaced by the new 4c model.
A razer deathstalker ultimate on the image but replaced it with my old Roccat Arvo with a Logitech G13 next to it

Soon i will mount my X65F on the desk once the monster mount comes in.

DSC_0624.JPG IMG-20161127-WA0004.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: rogesh

Eamon_Flannigan

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Eamon_Flannigan
The hangar module was just fine in SLI, but the DFM gives a bunch of graphical artifacts everywhere. The new beta driver also caused an instant blue screen after I logged into my computer, so I have to run DFM in single card mode.
I had the same issues with SLI in PTU 2.5 running full screen 2500x1600 but in windowed mode I don't get artifacts.

35fps in PTU 2.5 with drops to 20 during high draw moments, 45-50 fps standing still.

4790K @ 4600MHz
2x EVGA Hybrid Titan X @ Core-1367MHz, Memory-3506MHz, Shader-2734MHz
32G DDR3 2400Mhz G skill Trident X
File Nov 29, 9 46 21 AM.jpeg

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I had the same issues with SLI in PTU 2.5 running full screen 2500x1600 but in windowed mode I don't get artifacts.

35fps in PTU 2.5 with drops to 20 during high draw moments, 45-50 fps standing still.

4790K @ 4600MHz
2x EVGA Hybrid Titan X @ Core-1367MHz, Memory-3506MHz, Shader-2734MHz
32G DDR3 2400Mhz G skill Trident X
View attachment 5024
Is that 4 fans on the front radiator!?

Reactions: Eamon_Flannigan

Eamon_Flannigan

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Eamon_Flannigan
Is that 4 fans on the front radiator!?
Four fans front radiator EKWB furious Vardar (highly recommend them!) + 2 200mm intake fans in front of those (took some time to balance their harmonics).

One intake fan on each GPU radiator.

2 200mm fans on top for exhaust.

(went through 3 sets of Thermaltake 200mm fans before finding Coolermaster barometric ball bearing 200mm fans, which have yet to fail)
File Nov 29, 10 38 47 AM.jpeg The box of fans that failed to live up to expectations.

When I max out the CPU for transcoding video she blasts burning air out of the top vent...

Last edited:
Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Four fans front radiator EKWB furious Vardar (highly recommend them!) + 2 200mm intake fans in front of those (took some time to balance their harmonics).

One intake fan on each GPU radiator.

2 200mm fans on top for exhaust.

(went through 3 sets of Thermaltake 200mm fans before finding Coolermaster barometric ball bearing 200mm fans, which have yet to fail)
View attachment 5026 The box of fans that failed to live up to expectations.

When I max out the CPU for transcoding video she blasts burning air out of the top vent...
Yeah, when I play GTA on max settings in 4k, my tower turns into an oven too.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Yeah, when I play GTA on max settings in 4k, my tower turns into an oven too.
Wait you guys are sure those are not r9 or something? XD
Are titans really getting that hot? If not than what is?

Eamon_Flannigan

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Eamon_Flannigan
Wait you guys are sure those are not r9 or something? XD
Are titans really getting that hot? If not than what is?
The CPU is definitely the main (80-90%) contributor to the stove effect described previously.

For clarification we are talking about an overclocked Central Processing Unit (CPU) that is generating massive amounts of heat (radiation) which is conducted into the waterblock then convected into the liquid cooling solution. Which then needs too be cooled in the radiator through more conduction into the air again through convection. This is where the fans must get the heat off the radiators and out of the case which is what creates the superheating we describe during long hours of gameplay. The "Titans" are Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) which definitely don't produce the heat we described, you are correct.

It's really silly when you think about it.. I bet there would be better results from a good ambient cooler and putting the whole damn thing inside a fridge...

Last edited:

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
The CPU is definitely the main (80-90%) contributor to the stove effect described previously.

For clarification we are talking about an overclocked Central Processing Unit (CPU) that is generating massive amounts of heat (radiation) which is conducted into the waterblock then convected into the liquid cooling solution. Which then needs too be cooled in the radiator through more conduction into the air again through convection. This is where the fans must get the heat off the radiators and out of the case which is what creates the superheating we describe during long hours of gameplay. The "Titans" are Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) which definitely don't produce the heat we described, you are correct.

It's really silly when you think about it.. I bet there would be better results from a good ambient cooler and putting the whole damn thing inside a fridge...
Huh I didn't know that the CPU is producing so much heat. Wouldn't it then be more effektive if you put up another radiator (sorry don't know anything about liquid cooling)

Eamon_Flannigan

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Eamon_Flannigan
Huh I didn't know that the CPU is producing so much heat. Wouldn't it then be more effektive if you put up another radiator (sorry don't know anything about liquid cooling)
sadly I ran out of space in my case to put in a larger radiator, which would ease the temps down. Or I could not OC my CPU, but that's no fun at all...

Both my CPU and my 2x GPUs are ALL contributors. At least my case moves the air out of the case and into the room with me. lol
GPU never breaks 40 Celsius CPU hits over 80 degrees in long sessions. I'm really starting to like the mini fridge idea... or a mini freezer...

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
sadly I ran out of space in my case to put in a larger radiator, which would ease the temps down. Or I could not OC my CPU, but that's no fun at all...

GPU never breaks 40 Celsius CPU hits over 80 degrees in long sessions. I'm really starting to like the mini fridge idea... or a mini freezer...
As long as you channel the hot air out of the freezer, but then again you also need fresh air, which also is warmer than the inside temperature of your freezer, meaning that you will get a huge condensation problem. A good airco in a small space would be your best shot, hot air out, conditioned cold air in.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ

Well. You must have that CPU seriously overvolted to be creating that much heat. It shouldn't be using more than 200watts at full pelt. Your graphics cards use up to 250watts, each. I think you need a bigger radiator for it as 80 degrees is not what I would want to see myself.

Just my 2p!

Forgot your password?