SpacePenguin Love

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
So during the Holiday ATV/Shipshape we found out the SpacePenguin is getting some Super Size Me luvin, and best of all, I went back and checked and can report that Trejo's SpacePenguin in the SQ42 Demo IS the new Super-Size-Me UberPenguin, you can see the new full size aft cargo/CryoPod/EMP bay, the Mid-bay living quarters, and then the cockpit which either is (or might be) now 2-seats.

Screengrabs from the ATV/Shipshape and SQ42 Demo.

BeegPenguin-1.png

BeegPenguin-2.png

BeegPenguin-3.png

BeegPenguin-5.png

BeegPenguin-6.png

BeegPenguin-8.png

BeegPenguin-9.png

BeegPenguin-10.png

BeegPenguin-11.png

This upsize makes the SpacePenguin awful close to what the CamperStang was supposed to be, maybe a little better to take care of itself.

In any case, I for one am super excited having recently bought a SpacePenguin, and looking at how well defined it is in the SQ42 Demo am guessing we may not have to wait too long to enjoy the rework.

Makes you wonder what the Origin 300 series rework will be, don't it?

'Gimp

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm, so now my space penguin is a larger target? D:
Did they mention if they were going to upgrade the weapons as well?

Dylan Phoenix

Vice Admiral
Aug 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Dylan_Garrett
At first I was a bit concerned with the Avenger rework due to the sheer size increase in it's cross-section; combined with the fact of just how large of a role it will play in the plans of me and my group. However, after seeing the rework in more detail, I no longer doubt that CIG will find some way to balance it out so that it doesn't negatively effect the overall combat effectiveness of this amazing police ship. One thing is certain; removal of the previously irremovable T-21 Gatling is undoubtedly a step in the right direction. Make the Avenger great again, CIG!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone. o7

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Now according to CIG the Nox and Dragonfly could fit in the Reliant or Avenger , but it wouldn't be safe to fly that way as they couldn't be secured in there.

With this size increase does that change?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Okay... I don't feel quite so special after the Cutlass size increase, the Orion doubling in size, the Bengal having it's own gravitational pull, the Banu Merchantman doubling in size as well, now the pengui.. i mean Avenger gets to grow in size??

Sorry to sound so negative but this is just incredible, sorry to sound so dull but it's just a rouse to say Grats to all backers who love their Avengers, enjoy :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Talonsbane and Duhb

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I hope that we can all love all of the ships we have enjoyed so far with the enhancements they will receive as they are looked into while we go forward from here. Most ships have their own unique things to enjoy about them imo.

Reactions: Takeiteasy

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
At first I was a bit concerned with the Avenger rework due to the sheer size increase in it's cross-section; combined with the fact of just how large of a role it will play in the plans of me and my group. However, after seeing the rework in more detail, I no longer doubt that CIG will find some way to balance it out so that it doesn't negatively effect the overall combat effectiveness of this amazing police ship. One thing is certain; removal of the previously irremovable T-21 Gatling is undoubtedly a step in the right direction. Make the Avenger great again, CIG!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone. o7
Hey, if I can put three GT-220 on there, I'll be a happy camper.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
@Richard Bong, it looks like it in some but not all images, and not I think in the SQ42 demo images, but the cockpit is definitely big enough now - I kind of hope so - having to travel in someone's bed in order to be rescued by a Penguin is a little wierd, what of they have Space Cooties?

'Gimp

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
So what do you guys think is it a third larger or only a quarter?

Reactions: Talonsbane

Dylan Phoenix

Vice Admiral
Aug 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Dylan_Garrett
So what do you guys think is it a third larger or only a quarter?
To me it seems more like 0.50x larger than the original Avenger; which is the very reason why I was so concerned about the cross-section size increase to begin with. However, I have no doubt that CIG will find some way to balance out so that it doesn't too negatively effect it's performance in combat scenarios.

However, I'm still not a big fan of the Advocacy paint scheme that was shown in the SQ42 vertical slice; hopefully CIG will not botch up the Avenger R by applying that skin to it; it just looks so dull in comparison imo.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65292/thread/avenger-rework-from-sq42-potential-guideline-for-i

Just leave the shiny paint scheme on my police cruisers alone CIG!!! lol

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I'd rough it at about 20% larger in each dimension which is a substantial increase overall - it really shows that as CIG is working to make sensible or 'believable' systems they are revisiting the ship designs where originally they were mostly aesthetic designs they are now stuffing the systems into the vehicles and that is making them all grow - as an engineer I like this a lot.

I always felt that the ships were too small for their capability and am happy to see this, and now I can't wait to see what happens to the Mustang family, especially my CamperStang and BangStang and would think that Origin 3XX owners should be giddy with what is likely to happen to their babies.

'Gimp

Forgot your password?