Tut tut @ PC master race ;)

Reactions: AstroSam

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
Here's my future turret gunner's rig:

Good, get em indoctrinated early. Any specs on adorable-munchkin's rig?

Is that the Corsair Air 240 or the Air 540 you have your main rig in? It's kinda hard to tell in the dark at that angle, I think it's the 240 based on size. The rest I think I can piece out:

Asus Z170i Pro Gaming with wireless-AC
Corsair H110GTX water cooling over... I'm going to guess i7 6700K
EVGA 1080 FTW edition
16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 at... I'm going to guess 2400MHz
And I see two SATA cables - I'm guessing a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD?

(Nice job on the custom case backlighting btw, sharp!)

Last edited:

Th3Damien

Grand Admiral
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Damien212
Good, get em indoctrinated early. Any specs on adorable-munchkin's rig?

Is that the Corsair Air 240 or the Air 540 you have your main rig in? It's kinda hard to tell in the dark at that angle, I think it's the 240 based on size. The rest I think I can piece out:

Asus Z170i Pro Gaming with wireless-AC
Corsair H110GTX water cooling over... I'm going to guess i7 6700K
EVGA 1080 FTW edition
16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 at... I'm going to guess 2400MHz
And I see two SATA cables - I'm guessing a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD?

(Nice job on the custom case backlighting btw, sharp!)
Thanks. The RGB lights are these ones from amazon. Cheap and really bright. I got a few for mine, my gf's and the little one's desks. That pic of my munchkin is from before I got my new desk and upgrades.

Her desk looks like this now:

Munchkin's rig is:
Bitfenix Prodigy (white, then plastidipped pink)
Gigabyte Z97N Gaming 5
i3-4160
8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3
R9 380
Some Ducky KB handed down from my gf's rig.
Random logitech wireless mouse
Random cheap monitor that had a deep scratch but I buffed it out with electrical contact cleaner (protip right there).

Mine is:
Corsair Air 240 (you were right)
Corsair H100i v2 (replaced all the stock fans for this and the case with red LED ML120's)
Asus Z170i (right again)
i7 6700k (yup)
EVGA 1080 FTW (obviously...)
16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 (yup, only @ 2666)
2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
1x Samsung 850 Evo 256GB
1x 1TB WD HDD
Dell S2716DG Monitor
Corsair K95 KB
Logitech G400s Mouse
Logitech Z-5500 Speakers (that I've had for years and years)
TM Warthog Hotas
Steam controller (for Rocket League etc)

Not everything was new. I reused the HDD's etc from my old PC and then the old parts got handed down line as is protocol. I was originally just getting a new desk but it turned into a PC upgrade too.

My gf got well jelly at the leds and decided to kit herself out with RGB upgrades too.

Last edited:

DansAFK

Admiral
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
DansAFK

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Mm nice rigs guys and gals, and munchkins! I really need to work on my presentation as beast rig looks like a horrific PC version of "the mountain" from Game of Thrones.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Well, it's not so much a rig as it is a big damn mess. I actually just moved the whole operation a couple weeks ago and still have a pile of cord management. It is a work in progress for sure. We also work a lot and, well, we're gamers not housekeepers.

So this is actually 4 pc's. The easiest way to explain this mess is in monitors from left to right.

Main monitor row:
  1. Daughter's computer
  2. My computer
  3. My computer
  4. My computer
  5. Touch screen all in one computer (running as media pc)
  6. My wife's computer
  7. My wife's computer
Top two:
  1. TV running duplicate to the media pc
  2. 8 channel security camera system
20160902_233303.jpg

Bonus:
Under screen 2 there is the small monitor for my secondary system AV camera on my front door that is routed to my cell phone.
Under my part of the desk, there is a gun safe with a PD Judge inside. (it's not paranoia, I have a daughter. anyone with a daughter will understand.)
The media computer is actually split to 3 different TVs. It goes to the one here in the picture, one in our weight room, and one upstairs in our tabletop/dining/guest entertaining room. There are a lot of wires in our house and yes, I spend a fortune every month on our electric bill.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
You guys needs second monitor. I'm thinking about starting a charity for monitor handicaped people.
I used to have 3 monitors but I found that it was a lot more trouble than it's worth.

Now I run 1 4K monitor and I like it better.

I'm seriously considering getting an ultra widescreen instead of the 4K though. Still unsure - I do love screen real estate. :)

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
I used to have 3 monitors but I found that it was a lot more trouble than it's worth.

Now I run 1 4K monitor and I like it better.

I'm seriously considering getting an ultra widescreen instead of the 4K though. Still unsure - I do love screen real estate. :)
I have only one monitor at work, I feel like I'm dying all the time, I don't know how you can prefer having only one.

Reactions: AstroSam and rogesh

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
:confused: I will never, never, never, never ever post a pic of my working place in here.

At my place, there are several life forms besides of digital technical light-stuff, CPU and vid power. I mean, look at your pictures! It looks like...a catalog item. Clean like a hospital!

At my place there are figurines, two or three coffee mugs (used for sure), one tea mug, water glasses, looots of pens, further office stuff, phones - station and two mobiles - meds, bred and cake crumbs, a bunch of keys, loudspeakers, a coffee can, a salt crystal lamp, an old postcard (at the crystal lamp), small paper, sticky paper, writing paper, empty paper, printed paper and paper with my notes and coffee rings on it....and not to forget a bottle of alcoholic hand disinfectants :eek::D
The PC working station is just one little detail on my desk. :oops::rolleyes::D

Th3Damien

Grand Admiral
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Damien212
:confused: I will never, never, never, never ever post a pic of my working place in here.

At my place, there are several life forms besides of digital technical light-stuff, CPU and vid power. I mean, look at your pictures! It looks like...a catalog item. Clean like a hospital!
It only looks clean because we either clean before we take a pic, or only take a pic after we clean. :D

DansAFK

Admiral
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
DansAFK

At my place there are figurines, two or three coffee mugs (used for sure), one tea mug, water glasses, looots of pens, further office stuff, phones - station and two mobiles - meds, bred and cake crumbs, a bunch of keys, loudspeakers, a coffee can, a salt crystal lamp, an old postcard (at the crystal lamp), small paper, sticky paper, writing paper, empty paper, printed paper and paper with my notes and coffee rings on it....and not to forget a bottle of alcoholic hand disinfectants :eek::D
The PC working station is just one little detail on my desk. :oops::rolleyes::D
haha same!

if there's not sentient life growing out one of the used coffee cups then your doing it wrong.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Here is the completed computer. It's hard to see it in this pic with all the light, but the keyboard+mouse glow yellow just like the case.

Inside: liquid cooled + overclocked i7-6700K with a GTX Titan P (soon to be liquid cooled + overclocked)

Also got an NVMe PCIe x4 SSD which is so fast I can't believe it. I used to think that 2x SSD in RAID 0 was fast, but I was wrong. NVMe is insane.

On the desk: X-56, Oculus Rift CV1.

Under the desk: (don't ask!) Racing pedals, UPS, speakers, huge wiring mess. I'm not a wiring guy. :)

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Here is the completed computer. It's hard to see it in this pic with all the light, but the keyboard+mouse glow yellow just like the case.

Inside: liquid cooled + overclocked i7-6700K with a GTX Titan P (soon to be liquid cooled + overclocked)

Also got an NVMe PCIe x4 SSD which is so fast I can't believe it. I used to think that 2x SSD in RAID 0 was fast, but I was wrong. NVMe is insane.

On the desk: X-56, Oculus Rift CV1.

Under the desk: (don't ask!) Racing pedals, UPS, speakers, huge wiring mess. I'm not a wiring guy. :)

I really like the finish of that desk

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I really like the finish of that desk
Thanks. :)

It's a standing desk, so I can raise it or lower it with the push of a button. It's way better for my back to stand than sit. :)

That's also part of the reason for the mess of wires in the back, when I lift the desk up there needs to be plenty of extension capability on all the wires.

Forgot your password?