So I want cutlass black

So what should I do?

• Total voters

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
Hey guys. I've been thinking lately about getting cutlass black and I have three options. Which one do you think is best?

1 - Upgrade my starter package from Avenger Titan to Cutlass Black (tbh I don't really like Avenger Titan)
2 - Buy another Nox with LTI and then upgrade it to Cutlass Black (Is LTI even worth it?)
3 - Buy package with Cutlass Black (this way I can get industral hangar as well, I like looks of it but again is it really worth it?)

And in additon to point 3 do we even know if hangars will be connected to PU or will they always stay separated?

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Any other ship you will need, we will have for you in our org hangar!
This is why I love TEST.

PS: LTI doesn't matter, but it does to us.
If you don't care for the Avenger, CCU it to the Cutlass Black so you save the most money.
If you want to keep your package separate so you can melt/unmelt your other pledges whenever you like, get an LTI token and CCU that to the Black.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I say NOX to Cutlass, always go for LTI if you can why...
Well I look at it this way, in the long run they say insurance is not gonna cost much okay fine, now say one ship insurance is money you could used to pay insurance for your cargo or upgrades instead or refuel rearm.... and so on..
And if you like me have well over 10 ships would mean LTI equal I save money I can use on other stuff than insurance... every penny count!

But if you don't plane to own a great deal many ships I say as Montoya upgrade existing pack will be the cheapest ;)

CHEERS! :beers:

Last edited:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Not sure if hangars will have any great value in game. Would not make a lot of sense if they somehow followed you around outer space on your adventures. I could see them becoming a place to visit and stow your various treasures, but you ought to be able to get hangars in game and there ought to be more variety later on.

Cheapest way to get Cutlass would be to upgrade your game package, but once you start buying boats, you may not want to be melting your game package when and if you change your mind. You say you just want one more ship now, but we all said that once upon a time...

I'd get the LTI Nox to Cutlass while it's available. LTI might not be that big a deal once game time comes, but you have a cheap way to get LTI now, just about as cheap as LTI ever gets even.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I say. . .always go for LTI if you can why...
Given we don't know what anything will cost, from fuel, to ammo, to insurance of ships and specific components, seems to me having insurance always leaves you money for things you cannot have permanently, like NPCs. IMHO, you want as few ships as possible, all with LTI, so all cash in game and out can be spent on other things.

. . .but we all know these opinions aren't worth much in light of the fact we have no idea what expendables will cost.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I have a feeling that LTI won't be incredibly necessary unless you have a huge-ass ship like an Idris or Jav. Keep in mind as well the LTI only applies to the hull itself. IF you upgrade the shit out of the weapons and components, you'll likely have to insure those separately.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Not sure if hangars will have any great value in game. Would not make a lot of sense if they somehow followed you around outer space on your adventures.
Pretty sure CR was clear on this some years ago, that they do not move, and provide safe parking for your ships and respawn points. If you want to store ships at multiple locations, you would need either multiple hangars or pay for hangar fees at an outpost of some sort, like Grim Hex.

Seems they are worth it if you want to respawn where your ships are, and not in a public facility.

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Hey guys. I've been thinking lately about getting cutlass black and I have three options. Which one do you think is best?

1 - Upgrade my starter package from Avenger Titan to Cutlass Black (tbh I don't really like Avenger Titan)
2 - Buy another Nox with LTI and then upgrade it to Cutlass Black (Is LTI even worth it?)
3 - Buy package with Cutlass Black (this way I can get industral hangar as well, I like looks of it but again is it really worth it?)

And in additon to point 3 do we even know if hangars will be connected to PU or will they always stay separated?
How about melting your starter package and getting a cutlass black package?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ok. I've decided to upgrade my starter package because it was cheaper and some of you advised so. Btw after upgrade I can use any hangar, is it some kind of bug? I'm 100% sure that I own only selfland.
Once you have the highest level hanger it gives you access to all of them. And weirdly, the Industrial was rated as a higher level than the super nice white hanger, whatever it's called.

PS- hangers used to be way cooler, when they expanded to hold multiple ships. The industrial was my favourite. Now it doesn't even fit my larger ships, much less multiple ships.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
It's nice to always have insurance but it will only provide a like for like ship and with no upgrades, so LTI sounds good and all and yes I did buy the nox because it is a cheap LTI that I might just use to CCU to something else but think about this.

You ride your ship good and well for months, keep up the repairs making credits and upgrading and improving or even just customising your ship with paint and components and then boom... You are back to square one with a standard ship and no paint job.

Is this worth the additional monetary cost right now for something you could have bought ingame even just one month's cover if you can't afford a full year? Probably not but it's simply a nice gesture, a bonus, one less expense ingame.

Wait... What if you sell your ship or play in a manner that simply doesn't warrant use of your ship? Is it still worth it? Probably not but hey.. maybe you can transfer the insurance or keep the ship in a hangar somewhere.

Really you gotta ask if LTI is worth it for you, if the cost is minimal go for it but if you don't want to squeeze the budget any further then it's not worth it.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't think I've followed you on this... How would I lose my game access if I still have one game package?
I don't know. I am not yet paying to play. I am just noting that a few days ago, someone was warned in another thread that if they melt their game package they would lose their ability to play, so obviously that sort of thing is possible. (Thanks CIG.) Now if you own two game packages, seems to me one would be better spent, but I do suggest this forum for the best advise. The peeps here are awsomenessly wonderfulacious.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I don't know. I am not yet paying to play. I am just noting that a few days ago, someone was warned in another thread that if they melt their game package they would lose their ability to play, so obviously that sort of thing is possible. (Thanks CIG.) Now if you own two game packages, seems to me one would be better spent, but I do suggest this forum for the best advise. The peeps here are awsomenessly wonderfulacious.
That discussion was about melting and unmelting one package. If you have one game package and melt it, you won't be able to play until you buy a new package or unmelt the melted package.
So yes, it is a good advise to inform good before you do something which maybe can't be undone afterwards :thumbsup:

Forgot your password?