Show us your desktop!

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I'm not good enough at soldering to be comfortable trying to repair a monitor; the current upper limits of my skill is really just splicing wiring together.
It ain't that hard :)
I'm not able to cleanly solder two wires together yet I didn't blow those capacitors xD
Edit: and if you can't fix it then you only lost e few bucks so just try. At least that's my train of thought

ZombieXII

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
ZombieXII
Does your neck hurt from that?

Also, is that a TV or just a large monitor? Looks nice as hell!
Looks to be a TV, and depending on the guy's desk posture (it ain't OSHA, that's for sure) it might not be too terrible for him. I've joked that when we end up getting a new TV, I get to take the 64" living room TV for the office, but I always applaud someone who actually goes and does it.

There's a few of us in the triple monitor boat; you can't see it on mine because it's an actual desktop capture, but if you look at the edges or resolutions, you can usually spot the multi-monitor setups. Also, joining said club doesn't have to be expensive, you can sometimes find great deals on good monitors online. Look for clearance sales after a manufacturer releases a new model.
It's a TV, 60" plasma. It works very well. Eye level is actually a few inches above the bottom edge and I tend to lean back in my chair a bit so there really isn't any neck strain.

I'll be acquiring a 50" plasma by January and finally have a dual monitor setup!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Pretty plain over all. I don't really like icons on me desktop. And thanks to a Windows 10 update I now have a nice Saitek paperweight.
It's a TV, 60" plasma. It works very well. Eye level is actually a few inches above the bottom edge and I tend to lean back in my chair a bit so there really isn't any neck strain.

I'll be acquiring a 50" plasma by January and finally have a dual monitor setup!
You need a bigger wall for a 50"and 60" dual monitor setup :D

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

Jealousyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Forgot your password?