Some early backers can go F** themselves

Qhat do you think?

• The guy is a wacko. This asshole needs some serious help.

• He makes some good points. Hmm, I can see his point and I somewhat agree.

• Are you crazy? I am not reading all that. I get it, just another mega troll.

• I have my own beliefs and I really don't care. CS is going to be amazing, and I am willing to wait.

• Indifferent. Next plz.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Not sure if you have seen this on the main forums:
https://ia601506.us.archive.org/9/items/StarCitizenComplaint/StarCitizen_complaint.pdf

It is sort of a legal action complaint of one asshole named Bo Chen.
May his dick rot under the sun and crows eat his miserable brain.
(Sorry for swearing kids. BUT. If you are old enough to create a forum account, you are old enough to hear ppl swear.)

I have read all of it.
A lot of miss-representation, a lot of non-facts, basically he is saying what he believes out of his ass, omitting facts where it suits him etc. in order to paint a grim picture.

Fun read BTW.
By the end of it all, you just want to strangle the guy.

Reactions: Pr0totype dFA

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
He probably got an Idris on black market or as an early backer and thought he will be the only top dog in the universe early on.
Or he genuinely believes a game can be made in 2 years, which is insane in itself.

Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
1) This is actually really bad presentation quality, and it looks really poorly put together.
Based upon the facts that I have presented and the evidence shown, I believe CIG/RSI could be operating as an elaborate ponzi pyramid scheme regardless of intent and structured in such a precarious manner that if for whatever reason(s) ( url : http://is.gd/scamcitizen ) anything happened and they cannot deliver then the entire house of cards will come crumbling down in an exponential domino chain reaction style, leaving millions of victims in its wake and completely devastating the public trust in the future of crowdfunding.
BTW: there is no such thing as a "Ponzi pyramid scheme"

Ponzi schemes are based on fraudulent investment management services – basically investors contribute money to the "portfolio manager" who promises them a high return. New funds raised go to delivering high return to initial investors.

A pyramid scheme is structured so that the initial schemer must recruit other investors who will continue to recruit other investors and those investors will then continue to recruit additional investors and so on.

I actually fail to see how Star Citizen could fit either of these categories- at best he could complain about fraud. However, he fails utterly to exhibit the monetization of recruiting new members for personal benefit, and he fails to show any promise of investor return.

Source: Financial analyst who deals with SEC, FTC, & FINRA all the time

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Maybe he should have read everything before spending any money, I did, and I am happy waiting for the BDSSE. I just wish they would release a few more maps for us to fly on.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Maybe he should have read everything before spending any money, I did, and I am happy waiting for the BDSSE. I just wish they would release a few more maps for us to fly on.
Great now you put the idea of more maps in my head! Now I want them so bad lol. But yeah I agree I waited a long time before I spent a cent on this game because I was reading everything I could and checking all information available, and I am happy with the money I have thrown at this game.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
This seems like a troll. This guy can't be for real can he?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'm still wondering if the guy knows that at this stage any other game by a publisher still wouldn't be seen by the public in any form and that CIG has to be the worst ponzi scheme to date with all the progress reports they keep putting out and getting AC out to the public. Its like they are using the funds to make a game or something.

Reactions: Arrangingstars
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
This seems like a troll. This guy can't be for real can he?
There was a guy who want raging about how he was a idris owner and he just learned that you can earn a idris in game. He claimed he wasted 1k usd and how he wanted a refund. I sent him a message saying I would purchase it from him as much as they would refund. He wanted 4k for it. These guys will complain to complain thats it.

Reactions: Devil Doge

kokizidesu

Lieutenant
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
kokizi
this complaint got posted on r/starcitizen a few days ago. T'was old crazy man derek smart who first tweeted about it. There's a suspicion that he made that complaint himself.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
this complaint got posted on r/starcitizen a few days ago. T'was old crazy man derek smart who first tweeted about it. There's a suspicion that he made that complaint himself.
Jesus fucking christ, not this assclown again. His games suck and he just thinks he is gods gift to the gaming market, and is nothing more than a nihilistic windbag who gets a chub from suing people who call out his game on being sucky.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Yeah, a lot of people are saying that .PDF was actually written by Derek Smart, a mega-butthurt game dev that is vocalizing his frustration with not being the person that created the ambitious space sim we know as Star Citizen.

It's sad, really. From what I've skimmed, he apparently had some grand aspirations to create a game along the lines of SC many years ago, but he had neither the resources nor the talent to have his pipe dreams come to fruition. So he's now attempting a smear campaign and threatening frivolous lawsuits against CIG to justify his ego-driven complaints.

To be glib: Haters gonna hate.

Forgot your password?