Squadron 42 Curiosity

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I might be alone in wondering this about the stars & cast of Squadron 42, but does anybody else ever ask themselves if the members of the cast might have their own personal accounts for them to privately play Star Citizen along side the rest of us? From what I've heard through various sources, several of the cast enjoy gaming & are fans of previous Chris Roberts games. Feel free to think I'm nuts for imagining how cool it would be to run a mission with some random person you meet helping man 1 of your turrets with it secretly being Mark Hamill on an account of his own anonymously. Yes, I have a mental image of the scene from Star Wars: A New Hope where he manned the turret on the Millennium Falken. I know that I might be nuts, but at least I'm honey roasted.

I would love to know what each of you thinks about this possibility who deems it worth a reply with your input.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I think it is entirely possible that a "known" actor has a SC account and will end up interacting with us "lesser" folk.
.. but to tell the truth, it doesn't really mean that much to me. The only difference it *might* make is that these celebrity types could very well have the funding to own a formidable fleet and if they so desired could influence large areas of space!. But no one can control the universe (except his holiness CR). It comes down to "people are people" and therefor are really cool people and psychopathic asshats, and everything in between.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think it is entirely possible that a "known" actor has a SC account and will end up interacting with us "lesser" folk.
.. but to tell the truth, it doesn't really mean that much to me. The only difference it *might* make is that these celebrity types could very well have the funding to own a formidable fleet and if they so desired could influence large areas of space!. But no one can control the universe (except his holiness CR). It comes down to "people are people" and therefor are really cool people and psychopathic asshats, and everything in between.
I agree with you entirely. I guess what I was meaning was to think that it could be cool to hang out with & get to know those famous people for who they are as a fellow gamer without actually knowing that it is them. I hope this makes sense.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I understand completely.. but since in all likelihood you would never know who your fellow players were in real life... who's to say it hasn't all ready happened? :slight_smile:
A 'birdy' once told me that ALL of the actors in SQ42 had personal accounts and 1 package with SC & SQ42 access.
This 'birdy' also mentioned that a couple of the more known (or famous) actors have already played some Arena Commander Vanduul Swarm (perhaps even the PU).

As you have mentioned, we will never know who controls what character unless they want us to know and that isn't going to happen.
Then again, who can believe anything a 'birdy' tells you? Except maybe Blind Owl. :laughing:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I would be very surprised if there were not many celebrities of various sorts that take up abodes in SC. Hollywood has been full of gamers for a long time, and even US Ambassadors around the world have been famous for playing Eve Online. It is always a possibility that any player you connect with is a celebrity or not, and there is no way to tell unless they tell you, and you should not expect them to.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
If the actors, especially the big names, identify them selves in game play, It is my opinion that they wont have a moments peace to play the game. Everyone would want to join their crew or engage them. I think that most of the time they would stay anonymous. That's just my opinion mind you.

But also what about citizens pretending to be the actors in the game??
I just might start a new account as "TheRealGaryOldman".

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It's not about who you are out of the game, it's about who you are in the game. (I can say this because I'm a nobody.)

If someone who has made a name for themselves in reality makes a name of themselves for their exploits in the PU, well they are just that good.

If some person comes home from a hard day manning the phones in a call center and through rigorous exploration and following of clues discovers the games first player-flyable Bengal and their name goes down in the games history? Well, they've earned it.

...but yeah i'd be super stoked just to fly in the same instance of Montoya and Blind Owl, so...

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
I have 4 friends that I have had from the age of 15. I am 47 now. I love them like brothers, they are my family. One of them is the one that told me to take a look at Star Citizen, I`m glad he did.
Doing things together in real life, or in game, make a bond. I hope to make new friends, and maybe even some new brothers in arms.

Forgot your password?