Stalker or Hawk

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
For me, the biggest question to ask to help determine which to get is how effective are distortion weapons at dropping shields & then at disabling ship systems.
That is, definitely, an important question. For the moment, I am more concerned with accepting surrender than forcing surrender. :)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For me, the biggest question to ask to help determine which to get is how effective are distortion weapons at dropping shields & then at disabling ship systems.
This certainly depends upon how agile your target is. If you want a baseline to compare against, the S5 Absolution Distortion Scattergun that fits the Vanguard chin mount, does 15k dps distortion damage. A typical medium class ship with two shields has about 50k shield points combined. So a Vanguard attacking a Connie, would scarcely miss and kill the shields in about 3 seconds. Now compare this against a Cutty. The Cutty has half the shields, but is agile enough that you would miss it with most of your scatter, on most or all of your shots.

Distortion damage and boarding are primarily designed to attack large and cap class ships. Those are targets you can scarcely miss. If you're attacking small and medium class ships, an EMP or spike missile would be a better choice.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
This certainly depends upon how agile your target is. If you want a baseline to compare against, the S5 Absolution Distortion Scattergun that fits the Vanguard chin mount, does 15k dps distortion damage. A typical medium class ship with two shields has about 50k shield points combined. So a Vanguard attacking a Connie, would scarcely miss and kill the shields in about 3 seconds. Now compare this against a Cutty. The Cutty has half the shields, but is agile enough that you would miss it with most of your scatter, on most or all of your shots.

Distortion damage and boarding are primarily designed to attack large and cap class ships. Those are targets you can scarcely miss. If you're attacking small and medium class ships, an EMP or spike missile would be a better choice.
The Cutlass hasn't been more agile than a Vanguard in a long time. Your claim works with an Arrow, but not a Cutlass.
Right now Distortion weapons don't work as intended. In your calculations, don't forget that an Avenger has a Size 4 and 2 size 3 mounts. While a Size 4 weapon does roughly 75% of a Size 5 weapon, 2 size 3 weapons do about the same damage as a size 5.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd also be interested in finding out what effect ship size distortion weapons have on ground infantry. Other than breaking their energy guns and ruining their mobiglas, would they get KO'd or just have all their stuff that wasn't purely mechanical/chemical break?

I'm not a fighter by any means but can't resist shutting down some butt-nuggets ruck if they thinks they going to disterb my little slice of utopia.

I'd think being hit full on by an S3 distortion repeater is going to, at the very least, make their hair stand on end and cause metal objects stick to them for the next twenty minutes.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Cutlass hasn't been more agile than a Vanguard in a long time.
I think you missed my point. The Cutty is agile enough to make a Vanguard pilot miss a shot or part of a shot. The Connie is not. It's pretty much guarenteed the Absolution scattergun would hit with all pellets on every shot against a target as large and sluggish as the Connie shields, so the shields would go down in about 3 seconds. A Cutty might last twice as long with half the shielding, but it would certainly fail before the enduring strength of the mighty Vanguard. Every ship does.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think you missed my point. The Cutty is agile enough to make a Vanguard pilot miss a shot or part of a shot. The Connie is not. It's pretty much guarenteed the Absolution scattergun would hit with all pellets on every shot against a target as large and sluggish as the Connie shields, so the shields would go down in about 3 seconds. A Cutty might last twice as long with half the shielding, but it would certainly fail before the enduring strength of the mighty Vanguard. Every ship does.
Hail, Vanguard!

Hail Vanguard.jpg

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I just realized something. The Hawk is unlikely to be available before 3.11 goes live.

Stalker it is. :)

?? The Hawk is already flying and avail if you have it since SC 3.4 🤣 what version SC have you been playing lately.... :drunk:🍻🍻

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I can't buy it. I can't open up the store, go to the store page and buy it, or upgrade to it.
Well avail in store and avail to use it not the same right... but ..

I have this and I bet if you ask there are other in TEST that might have to..
My buyback have Europe VAT taxes added so if you find some one in US it would be cheaper.

Arrow-Hawk.png

NOX-Hawk.png

I also have stand alone 72Month insurance Hawk

Hawk72.png

And I have this Scoundrel Pack that include Hawk and a bunch other all LTI.

Scoundrel pack.png

All you need to do is ask our fellow TESTies I bet there are other that have Hawk alternative available in buyback.

CHEERS! 🍻

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Well avail in store and avail to use it not the same right... but ..

I have this and I bet if you ask there are other in TEST that might have to..
My buyback have Europe VAT taxes added so if you find some one in US it would be cheaper.

View attachment 18227
View attachment 18228

I also have stand alone 72Month insurance Hawk

View attachment 18229

And I have this Scoundrel Pack that include Hawk and a bunch other all LTI.

View attachment 18231

All you need to do is ask our fellow TESTies I bet there are other that have Hawk alternative available in buyback.

CHEERS! 🍻
I could also ask Concierge Support, which is how I got my Retaliator to Eclipse CCU. But since it is a temporary fix, for something I don't want long term it isn't something I feel I should waste goodwill with either Concierge Support or here or, more importantly, deprive someone here that actually wants one. :)

Thanks for the offer though. :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I could also ask Concierge Support, which is how I got my Retaliator to Eclipse CCU. But since it is a temporary fix, for something I don't want long term it isn't something I feel I should waste goodwill with either Concierge Support or here or, more importantly, deprive someone here that actually wants one. :)

Thanks for the offer though. :)
Yeah gotya, and you're welcome o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Instead of the distortion scatter guns, I was thinking more along the lines of putting 4x distortion lasers on a MIS & working with a Stalker or Blue to take a decent sized ship & its criminal crew. The distortions hitting at range to drop the shields & systems, then either they surrender or 1 of my many missiles makes a batch of space BBQ.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Instead of the distortion scatter guns, I was thinking more along the lines of putting 4x distortion lasers on a MIS & working with a Stalker or Blue to take a decent sized ship & its criminal crew. The distortions hitting at range to drop the shields & systems, then either they surrender or 1 of my many missiles makes a batch of space BBQ.
I'll be your MISlberry

Forgot your password?