Star Atlas continues to try copy Star Citizen with a hangar module

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
interesting video it's to bad there is nothing more than a statue not even a cockpit working doors etc. at least star citizen when we were in hangers phase we could actually open doors and what not

Reactions: Vavrik

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Their ship interiors are not going to be anywhere near Star Citizen quality. The concept artists they hired all did the externals.

Internal lighting, textures and functionality are a whole different story.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Their ship interiors are not going to be anywhere near Star Citizen quality. The concept artists they hired all did the externals.

Internal lighting, textures and functionality are a whole different story.
how long has it been in the works?

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Looks somewhat like Revel&York style of hangars in Star Citizen.

Is this why Star Citizen has temporarily lost hangars from the delivery pipeline, as the contractor designers and devs involved with hangars have moved to Star Atlas?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I read some of their "white paper" and, I'm not even sure that Star Atlas is a game like we think of games. I think it's just a way to trade 3d "art" that you can augment by playing a kind of electronic D&D thingy. The hanger module is what they produced so you could look at your ship, maybe. I mean everything seems to be full of caveats. Also the monetary value of whatever they're doing seems to be dropping. Ok so if you're totally confused look at this because he seems to struggle with the concept too as he explains it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x8k6i2z0TE

The whole thing is just weird to me.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
It's easy for me to respect Chris Roberts for his work on SC. He's pursuing a passion to create the best game he can imagine. It's hard to respect Star Atlas. They're creating a clone because they think Roberts had a great idea, and with it they can maybe make money.

SC is the best of capitalism and SA is the worst, IMHO.

Forgot your password?