So FPS first look good / bad what did you think

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
We watched the youtube video of the FPS demo at work... bunch of Army guys just picking apart the video. "Where is his muzzle awareness???" was a frequent comment until they went zero-G and they all just asked: "what game is this?" Slowly converting more... that and the baron videos I may have a small dysfunctional drunk vet following when we get home.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
As a RL soldier, I was cringing quite badly at the tacticool radio chatter... it pained me...

other than that, loving the FPS module look, cant wait to get in there

Reactions: CitizenDad

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
As a RL soldier, I was cringing quite badly at the tacticool radio chatter... it pained me...

other than that, loving the FPS module look, cant wait to get in there
"YOU. YEAH, YOU. STOP SAYING SHIT, OR I WILL REACH THROUGH TIME AND THE INTERNET TO STRANGLE YOU WITH YOUR HEADSET CABLES." was a thing that was said in teamspeak while some friends and I were watching the video.

Neverded

Lieutenant
Sep 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Neverded
Yeah the radio stuff was a little too ARMA-esque. Overall though it looks like a good add on to the game as a whole. Don't think it could stand by itself though.

xecto

Space Marshal
Sep 26, 2014
RSI Handle
xecto
I'm just gonna say, it can be improved. Sure looks fancy though! :rolleyes:

Atriden

Captain
Aug 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Atriden
I must admit I expected more and most of the gameplay shown is way too dark.
I do however like the design, the weapons and zero g element.

Jun 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Killbuni
10 4 chairman this week promised more fps demos SOON (tm) so we shall see hopefully this time they will show i little more of the stealth action and melle /brawl system (bar fight) anyone ?

Reactions: Dalarast

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
10 4 chairman this week promised more fps demos SOON (tm) so we shall see hopefully this time they will show i little more of the stealth action and melle /brawl system (bar fight) anyone ?
I hope they tell us how in-game voice comms will work.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
You say that now, but I'll bet you 90% of the players are going to orient themselves with the 'floor' in zero g. Especially when they are in a structure. Fighting over an asteroid? asteroid is down. Fighting over a ship? ship orientation is down. (Gravity might help that one)

Even in a videogame, down is always going to be 'down.' and it is going to take practice for you to unconciously re-evaluate what the concept of 'falling' in space would be.

Though, furthering the comment over Enders Game, you can almost treat that book (the book covered it way more in-depth) as a primer to space EVA combat. That would be epic if you could like, use grappling hooks and stuff to leverage momentum and physics to move in zero-g.

Reactions: [EGTID]Killbuni-

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
You say that now, but I'll bet you 90% of the players are going to orient themselves with the 'floor' in zero g. Especially when they are in a structure. Fighting over an asteroid? asteroid is down. Fighting over a ship? ship orientation is down. (Gravity might help that one)

Even in a videogame, down is always going to be 'down.' and it is going to take practice for you to unconciously re-evaluate what the concept of 'falling' in space would be.

Though, furthering the comment over Enders Game, you can almost treat that book (the book covered it way more in-depth) as a primer to space EVA combat. That would be epic if you could like, use grappling hooks and stuff to leverage momentum and physics to move in zero-g.
I certainly hope there's grappling hooks and boost jets, otherwise it'd be a bit harder to adjust to the change.

Reactions: [EGTID]Killbuni-

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I already reorient my ship to the galactic plane indicated on my radar between waves in vanduul swarm; not that I have an issue with up/down, it just feel "right". I play a lot of evochron, so I'm used to my orientation getting sideways during maneuvering. It doesn't mean I don't "fix" my orientation once I no longer have more pressing concerns. I can see this behavior crossing over to the FPS module, especially since even though the floor could be "up" while maneuvering in combat, it's still the floor and people will refer to it as such. Couple that with the fact that even though zero G means we can walk on the ceiling, habitable spaces are not typically designed with ease of access in mind for those orientations and this means is that even though we can reorient any which way, the doors are always going to be down next to the floor, and people will orient themselves to match.

Forgot your password?