Sitting at the bar

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Just rolled in from skimming gasses out of Crusader.

They don't like you making money out of their planet without a contract as they own it and all that's in it, but they can't really stop you if you dive deep enough and keep away from population centers. Those lameo Crusader ship designs have firepower but can't go as low as a MISC can... But be careful down there if you fancy it... if you're on a Starfarer don't even think about going on to that back gantry without a pressure suit. No space suit or armour is going to cut it down there you need some real bathysphere shizz going on or you'll squidge down small enough to fit in a weekend bag.

You see shadows in the mists down there though, not just the Whales, either. I mean those are big but I'm talking big shadows... like Leviathan big... Yeah I know it's a Crusader myth by wacky oldsters who say they survived floating city falls by the skin of their teeth... but think a constellation would be a toothpick big...

It's partly why I don't drink much anymore.

The other reason is when you have skimmed million year old alcohol forged in the death throws of a dying star from a beautifully intoxicating nebula drifting in deep space, everything else is just the tiniest bit pedestrian.

I save that special stuff for when I go diving. You never know when your next trip will be your last, you see. Ships just... vanish without a trace. No wreckage, no black box, no survivors, nothing. You need some real Dutch Courage for that kind of work, trust me - if you ever do it line your stomach with some nebula alcohol... but not too much. It's probably the reason why 50% of those ships went missing in the first place. A delicate balance between courage and bravado is about two sips between the two, and bravado leads to mistakes, and a mistake down there under all that pressure... Mistakes'll kill ya.

Last edited:

Alia_and_Gotin

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 1, 2020
RSI Handle
Alia Traprunner
You need some real Dutch Courage for that kind of work, trust me - if you ever do it line your stomach with some nebula alcohol... but not too much. It's probably the reason why 50% of those ships went missing in the first place. A delicate balance between courage and bravado is about two sips between the two, and bravado leads to mistakes, and a mistake down there under all that pressure... Mistakes'll kill ya.

a finger or two of really good tequila, none of that crappy mixing stuff, and its smooth sailing! Gas skimmers are a special kind of person! Good for you!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
a finger or two of really good tequila, none of that crappy mixing stuff, and its smooth sailing! Gas skimmers are a special kind of person! Good for you!
Skimming Giants like Crusader 'ain't like picking those meager scraps out of deep space nebula or the atmo of a moon like Ita, that's for sure! The rewards are high and the consentrations so rich you don't have to stay under too long to fill your tanks if you are not too picky, but every meter you drop is another inch closer to the big sleep - but the denser gasses are deeper down, too.

The kind of people who go down there either resent themselves so much they don't care enough about their own personal safety, or are very stupid, or are drunk. I'm a little from column A, B and C. I suppose it's why I've survived alive so long. I can see from your face you've never heared that term before? Surviving alive is us who have taken one look at a situation down there, turned around walked away and lived - the only people telling stories about us is ourselves... Survived dead are those captains who dove right in, lost it all but went down in legend. Yeah they died, but the number of people telling stories about them counts in the tens of thousands.

It's kinda tranquil down there until you realise the nearest population of people to you are the dead who failed and sank to the depths. Every so often you'll find a buoyancy-neutral wreck just hanging there in the denser more stable pockets of gas. If you are ever unlucky enough to stumble across one, don't be tempted to go srcumpin' for parts and be wary of that pocket too - if you imagine tar pits and dinosaurs it's similar, one Dino dies which attracts another carrion feeder which gets stuck and attracts another and another... I've seen my fair share of wrecks over the years and too many of them were groups of two or three ships all just floating there - you know at one point, there was just that one unlucky one who lost a pressure seal or who's generator or engines crapped out... I guarantee you the others walked in there willingly with their eyes open and didn't even survive dead, they just died anonymous. You want to survive alive scan their reg for the UEE records and move along. Meddling with floating graveyards is a ticket to skipping to the end... and if for some reason you wake up one day wanting to survive dead, make sure you have a launch capable drone to send a copy of your Black Box back to the rest of us.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Skimming Giants like Crusader 'ain't like picking those meager scraps out of deep space nebula or the atmo of a moon like Ita, that's for sure! The rewards are high and the consentrations so rich you don't have to stay under too long to fill your tanks if you are not too picky, but every meter you drop is another inch closer to the big sleep - but the denser gasses are deeper down, too.

The kind of people who go down there either resent themselves so much they don't care enough about their own personal safety, or are very stupid, or are drunk. I'm a little from column A, B and C. I suppose it's why I've survived alive so long. I can see from your face you've never heared that term before? Surviving alive is us who have taken one look at a situation down there, turned around walked away and lived - the only people telling stories about us is ourselves... Survived dead are those captains who dove right in, lost it all but went down in legend. Yeah they died, but the number of people telling stories about them counts in the tens of thousands.

It's kinda tranquil down there until you realise the nearest population of people to you are the dead who failed and sank to the depths. Every so often you'll find a buoyancy-neutral wreck just hanging there in the denser more stable pockets of gas. If you are ever unlucky enough to stumble across one, don't be tempted to go srcumpin' for parts and be wary of that pocket too - if you imagine tar pits and dinosaurs it's similar, one Dino dies which attracts another carrion feeder which gets stuck and attracts another and another... I've seen my fair share of wrecks over the years and too many of them were groups of two or three ships all just floating there - you know at one point, there was just that one unlucky one who lost a pressure seal or who's generator or engines crapped out... I guarantee you the others walked in there willingly with their eyes open and didn't even survive dead, they just died anonymous. You want to survive alive scan their reg for the UEE records and move along. Meddling with floating graveyards is a ticket to skipping to the end... and if for some reason you wake up one day wanting to survive dead, make sure you have a launch capable drone to send a copy of your Black Box back to the rest of us.

Another round for this word poet.

Alia_and_Gotin

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 1, 2020
RSI Handle
Alia Traprunner
Gonna catch me one of them Space Whales one day and ride it to the stars!

Forgot your password?