Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast

Gliese 436 b (The planet of burning ice)
Gliese 436 b is a Neptune-sized exoplanet orbiting the red dwarf Gliese 436. The planet’s temperatures exceed 800 Kelvin (or 980° F), however the planets surfaces consist largely of ice due to strong gravitational forces and atmospheric pressures. Because of this the planet has been dubbed "The planet of burning ice".

J1407 b
This planet is much larger than Jupiter or Saturn, and its ring system is roughly 200 times larger than Saturn’s rings are today. If Saturn had a ring system of similar size, it would dominate the Earth’s sky and appear much larger than the full moon

55 Cancri e (The diamond p
Discovered in 2004, 55 Cancri e, at twice the Earth’s size and eight times its mass, is called “Super Earth”. Aside from graphite and other silicates, its main component is diamond. Its Earth value is $26.9 nonillion, 384 quintillion times Earth’s GDP of $74 trillion.

\
WASP-12b
WASP-12b is the hottest ever exoplanet discovered with an average temperature of 2250 degrees celsius. This is because it orbits just 2,115,000 miles from its host star – Earth orbits the sun at 44 times this distance. As a result, it takes just over a day to orbit the star, compared to a year for us.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Hope I'm not intruding on your post. Just looks like a nice place to show this unfinished work.
I did this about 8 years ago when I was learning how to do planetary art in PS. Just never finished it after finding it being used in an article somewhere about the possibilities of planets with no land mass, only oceans.

May need to click to see the full resolution.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Awe thanks :)
Nothing like that one really. I "had" about 200GB of stuff lost on a Maxtor HDD that now would serve better as a door stop or paper weight.
And since then I've been more into photography. Although I do miss getting lost in my own little world playing in PS.

Reactions: Ammorn and AstroSam

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
You haven't had a backup harddrive? Jeez!! :confused::eek:
I know... :(

The worst of it all was losing the PSD file to some work I did and had copyrighted. Some lunatic went bonkers and claimed the work was his and seriously contacted my ISP, My web hosting company, DeviantArt, My bosses at my JOB...

He KNEW that he couldn't legally claim and use the work as his own. But he also knew how the system worked. Companies, like my hosting company for instance, would rather remove my content (even if that meant shutting down my account/websites, and they did) until I prove that the content isn't his, proving his claim is false, rather than take a chance at getting sued themselves.

So, that was a HUGE headache. And by the time I sorted everything out I was so done with the whole issue that I didn't have the energy in the end to seek legal action against him. I did however, do my research on him and found that he truly IS a nutjob who has been doing this type of thing since the 70's. He actually attempted to claim copyrights to everything "KIZZ". And I mean everything. Down to their makeup and clothing style.
Gene Simmons actually had to spend time in a courtroom over this whackjob.

Anywho, a couple years later I freaked out when I found a copy of the PSD. Made a video of me opening the file, turning on and off the different layers. Proving that the image was in fact my work. I uploaded the video to my website and posted the link in all of his blogs that contained his rants and accusations about me, my company, the band I created the image for etc.

lol.. okay enough reliving that mess! I could seriously write a book about the whole ordeal that took place over a three year period but just writing this much of it gives me twitches, lol.

Forgot your password?