Squadron 42 Newsletter email annoucnement!!

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
it is 'Over' or 'Out, but never 'Over and Out'! saying them together makes you sound like an idiot. Esp, when using the conceit of being military or coming from military, or OMG I'm fucking triggered. dammit!

don't care if I'm triggered, it's just not done! Fuckers!

okay, I'm done now. Fuck!

Whi7key

Vice Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Whi7key1
Am I being retarded and missing something from that email, surely it’s only going to be a trailer to get people to invest over Christmas, saw nothing in that email that indicated a demo or an alpha version of it to play

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
it is 'Over' or 'Out, but never 'Over and Out'! saying them together makes you sound like an idiot. Esp, when using the conceit of being military or coming from military, or OMG I'm fucking triggered. dammit!

don't care if I'm triggered, it's just not done! Fuckers!

okay, I'm done now. Fuck!
I think we have found our test grunt gentlemen. Now to equip him with a Berserker Plasma Rifle before unleashing on the course.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
I think we have found our test grunt gentlemen. Now to equip him with a Berserker Plasma Rifle before unleashing on the course.
Grunt? nah, Marine Corp Assault Amphibian. I drove the grunts from the ship to the beach, and then assuming I didn't catch an anti-tank round, play taxi for those grunts. and at no time during my time in the corps was "over and out" used on comms.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Out is to end the transmission , you Say over if your awaiting a response, I don’t why that annoyed me as much as it did lol
Grunt? nah, Marine Corp Assault Amphibian. I drove the grunts from the ship to the beach, and then assuming I didn't catch an anti-tank round, play taxi for those grunts. and at no time during my time in the corps was "over and out" used on comms.
Exactly. You say "Over" so the other person knows you have completed your statement/transmission, so they can now respond.

I always dream about how much more efficient teleconferences would be if people would say their bit and then say "Over," then we wouldn't have people constantly butting in or talking over somebody while they were still trying to complete a statement (although nobody on a teleconference is as efficient as we had to be on comms).

And if people would just say "Out" when they are done, we could save about 5 minutes of awkwardness trying to end a teleconference, but I digress...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Not Grunt, Jarhead. Grunts are Army. :P And it isn't used in the Army either.

Forgot your password?