Small ship naming ceremony for my first nameable ship

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Once upon a time there was a person called NaffNaffBobFace, a whole tonne of Hype and a ship called the Origin 600i.

A few days before its reveal he said on these here forums "If it's ugly I'll cry like a child" and when it was revealed, he did indeed think that not because it was, but because it wasn't what he had envisioned in his minds eye and so he turned a blind eye to the ship entirely...

...but once upon another time...

...a ship called the 400i was released and yes, it was everything he had been wanting the 600i to be. And it finally existed in the 400i. And suddenly the blind eye regained vision and he saw the 600i not for what it wasn't, but for what it was. A fine ship indeed.

So, that's the backstory.

I got hold of a 600i explorer, and finally have my first nameable ship in the game.

And now I have a tradition. A small naming ceremony where I smash a bottle against the hull in fine maritime style.

Of course, being me, it couldn't happen without a little weirdness now could it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCzfr8-AOf8

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I told you to be careful with the schmizl goo. Now, everywhere you go, schmizl goo zombies will birth and populate amongst the stars. Now there is no choice. We must cede the cosmos over to that other, greater power that has yearned for centuries to rule over all humanity, or zombies shall overtake us all.

View: https://youtu.be/bcENL_Vdoqw

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks everyone, The clincher is it just flies so very well, another pilots ship from the Origin stable - there is nothing like throwing something near the size of an office block around like its a heavy fighter.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The 600i is a ship I grabbed with store credit just to try out - i never liked it before, i never really liked origin, yet the 600i is probably my favorite ship now - it's found it's way into my fleet permanently - no melty melty.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The 600i is a ship I grabbed with store credit just to try out - i never liked it before, i never really liked origin, yet the 600i is probably my favorite ship now - it's found it's way into my fleet permanently - no melty melty.
I agree I've had the 600 touring since the concept and while I was greatly disappointed with most of the interior the view from the pilot seat and the way it looks on the outside is still one of my favorite ships. While I had thought about upgrading it to an explorer so I can carry around a rover I still don't see myself using it over a Carrack. Given the interior of the 890jump and 400, I have hope for the 600 rework as the 890Jump while a great interior and features is just such a large ship and I have never really liked the aesthetics of the 400 with its long nose.

With everyone naming their ships I wonder if its about time I just pick a name.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Congrats NaffNaff! She's a beauty for sure! I've been eyeballing it for a while now.

Thanks everyone, The clincher is it just flies so very well, another pilots ship from the Origin stable - there is nothing like throwing something near the size of an office block around like its a heavy fighter.
Does it really fly that well? Colour me intrigued. I'll have to procure one and try it out.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Congrats NaffNaff! She's a beauty for sure! I've been eyeballing it for a while now.

Does it really fly that well? Colour me intrigued. I'll have to procure one and try it out.
If we are ever on the same server please feel free to take the Phaedrus out for a spin 👍

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I havent named mine yet. Yes got the explorer version the cargo ramp makes it a more useful well rounded ship IMHO.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
We've been throwing ships the size of large warehouses around like that for a while. I'd bet ships like this are going to get a balance pass in the somewhat near future, but I expect not to have much aUEC after "tomorrow" so I won't bet cuz I won't have. It's like patiently waiting to go bankrupt.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
With all the free "SpaceBux" CIG threw at us I bought a 600i in-game. Been in them a few times, but never flown one till now..how refreshing, a joy to cruise around, and handles well and was better than expected. Was hoping for some more aUEC, maybe hire a 600i to try it (when the reset rolls in)...instead CIG gives enough cash to buy a couple of them lol.

Edit: Two minutes later I find out CIG screwed up and are making plans to "take it back"...ughhh

Edit Edit: They took it all back and left me with starter money and anything I had purchased..such as my 600i

tavern_upload_large.jpg

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
With all the free "SpaceBux" CIG threw at us I bought a 600i in-game. Been in them a few times, but never flown one till now..how refreshing, a joy to cruise around, and handles well and was better than expected. Was hoping for some more aUEC, maybe hire a 600i to try it (when the reset rolls in)...instead CIG gives enough cash to buy a couple of them lol.

Edit: Two minutes later I find out CIG screwed up and are making plans to "take it back"...ughhh

Edit Edit: They took it all back and left me with starter money and anything I had purchased..such as my 600i

View attachment 23266
Yeah, Origins aren't just fast, they have what I'd term as 'performance'. Fast, manuverable and accelerate hard, if a player finds joy in flying I reccomend they at least geve these a rent and a try :-)

Forgot your password?