Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks for digging up this thread
Digging up the mine thread. Haha. I get jokes
We're heading for rock bottom!
Stop making jokes, we're just digging ourselves a deeper hole.
It's all just mine over matter anyway, why shouldn't we joke about it?
dont undermine my aquarryty
you love mine jokes
Due to the explosive nature of these puns, all further correspondence must be past through the Munitions Inspection & Neutralization Establishment.

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
What? the Mine will be mine and as it's mine I will mine the Mine, to define whats mine. And the Mine shall remain mine untill there is nothing left to refine in the Mine. And even then the Mines in the Mine remain to remind you what once was my mine.

Am I doing this right?

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Due to the explosive nature of these puns, all further correspondence must be past through the Munitions Inspection & Neutralization Establishment.
Don't rock the boat here @Blind Owl :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Given the volume of space, mines and carpet bombing space have about the same general effectiveness.

You have to either know the exact route to be traveled well in advance or have a bazillion mines and are defending a point target.

Mines have to be silent, but also have to detect targets. That is generally impractical in space.

But since it is cool in Hollywood, we will probably see it.

Note that mines around a point target can be defeated with a c fractional bombardment.
This thread is fairly old my friend, we've already gone over the gist of the details so there's no real need to continue contemplating it.

Forgot your password?