Star Citizen is about to cross the 140 Million $ line

Until end of 2016, Star Citizen will bring in ...

• ... between $115 and $120 million in funding

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • ... between $121 and $125 million in funding

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • ... between $126 and $130 million in funding

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • ...definitely up to $150 million of funding!

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • ... ... ...is there any other number? I'll take that (for a beer)!

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The SECOND that elite opened up to consoles to make an extra buck, the dream of their endgame died right then and there. Now they keep hemorrhaging PC players (their original playerbase mind you) while still trying to nickel and dime you for every horribly underdeveloped "Feature" they introduce. End result: Nothing is polished, everything is dumbed down, features are lazy and horribly implemented. A console port will KILL star citizen and that's why I'm glad that Chris Roberts would rather be ravaged by 24 club-dicked baboons than make a console port.

"I would rather be ravaged by 24 club-dicked baboons than make a console port for Star Citizen"
-Chris Roberts
Thats one reason I - currently - won't buy NMS: I'm not really convinced of the graphics and console gameplay. Plus: after 10 hours at the latest NMS seems to become boring - as far as I read the latest test articles. Not only because of missing gameplay mechanics or even a story, but also because of the procedural mechanics of life forms and planets. Thus, very early within the game you will have seen everything seemingly "new". And whats next? Will there be new content? When will it be released? What will it cost?

I think, as soon as SC alpha 2.7 is released, we then will already become more content presented than NMS will ever contain (even think of the game package size: 2 GB NMS vs. 30GB SC!). Plus better graphics plus story plus a VERY broad PC-gamer-fanbase. Ergo: I am almost fully sure that CGI will not put SC up to consoles; at least as long as this games doesn't run proberly on high end PC rigs.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Wow, the presentation of alpha 3.0 at GamesCom 2016 was a real success, obviously:

120th million is about to be hit VERY SOON(TM) ;)

Reactions: Blind Owl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Do you remember this thread, which I opened in May of this year (as a sidenote: I changed the number in the thread title)? Well, it seems that more than 60% of us even in their wildest dreams couldn't imagine that there are so many dumbshits, erm, trustful and wise people - but with way too much money on their banking accounts - who would burn THAT much money, throwing it towards CIG. Well, folks, we just crossed the 138 Mio. Dollar mark - will it be possible that the 140 Mio Dollar mark will fall until end of this year...?

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Do you remember this thread, which I opened in May of this year (as a sidenote: I changed the number in the thread title)? Well, it seems that more than 60% of us even in their wildest dreams couldn't imagine that there are so many dumbshits, erm, trustful and wise people - but with way too much money on their banking accounts - who would burn THAT much money, throwing it towards CIG. Well, folks, we just crossed the 138 Mio. Dollar mark - will it be possible that the 140 Mio Dollar mark will fall until end of this year...?
just wait for the last second christmas gift buyers...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
God. I still want to melt my Mega-explorers pack, rebuy it, and rebuild from thew ground up. I keep getting new ideas. They're horrible! Haha
That sounds like a great idea. You must learn to let go of earthly possessions, like a true shaolin master.
So send me all your ships and I'll take care of your addiction problem for you.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That sounds like a great idea. You must learn to let go of earthly possessions, like a true shaolin master.
So send me all your ships and I'll take care of your addiction problem for you.
Haha, just occurred to me...no buy backs without an LTI token. Won't have that until January. Also, I won't melt, because I upgraded with my 10% off coupon, so that would be a waste of all those savings. Ugh. Ships are hard. Haha

I should just give then all away.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Also, I won't melt, because I upgraded with my 10% off coupon, so that would be a waste of all those savings.
That's why I'm forever stuck with my Starfarer. Bought it for $195, now it's worth $300. If I melt it, I'm throwing $105 out the window.
The only option would be to sell it to someone for a bit less than $300 but a bit more than $195. Or just keep it.

"Ships are hard."
- Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
There are much worse ships to be stuck with than a starfarer! :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That's why I'm forever stuck with my Starfarer. Bought it for $195, now it's worth $300. If I melt it, I'm throwing $105 out the window.
The only option would be to sell it to someone for a bit less than $300 but a bit more than $195. Or just keep it.

"Ships are hard."
- Blind Owl
They ARE hard. I'll probably just keep my current fleet and be happy with 6 ships instead of 4 or 5. Sigh. Hahaha

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
They ARE hard. I'll probably just keep my current fleet and be happy with 6 ships instead of 4 or 5. Sigh. Hahaha
Or melt your pack, buy back what you need, and gift what's left to your brother or your wife.
Or hell, just keep everything. They just might come in handy someday. :)

Forgot your password?