So many are upset at the Carrack not release in 3.8

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I am content to get mine when I get it :like: Today I did a bit of upgrades to my Pisces and played UPS all over the system with boxes stacked two high at any given time. Its a very handy and tiny thing that I can land right next to the stairs for delivery and pickup....Looking forward to seeing the Carrack in my hanger but until then Im enjoying the tease:glorious:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I saw one of the -CIG user names on Spectrum say "Hope you liked it!"
And they wonder why the Devs don't interact much anymore.
I was at the Aegis event, don't ask me why, it was just like: 1st round: HOW MUCH???? euuuhm... I must talk to the missus first about this one. 2nd round: darn, I missed this one, my wallet will hate me for this. Then I talked to the missus and she was like: "OK, fun, now you have something fun for you, go for it....." OK.... that reaction was unsuspected. I got a ticket the 3rd round. More money then I would spend on a single ship, but OK, I'm in, yeay.
I went to the event, they would reveal a ship that I most probably wouldn't buy. I was supposed to chat to the developers... I play the game, I like it or dislike it, but still I keep playing the game for 3 years in a row now, almost 4. I don't have questions, I just play. I even saw CR, didn't got on a picture with him.

But hell, those guys did their best to give us a good time, they talk to us, they organize stuff for us.... OK, they make an schedule.. .stuff doesn't work out like intended, shit happens, some stuff will come later but the bottom point: it will come, sooner or later. Better to be later and it is good than sooner, and it is crappy. I don't put up expectations, but I'm always amazed about what they deliver

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I believe this is the final bump. Historically a ship at the most gets one bump prior to flight ready. If the Carrack and Orion get a bump at flight ready then it would mean they received 2 bumps prior to flight ready. But who knows...

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
IMO, the Carrack owners are some of the most positive people. I suspect that the Spectrum thread is like a lot of "those threads" where the unhappy Derek Smart acolytes and the trolls just jump on, where they can say "But CIG promised and now they are going back on their word," etc.

C'mon people, it technically only got delayed a month or two, and it will be in much better shape when it is actually released. Sheesh...

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I don't care that the Carrack is delayed, it's honestly not a big deal.

I do think it's morally dubious to know for weeks if not months that the Carrack will not be in 3.8 despite assurances that it would be, and then just announce it last second. If you don't set expectations accordingly people are bound to assume that you're still going off the last set of expectations.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I don't care that the Carrack is delayed, it's honestly not a big deal.

I do think it's morally dubious to know for weeks if not months that the Carrack will not be in 3.8 despite assurances that it would be, and then just announce it last second. If you don't set expectations accordingly people are bound to assume that you're still going off the last set of expectations.
If it is going to be released in Feb, isn't it technically going to be in 3.8? It just isn't being released with 3.8.0, but will be out in 3.8.1 or .2.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
If it is going to be released in Feb, isn't it technically going to be in 3.8? It just isn't being released with 3.8.0, but will be out in 3.8.1 or .2.
While I always appreciate some pedantry, that's not what the frothing masses are mad about.

If I say "this ship will be out in Patch 3.8" everyone's going to assume the main 3.8 patch and not one of the derivatives months down the road, which is a difference of ready in a few weeks as anticipated vs in a few months which came apparently out of left field to some people. The idea of Star Citizen being.....DELAYED?

Buuuuuuuuuuuut

1574652200318.png

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
People have been bitching since the beginning. Its one of the downsides of having "transparency" with development. This community contains some very vitriolic members. Mind you, its the interwebs writ large. Just look at Star Wars, or anything else. People bitch about anything that doesn't meet there exact expectations. It's kinda sad really.

I don't agree with this, its not all wrong or all right but look, they put out a road map, 3 ships were to be implemented (their word) in Q4 2019, now all of a sudden all 3 ships are going to be release Q1 2020 in separate months, Jan, Feb and March..... I find it funny that all 3 ships didn't make the deadline and all of a sudden come out in 3 separate months right after the anniversary sale, sounds like they want to rake in some extra $$ by spreading the ships out to me.

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
Ive spent far too much time evaluating the new design. I feel like I could love it again once it is textured properly and the finishing touches are applied. I also have a feeling they are going to change those engines. Im reserving judgement until I see a completed product.

Greengiant506

Admiral
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Greengiant506
I'm not too upset about the delay. Though I'm glad I got the carrack while the price was lower, I'm also pretty pleased with the pisces to hold me over as a new ship until Feb. I'd much rather the carrack be done properly and while monitoring the development on the site it was clear it wouldn't be done on time, shouldn't be any surprises, which is why they're transparent. Unfortunately people would rather be "surprised" so they have something to complain about when in reality they are the ones who purchased a jpeg and are complaining it doesn't fly...

Also, I enjoy the new design as I did the old. I prefer the new engines.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
My recollection is we were supposed to have the Carrack in Q2 2017 or something like that, so another 2-3 months is no big deal - not sure I really like the redesign, a little too smooth and not as industrial/military looking as before but I suppose it better fits the heavily armored lore aspect, the Pisces appears to be a good little ship and the Ursa will be great too.

Overall I suspect the Carrack will allow me to fully enjoy my B5/Expanse/Firefly/Star Trek/Star Wars fantasies for quite some time and it is now, finally, coming soonTM.

'Gimp
She's going to get textures yet, my friend. She won't look quite that smooth upon release. She's going to be a beauty of a home base, fulfilling all your (and mine) aforementioned fantasies.
I was at the Aegis event, don't ask me why, it was just like: 1st round: HOW MUCH???? euuuhm... I must talk to the missus first about this one. 2nd round: darn, I missed this one, my wallet will hate me for this. Then I talked to the missus and she was like: "OK, fun, now you have something fun for you, go for it....." OK.... that reaction was unsuspected. I got a ticket the 3rd round. More money then I would spend on a single ship, but OK, I'm in, yeay.
I went to the event, they would reveal a ship that I most probably wouldn't buy. I was supposed to chat to the developers... I play the game, I like it or dislike it, but still I keep playing the game for 3 years in a row now, almost 4. I don't have questions, I just play. I even saw CR, didn't got on a picture with him.

But hell, those guys did their best to give us a good time, they talk to us, they organize stuff for us.... OK, they make an schedule.. .stuff doesn't work out like intended, shit happens, some stuff will come later but the bottom point: it will come, sooner or later. Better to be later and it is good than sooner, and it is crappy. I don't put up expectations, but I'm always amazed about what they deliver
Concur my friend. I'm always very pleasantly surprised as well. I think that you've hit the nail on the head with not having expectations. It makes it so much easier to just enjoy he things that come along, when they come along. CIG is putting so much work into creating something so amazing...that is something I truly appreciate.
I don't agree with this, its not all wrong or all right but look, they put out a road map, 3 ships were to be implemented (their word) in Q4 2019, now all of a sudden all 3 ships are going to be release Q1 2020 in separate months, Jan, Feb and March..... I find it funny that all 3 ships didn't make the deadline and all of a sudden come out in 3 separate months right after the anniversary sale, sounds like they want to rake in some extra $$ by spreading the ships out to me.
Sure. They put it on the road map. The road map that's caveated to the nth degree. So they missed a deadline. *Shrug* Oh well.
I get that you think it's fishy, and to each their own. I choose to look at it like they want to make sure the job is done right.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
She's going to get textures yet, my friend. She won't look quite that smooth upon release. She's going to be a beauty of a home base, fulfilling all your (and mine) aforementioned fantasies.

Concur my friend. I'm always very pleasantly surprised as well. I think that you've hit the nail on the head with not having expectations. It makes it so much easier to just enjoy he things that come along, when they come along. CIG is putting so much work into creating something so amazing...that is something I truly appreciate.

Sure. They put it on the road map. The road map that's caveated to the nth degree. So they missed a deadline. *Shrug* Oh well.
I get that you think it's fishy, and to each their own. I choose to look at it like they want to make sure the job is done right.

You keep saying one deadline, no its all 3 ships were missed. That's my point.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You keep saying one deadline, no its all 3 ships were missed. That's my point.
Hahah, pedantic points it is. Ok, so they missed 3. My personal reaction is still the same. *Shrug* oh well.
I understand your angst, I just don't feel it myself.

Reactions: GPcustoms
Forgot your password?