Space Whales comming to Star Citizen

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Ok that video just completely brought a whole new meaning to space whales hahaha now I hope CIG can get this right and do something bad ass like this. Han you should post this on the spectrum link and we should all upvote it so that cig can see how to do it right!
Feel free to post it an reap all the credit. I don't think I have logged into spectrum in a while now...

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
How do harpoons work in space? We would require reverse thrust equal to or greater than the mass of the whale plus the mass of the whale minus the gravitational pull of the nearest celestial body, as we don't have buoyancy or water resistance to aid our quest to reel in these monster catches.

It will require so much fuel and time just to immobilise one that it simply isn't worth the oil/derivatives they provide when we can artificially produce the same results from the amino nucleids generated within a gas giant and hydrolysed to provide the desired molecule, we can even frack/react or distil molecules from specific planets so really we have no requirement for space whales.

Oh sorry I thought we were serious. My bad.

Forgot your password?