Star Citizen Fatigue, featuring Richard Bong :D

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Doesn't matter, since those aren't end goals and add only serve to the end state but don't wholly define it.

They're simply development processes (behind the scenes) that build towards the goal. Whether they're only 500 people in a shard or 50,000 is a moot point. Since PES allows for the tech to take something from a simulated state to a replicative state and back as needed. It's like taking the minimal amount of people needed to actually be in a stadium to play a football game. You need the players, coaches, referees and medical staff on site. Everything else can be brought in and used remotely for the people in the stadium. Camera operators and commentators being some of the easiest examples of what's important to televise the game but don't have to be on site to do it.

It doesn't matter HOW it's done, the end result is that the game is shown for those who want to see it.
Those are end goals for server meshing, so it does matter and defines when server meshing is "done."

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
Those are end goals for server meshing, so it does matter and defines when server meshing is "done."
Yes, I'm sure that there must be other minor tech not needed to be discussed with the players that must be in place before SM can be implemented, yet SM is STILL not the end goal of SC, just a major technical portion of it, as it stands if it's not achievable smaller server groups working in sync still make this game playable, the media will have a field day with it if it can't be.

Much like when CR decided to leave the gaming industry because what he wanted to do couldn't be done due to the lack of tech needed to build this game. Arguably SM may still be in that realm and cause SC not to become everything CR wants it to be, but not for lack of trying.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yes, I'm sure that there must be other minor tech not needed to be discussed with the players that must be in place before SM can be implemented, yet SM is STILL not the end goal of SC, just a major technical portion of it, as it stands if it's not achievable smaller server groups working in sync still make this game playable, the media will have a field day with it if it can't be.

Much like when CR decided to leave the gaming industry because what he wanted to do couldn't be done due to the lack of tech needed to build this game. Arguably SM may still be in that realm and cause SC not to become everything CR wants it to be, but not for lack of trying.
The foundational stuff isn't done, 11 years in. Without the foundation done you can't build a game.
Like building a house on a foundation of shifting sand.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
The foundational stuff isn't done, 11 years in. Without the foundation done you can't build a game.
Like building a house on a foundation of shifting sand.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82CqjaDKmA
If you think this game is a joke I'm sure you can build a castle in a swamp in Minecraft... Go try building one, you know, as a joke.

What you so succinctly fail to realize is where you're at. In a Org website built around SQ42 and Star Citizen, a game we all seem to want to play and can't wait to come out on. There are still people who play Cyberpunk 2077 and CDR took as long to build it with closed development and NO word about what was going on in it, in turn releasing one of the most broken games from day one, and people still play it despite it being in that state.

Is that not a clue to you that you're pissing in the wind here just to spite your own shoes?

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82CqjaDKmA
If you think this game is a joke I'm sure you can build a castle in a swamp in Minecraft... Go try building one, you know, as a joke.

What you so succinctly fail to realize is where you're at. In a Org website built around SQ42 and Star Citizen, a game we all seem to want to play and can't wait to come out on. There are still people who play Cyberpunk 2077 and CDR took as long to build it with closed development and NO word about what was going on in it, in turn releasing one of the most broken games from day one, and people still play it despite it being in that state.

Is that not a clue to you that you're pissing in the wind here just to spite your own shoes?
You can't wait, but you are obviously waiting. I get it, that reality isn't your thing. That's OK.
Your whataboutisms, don't make what CIG is doing right.
If this was your forum, I would have been long gone. The person whose forum this is has demonstrated he wants me to stick around.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
Hey that's great to hear, it's Montoya's site and I'm enjoying coming here too, it just seems a bit pointless (at least to me) to argue a point you have no control over other than to walk away from, if you didn't like the way the game was going you should have not bought into it in the first place.

Does it make what CIG is doing right, yes and no. I'm not a game developer, but I understand it doesn't come easy. I also know I don't work for CIG and can't speak to the state of the game even more so which frustrates me because it's taken SOOO long. However what I do see is progress, and progress makes me happy to be a part of, not only in my own life, but in my hobbies as well. If armchair development gets you thru the day then by all means do it, but show your org mates a bit of respect and don't make a click bait a thread called "I give up" and then spend 7 pages defending your stance on why you think CIG isn't doing a good job; only to take it a bit further and create another one hoping to make your point yet again.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?