So how 'bout that Destiny 2?

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
I'm a Destiny virgin since it hasn't been on PC before (and I was out of town for the beta.)

Hooooooly shit this was a solid first night. No lag, only 1 random disconnect. The gunplay is tight, TTKill is satisfying, the guns are varied, the abilities seems pretty neat and semi-balanced. So what did the rest of you think?

Reactions: Blind Owl

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
D1 veteran on PS4.

It feels different on PC, but good in many ways. The menu definitely felt more built for the controller, especially the map scrolling... (I wish we could scroll with right click drag or simply click+drag) the multiple different menus are also hard to access with the PC keys. I think I'll get used to it eventually but so far, I always open the wrong one and have to have a few key presses more to get to where I want. We need more shortcuts to the specific menus.

The game itself felt amazing. The music is great, the atmosphere is awesome, and the gunplay is just as solid as I remember. I've read up on "tips for new players" so I know what to save for later and look out for, and what to pick first as exotics, etc.

The new skill system I've heard a lot of things about, especially Hunters (which I am) like to "not pick the last node" on Gunslinger and Nightstalker because they make the skills worse supposedly. There's less freedom than D1 in picking what passive you want, but now they come in a "package" that works together, and I guess it's easier for new players to know what works well.

Overall, I just have to get more used to the new maps, new systems, and new menus and keybinding and it feels and looks great so far.

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
D1 veteran on PS4.

The new skill system I've heard a lot of things about
That is honestly, the weirdest part of the game for me. I'm rolling Warlock and it just doesn't seem like a good setup overall. Maybe it will get better with more sub classes. I dunno, have to wait and see a bit more. At least I can swap things around relatively easily.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I was SOOOOO hyped for D2, but I'm not going to buy it anymore.
In the time it took them to release to PC, I was so hyped that I watched dozens and dozens of YouTube videos, enough to make me feel I've already played the game: I've seen the leveling, the PvP, the raid. Everything. Also, it was enough time for me to watch and read all the reviews put out by D1 veterans that criticized the game into the ground.
Had they released on consoles and PC at the same time, I would've been all over it. Now it feels like old news.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That is honestly, the weirdest part of the game for me. I'm rolling Warlock and it just doesn't seem like a good setup overall. Maybe it will get better with more sub classes. I dunno, have to wait and see a bit more. At least I can swap things around relatively easily.
Warlock is fucking amazing. Voidwalker subclass is the bomb. The void bomb. Ha.
I was SOOOOO hyped for D2, but I'm not going to buy it anymore.
In the time it took them to release to PC, I was so hyped that I watched dozens and dozens of YouTube videos, enough to make me feel I've already played the game: I've seen the leveling, the PvP, the raid. Everything. Also, it was enough time for me to watch and read all the reviews put out by D1 veterans that criticized the game into the ground.
Had they released on consoles and PC at the same time, I would've been all over it. Now it feels like old news.
Too bad you feel that way. I played the living shit out of the game on PS4, and I can tell you, you are missing out. It is fucking amazing on PC. And gorgeous. So gorgeous.

Reactions: supitza
Forgot your password?