[Showerthought] There are already bittervets in Star Citizen and the game isn't even out yet :/

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Yep. I'd agree with the majority of posts in here. I just kinda took a step back from the daily updates and will check out things every few weeks. Otherwise I just hang around with my TESTies. And since Montoya promoted me to "not an officer" in Mumble last night for about 30 seconds my ambition to achieve great things in this org has never been higher.

On that note...I'm off to take a nap.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Yep. I'd agree with the majority of posts in here. I just kinda took a step back from the daily updates and will check out things every few weeks. Otherwise I just hang around with my TESTies. And since Montoya promoted me to "not an officer" in Mumble last night for about 30 seconds my ambition to achieve great things in this org has never been higher.

On that note...I'm off to take a nap.
Even Montoya gets credit for my doing!

It's okay. Maybe you'll become not an officer sometime again.

Reactions: Annitias

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
If only I'd known Egriz.

A little bit of my sexual attraction towards Montoya just moved on to you. :)

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Even Montoya gets credit for my doing!

It's okay. Maybe you'll become not an officer sometime again.
Uhh. What did I miss? Why do I always miss everything on the nights I am out of town.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
As a relatively new player, and a pretty patient person, the bittervets are getting annoying to me.
Bittervets are always a thing. They usually are from an era when the game was different. For the current bittervets they came from "Wingman Era". When development really was a glass house and only early concept art wasnt shown. Since then CIG has hidden things for "shock factor". We are in a new "Sandi Era", which is a debatable subject for another time. I dont think it is because she is female just her personallity and suspected motivations/actions. She is also credited to be the head figure of the new CIG "shock factor" development structure.

One day you will be a bittervet, when things change for better or worst. One day multi-player ships may take over, and you as a single-player fighter will be upset at the change of the game.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
One day you will be a bittervet, when things change for better or worst. One day multi-player ships may take over, and you as a single-player fighter will be upset at the change of the game.
"I want to run a passenger ship all by myself like I used to, but now the game is balanced around having so many PC flight attendants that one can take your drink order while another gives you the complimentary in-flight handy.
Thanks for ruining the game, CIG!"

Reactions: Feral Oxide

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
I'm definitely glad that I'm highly resistant to bittervet syndrome. I've been trained in wildly whelping ships as a member of BRAVE, and my patience is proven by being a Goblins Fan™.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
"I want to run a passenger ship all by myself like I used to, but now the game is balanced around having so many PC flight attendants that one can take your drink order while another gives you the complimentary in-flight handy.
Thanks for ruining the game, CIG!"
It could be from that to what EvE has done where capital ships are a dime a dozen, battleships are worthless, and small gang warfare is effectively gone. There is always going to be bittervets about dumb things to actual changes that are game changing.

Shutter

Grand Admiral
Mar 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Shutter
My copy of Jump Point only had 2 autographs. My name was in there twice, so I should have got 4 autographs. Yes, I'm drinkin the Bitters, but I think I;ll switch to Stout. Then I'll be a StoutVet.

I am in completeplete control of my vetness, not Bitters here, only Stouts. Jump, roll, pop the trigger, I'm in! Long hall me be.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Don't really care at all about anything on the RSI forums. I'll bump our TEST thread now and then but other than that I rarely even look at those forums. I'm on the TEST forums daily and read the TEST reddit occasionally(damn k-pop) and even listen quietly in mumble now and then because the TEST community is far more interesting than the latest SC game updates anyways.

I actually only decided to back SC after finding out about TEST Squadron. The organization appealed to me far more than the actual game it was formed for. I know I'll play SC once it finally releases something worth playing, but I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for every alpha release. In the meantime I have a great group of people to hang out with and play other games with. Speaking of which, I really need to pick up ARK and join one of the TEST tribes... Until then I'll go watch another Captain Richard, RussianJ or Admiral Nolan stream on Twitch...

TEST Squadron is BEST Squardon!

Reactions: MzHartz

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
all right, everybody gather round Halvix to give him his Test buddy fix... gather up the lube and alcohol, this won't take tooo long.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
all right, everybody gather round Halvix to give him his Test buddy fix... gather up the lube and alcohol, this won't take tooo long.
With enough alcohol this could be fun... wait? what? Did you say lube?!?! Gonna need a lot more alcohol, not sure the 42% is enough for this...

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
Halvix, the Slip&Slide really does call for some kind of lubricant. That said, they're more fun when you're not sure if you're coming at it straight.

Pr0totype dFA

Space Marshal
Jan 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Pr0totype_dFA
Just give those backers some blankets and cocoa and everything will be alright. Ironically we wanted a game that was not being run by Publishers YET some the community are just as bad as the publishers themselves. As much as I want to play SC, I am fully supporting CIG no matter how long it takes. I didn't heavily back this game for it to be another half assed game like we see annually.

I kind of stopped looking at RSI forums altogether because of the negativity and I'm glad I'm able to come here without a worry. I had to laugh at the third party blogs talking about SC and FPS module never coming. Honestly I think I'm more excited to see when CIG will succeed on making The Best Damn Spa...GAME Ever!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
FFS, its like people have no idea how long a game takes to make. WoW took like 5 years, Fallout 4 took like 5 years with recycling the engine and tons of assets, Skyrim, FFXIV, ESO, etc etc etc. Most game companies just keep all the development under wraps until its basically 95% done and then announce it. SC is well on schedule compared to other AAA games, the early "end of 2014 release" dates were for a MUCH more slimmed down and barebones game.

People need to calm the fuck down and get a goddamn hobby.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
FFS, its like people have no idea how long a game takes to make. WoW took like 5 years, Fallout 4 took like 5 years with recycling the engine and tons of assets, Skyrim, FFXIV, ESO, etc etc etc. Most game companies just keep all the development under wraps until its basically 95% done and then announce it. SC is well on schedule compared to other AAA games, the early "end of 2014 release" dates were for a MUCH more slimmed down and barebones game.

People need to calm the fuck down and get a goddamn hobby.
Unfortunately, many peoples hobby is playing bittervet CIG wackamole.

Reactions: MzHartz

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
On the bright side of all the negativity drums, we get to laugh at Dingbat Shart more.

McFurious

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2014
RSI Handle
McFurious
I think a lot of people just can't handle the hype. Chris promised them the game of their dreams and they're getting obsessed and impatient. It's way too early for all that nonsense.

If they think delays and bugs have been bad so far, just wait til they start trying to get the PU up and running. Plenty more delays are on the way. Embrace the suck.

Forgot your password?