So..... Dad and I just bought a Polaris....

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
@AntiSqueaker I'm getting it anyways on Sunday. If you go Caterpillar I'll pew pew anything that gets close to it since like x4 big ships can hook up to a Cat.
Imagine you Cat with x4 Polaris attached to it hahahahahahaha!

LumpySkin

Vice Admiral
Sep 23, 2016
RSI Handle
LumpySkin
I bought a Polaris so Test Squadron can have the ship with LTI. That way we can crash it as many times as we want and always have a replacement. :)

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
I saw it and at first was I don't need it I have enough. Then the limited price number and after a ton of back and forth I caved in and bought between lot no. 3001-3400. It was a mini me with devils horns on my shoulder that whispered sweet stuff in my ear like a waitress in a strip club making you buy the premium bottle

I surmised this much

155 m.
-Able to refuel, fix, restock a single small ship or support ship.
-No PDS, just manned turrets with one unmanned below the bridge. I know the turrets can be slaved if needed but lack of any forward cannons like the connie means this is not going to be as agile but more a boom and zoom vs other capitals.
-This is a smaller capital type ship so light armor mil spec compared to an Idris still means it can probably take as much a beating as a carrack. Not to mention it has 3 Shields powered by a Capital class power plant which would be real good vs laser weapons but poor vs Idris sts ballistics.
- 7 Station + 6 Manned turrets = 13 crew to max potential. Crew requirements could probably be decreased by converting manned to unmanned turrets with the advantage of even higher DPS thus reducing crew required to 7.
- Max 24 crew supports troop carrier, drop ship capability paired with turrets would be troop support
- I'm assuming but due to repair capability probably has a repair station and S&R function would include a Med bay.
- Its going to be weak vs bombers and other torpedo carriers like a vanguard or retaliator. It can certainly punch within its weight class and be real trouble to a larger Idris if it gets close enough. With 28 torpedoes its going to bring down most 100 m or less class ships. PDS on 890J, Phoenix would be the best defense vs this. Wish the Carrack had a PDS.
- Automated missile launchers is probably to break shielding to maximize torpedo damage apart from targeting smaller fighters.

- Does the ship include capital class sensors like the Idris? If it does its better than a Carrack if not pairs well with a Terrapin
- Will the ship be in the upcoming SQ42? Someone in citizen con should find out

Last edited:
Reactions: Reptar Khan
Forgot your password?