Sneak peek Redeemer engines

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Ooooo A nutcraker with LED lighting. LOL

Just kidding. Looks cool.
Even nutcracker need RBG light nowaday I suppose...

joke asaide I'll like too see some of the interiors: the esterior not only won't change that much, aside form some massage here and there, but we already know it, while for the interior there is a big question mark for most off it.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Even nutcracker need RBG light nowaday I suppose...

joke asaide I'll like too see some of the interiors: the esterior not only won't change that much, aside form some massage here and there, but we already know it, while for the interior there is a big question mark for most off it.

There's been quite a few images from whitebox that have been released. I'm really liking this, might be the first multicrew ship that I think has a genuine role in the 'verse.

Aunfox

Space Marshal
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Aunf0x
I do like the Erinyes from Freespace 2. However, it was not my favorite design. That belongs to the Hercules and Herc 2.

I'd love to wreck a Redeemer with a Connie. I want to see some fights with something that isn't a Hammerhead be a challenge. The Valkyrie is not doing it for me.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I do like the Erinyes from Freespace 2. However, it was not my favorite design. That belongs to the Hercules and Herc 2.

I'd love to wreck a Redeemer with a Connie. I want to see some fights with something that isn't a Hammerhead be a challenge. The Valkyrie is not doing it for me.
Thanks fo rreminding me! I'm gonna 3d print some of those cos I love em, my fav ships to fly from those games!

As for the Redeemer, let's see if it lives up to it's name and redeems itself as a proper gunship, not just an overhyped generic sci-fi bucket.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Who cares about engines, they are just for propulsion. If they work: fine, if they don't: bad. How they look like, 🤷‍♂️ The real question is: does the Redeemer put enough lead in the sky to perform good as a gunship.
Agreed, and I think a lot of folks are overlooking how the NutCracker engines are going to factor in for that gunship role. I believe they will splay out at near 180 degrees when transitioning into VTOL mode. My prediction is a great capability to steadily hover over your ground-based targets while maintaining an unnatural ability to roll-strafe (Tip to a side then strafe "upward") at screaming-fast speeds.

....or...you know...the fancy scissor engines will just be glowy and not really do much interesting aside from being hilariously easy to break off.

OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Ok call me crazy, but between this and the monthly report i think we will see one on the show-floor at Invictus, not intractable but still.
Well at last IAE players didn't react well at the lack of the Starlifter that was shown in the event's promo video... I doubt CIG will show one even as a static model, for sure the'll avoid to show it on video and not placing it in-game this time.

Forgot your password?