Some crap photoshop for our consierge Testies

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Better than my shitty MS Paint job.
I think there is an understated beauty with MS Paint Jobs. I can't get MS paint on my computer (ubuntu - wrong operating system) and I have work damned hard sometimes to make it look like MS Paint.

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Incidentally it was made in GIMP 2.8 - What does 2.10 bring?
The Changes in short
We are not going to list the full changelog here, since you can get a better idea with our official GIMP 2.10 release notes. To get an even more detailed list of changes please see the NEWS file.

Still, to get you a quick taste of GIMP 2.10, here are some of the most notable changes:

• Image processing nearly fully ported to GEGL, allowing high bit depth processing, multi-threaded and hardware accelerated pixel processing, and more.
  • Color management is a core feature now, most widgets and preview areas are color-managed.
  • Many improved tools, and several new and exciting tools, such as the Warp transform, the Unified transform and the Handle transform tools.
  • On-canvas preview for all filters ported to GEGL.
  • Improved digital painting with canvas rotation and flipping, symmetry painting, MyPaint brush support…
  • Support for several new image formats added (OpenEXR, RGBE, WebP, HGT), as well as improved support for many existing formats (in particular more robust PSD importing).
  • Metadata viewing and editing for Exif, XMP, IPTC, and DICOM.
  • Basic HiDPI support: automatic or user-selected icon size.
  • New themes for GIMP (Light, Gray, Dark, and System) and new symbolic icons meant to somewhat dim the environment and shift the focus towards content (former theme and color icons are still available in Preferences).
  • And more, better, more, and even more awesome!

source: https://www.gimp.org/news/2018/04/27/gimp-2-10-0-released/

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If I was to use a GIMP for Dummies manual & still not understand anything of what I was doing on GIMP, then would that make me enough of a gimp to qualify as a mascot for the company? If so, where do I sign up? (I could be wrong, but if they did hire me, it would not surprise me if they would be paying me in GIMP created currency that came with the face of Alfred E. Neuman from MAD magazine on it.)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Assembling different pictures is an art form!

View attachment 9653
@StdDev , I see that you are an artist who aspires to the talents of Da Vinci given how you have provided proof that We are all OWL. United, we are a bomb of degenerates, divided, we are a death machine that fires nearly endless amounts of Auroras at those that dare keep us from the beer. I pity the UEE government if ever they dare to repeat the great mistake that was Prohibition from the American early 20th century. 17k+ of us secretly taking craps on the doorsteps of the gov't officials randomly is a mess they don't want to deal with.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The Changes in short
We are not going to list the full changelog here, since you can get a better idea with our official GIMP 2.10 release notes. To get an even more detailed list of changes please see the NEWS file.

Still, to get you a quick taste of GIMP 2.10, here are some of the most notable changes:

• Image processing nearly fully ported to GEGL, allowing high bit depth processing, multi-threaded and hardware accelerated pixel processing, and more.
  • Color management is a core feature now, most widgets and preview areas are color-managed.
  • Many improved tools, and several new and exciting tools, such as the Warp transform, the Unified transform and the Handle transform tools.
  • On-canvas preview for all filters ported to GEGL.
  • Improved digital painting with canvas rotation and flipping, symmetry painting, MyPaint brush support…
  • Support for several new image formats added (OpenEXR, RGBE, WebP, HGT), as well as improved support for many existing formats (in particular more robust PSD importing).
  • Metadata viewing and editing for Exif, XMP, IPTC, and DICOM.
  • Basic HiDPI support: automatic or user-selected icon size.
  • New themes for GIMP (Light, Gray, Dark, and System) and new symbolic icons meant to somewhat dim the environment and shift the focus towards content (former theme and color icons are still available in Preferences).
  • And more, better, more, and even more awesome!

source: https://www.gimp.org/news/2018/04/27/gimp-2-10-0-released/
Oooh, higher bit-depth... Might have to indulge, many thanks. :)

Forgot your password?