So FPS first look good / bad what did you think

Jun 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Killbuni
Personnally think they could have shown us a little more, but still enough to get the juices running ;)

Just in case you have not seen it yet enjoy

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
no rocketjumps :(

Wakapedia

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Wakapedia
I wanted to see more upside down and rotating FPS players. Seemed like everything was still the right way up. Or was it because the video was in Australia. hmmm

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Why is there no good lighting in the future?

Is everything always dark?

As part of the SC universe, this is a great step towards the vision CR has had from the beginning.

If this was a standalone FPS, there is really nothing to fancy about it. It looks good and the zero-g was nice.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I wanted to see more upside down and rotating FPS players. Seemed like everything was still the right way up. Or was it because the video was in Australia. hmmm
Still early...
Cris already said that there will be more functions in the future.
So expect some more upside down and side ways trusting, pushing and/or walking (magnetic boots and jetpacks anyone?)

Reactions: WhooptyWoo
Jun 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Killbuni
Its a great step forward, as many have already said would have been nice to see the jet pack action or mag boots wall walking style fighting but hey we have lots to enjoy when the Alpha does come to us in the new year and many a youtube of the new features to be made ;)

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I love the look of it, and zero-G fighting will be a nice inclusion.

Like I said in another thread, that hip fire mechanic looked odd to me(who comes from the realm of PS2 and TF2).

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
The detail was great, but I found the movement to be stiff. I couldn't see the special hit boxes, like a guy limping after being shot in the leg, or not being able to use an arm. We didn't see healing, dragging people to safety etc etc. It was what it was - a demo to show that there is actually an FPS component. In that regard it was a success... though I stayed up to watch it at 3am my time and the stream was horrendous. It literally crapped out right at the first FPS part.

It has always been about ships in space for me anyway. They showed a great start; what I believe will be the outcome, is of course going to be awesome - it's CIG!

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
I liked the look of it. It seemed like a step up or two from Battlefield's level of realism. I do, though, have a few (small) issues:

While the reticle where the gun is aiming instead of a massive cone is great, I feel like it sits too low. I think it should float around the center.

I think the helmet itself is a little obtrusive. If you were actually wearing a high visibility helmet like that, the top of the visor would not appear to sit below your eyebrows... because it wouldn't.

As for the zero-g, I don't like the lack of navigational control. It seemed there was a lot of time to accelerate.

----------

Aside, I'd love to fly squads of shock troops or deliver supplies to a battlefield. Now that I think of it, the Redeemer is probably going to be able to be used as an all purpose dropship. The community's comparison to the Pelican is surprisingly accurate.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
It sits low because that's where the gun was pointed. They've talked about this; unlike most modern FPS games where the camera is in the guy's chest, in SC the camera is actually in the head, meaning the gun (and its reticle) sit lower than most are used to.

On the zero G, there was no nav controls because once you push off a surface, you need a reaction mass or a surface to push off to change your course. without a jetpack, once you commit to a direction, that's the direction you're going.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Yes, that lack of navigational control is a nice feature that other shooters don't have. I think it'll provide a bunch of fun situations and tactics.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
The only thing I really didn't like was the one guy using radio shorthand. You don't have to say "how copy, over" to a guy standing 5 feet from you.
or how about when one of them screams "CONTACTS 12 O CLOCK!!!!" in a narrow hallway when they are all looking forwards then starts firing wildly. :P

I laughed my ass off when he says "oh guys its a hologram"

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
That was a holo, but the guy standing to the right of the holo wasn't a holo. This guy is a confirmed tryhard.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Don't get me started on the "gameplay" tactics shown in the video. But overall I was excited to see the FPS as it adds something to do when I get tired of crashing my aurora trying to get out of the docking bay. So what it is automated.. I will crash it to get my moneys worth out of my insurance...

Besides.. drinking and gun fights. Perhaps the next best thing to drinking and bad..errr good decisions.

Forgot your password?