Star Citizen Kickstarter Dream

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Does the kickstarter dream match what we have now in alpha 3.18? No, not even close, but the game is still in active development & is gradually becoming increasingly flushed out as they manage to get past various hurdles. This being said, when Star Citizen finally does go live, what we'll have will make the initial kickstarter concept thankful to have had a staff & group of backers that have been dedicated to this project that will make what was initially pitched seem simple.

PlayWithMeOrDie

Commander
Apr 7, 2023
RSI Handle
Iegatus
Does the kickstarter dream match what we have now in alpha 3.18? No, not even close, but the game is still in active development & is gradually becoming increasingly flushed out as they manage to get past various hurdles. This being said, when Star Citizen finally does go live, what we'll have will make the initial kickstarter concept thankful to have had a staff & group of backers that have been dedicated to this project that will make what was initially pitched seem simple.
We’ll have to see how things progress…

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Personally to me, no it does not match that original vision: It far surpasses it even now in it's Alpha state.

Fully explorable scale star systems you can freely move around consisting of million and millions of square miles. Fully explorable moon and planet surfaces you can literally crawl every inch of. Arcade style simulator game modes which although being the first parts of the game which came in have been adopted and incorporated into the 'Verse as games-within-the-game where players will hopefully be able to vent their more... anti-social tendencies. Vechicle interiors you can interact with thile the vehicle is in motion and move between while the vehicles are in motion. No loading screens.

Even now years after what is possible was shown to be achievable by SC it still stands unique in its field.

Squadron 42 when it arrives will be closer to that original Kickstarter vision being an offline single player game, but even then, all of the advances we have seen in the PU will be available to it... what will they make of them? We will find out when they finish it and let us play it😅

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well, I mostly do screenshots and some random stupid stuff with friends lol. So yea, I’m quite happy :P
View attachment 24297
Through much of my time since 3.0 went live, I've often been inspired to see just how creative I could be at parking my ships around the areas I could access. I'm looking forward to when we have access to Levski again. That TESTified vehicle valet NPC in Hangar 2 & I still have a playful rivalry of who can most creatively park ships.

Reactions: PlayWithMeOrDie

PlayWithMeOrDie

Commander
Apr 7, 2023
RSI Handle
Iegatus
Personally to me, no it does not match that original vision: It far surpasses it even now in it's Alpha state.

Fully explorable scale star systems you can freely move around consisting of million and millions of square miles. Fully explorable moon and planet surfaces you can literally crawl every inch of. Arcade style simulator game modes which although being the first parts of the game which came in have been adopted and incorporated into the 'Verse as games-within-the-game where players will hopefully be able to vent their more... anti-social tendencies. Vechicle interiors you can interact with thile the vehicle is in motion and move between while the vehicles are in motion. No loading screens.

Even now years after what is possible was shown to be achievable by SC it still stands unique in its field.

Squadron 42 when it arrives will be closer to that original Kickstarter vision being an offline single player game, but even then, all of the advances we have seen in the PU will be available to it... what will they make of them? We will find out when they finish it and let us play it😅
Like what Chris once said…
1772DEF2-E972-45D1-8F07-E3F795DA237C.jpeg

And here’s the link for it…

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
do you think that the alpha we have now matches the idea sold on Star Citizen’s first Kickstarter page?
Star Citizen is:
  • A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person. -> Yes
  • Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play) -> Sorta (You certainly get solo and co-op and PVP options, but no single-player offline option, but basically ALL solo games are require you to be online these days. . .)
  • Persistent Universe (hosted by US) -> Basically, yes.
  • Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU) -> No
  • No Subscriptions -> Yes* (though you CAN subscribe, but you don't NEED to).
  • No Pay to Win -> Sorta
So, call it ~80%

Forgot your password?