SKYRIM IS BACK!

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
When I get back from training, if 3.0 Isn't out... I guess I'll have to make a heavilly modded version of the new version of Skyrim and see if I can actually beat the actual main questline... never done the questline. :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
It showed up in Steam as I bought the boxed set a couple years ago.

Started it last night... hmm....

Time will tell how much I play it!

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
I probably will when we get some of the mods ported over and patches fix all of the issues.
Man... I remember doing that, back in the Morrowind days. Never again.

I wasted almost a year trying to mod Morrowind to my liking, adding things like having to drink and eat, realistic (slow) healing, companions, graphical and weather upgrades and hundreds of small (and not so small) "fixes". I ended getting bored and never get past Vivec. I sweared to Glob to never make the same mistake again, but I did, with Fallout 3. Same results.

Maybe modern RPGs aren't for me :/

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Man... I remember doing that, back in the Morrowind days. Never again.

I wasted almost a year trying to mod Morrowind to my liking, adding things like having to drink and eat, realistic (slow) healing, companions, graphical and weather upgrades and hundreds of small (and not so small) "fixes". I ended getting bored and never get past Vivec. I sweared to Glob to never make the same mistake again, but I did, with Fallout 3. Same results.

Maybe modern RPGs aren't for me :/
Just play the game as the devs intended!

The only mods I really liked were armor and weapons that the modder had built into the game as a quest.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I'm waiting for the mods to update with the 64-bit game. That is the only good thing that has come with the new skyrim remastered. It is in 64-bit. Otherwise you can mod the old skyrim to look a bajillion times better then the remastered version for free.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I thought it was all behind me, but now the new redone Skyrim has come back to taunt me!

Anybody diving back in?
Yes, just created my character Thursday night. I'll be diving between Skyrim and Titanfall 2 for the weekend.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Started up Skyrim again. Sitting in driver seat of cart with hands bound. Horses aren't moving. Yay bugs!

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Started up Skyrim again. Sitting in driver seat of cart with hands bound. Horses aren't moving. Yay bugs!
Yea, they didn't fix any bugs from what I read xD
Just as Bethesda intended. ;)
At the least, you may want to install this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266/?
But that's how the modding addiction begins... For as long as I ever spent playing Skyrim, I spent 10x as long getting mods to work. :D

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Just play the game as the devs intended!
I just don't have the time to play every game out there anymore. I only play games I get hooked with.

Maybe it's my fault. I'm a veteran PC gamer and P&P roleplayer, and I think I ask too much from modern videogames. I loved Fallout 1 and 2, and really wanted to play 3, but I felt exactly like this PA comic strip while doing so:

Currently, I'm having a blast with XCOM: Long War. At first, I thought it would be shallow and arcadey, but dude I was wrong. The simpler combat system makes less distressing to gring through the missions. And the changes introduced by the Long War mod to combat, research and items, makes progression interesting and choices significant.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I installed Skyrim, played for a few hours. Decided I'm sick of it and can't bare running through everything again (for the 1241908th time).
Downloading Fallout 4 as we speak.

Forgot your password?