Star Citizen patch 3.17 introducing loot rarity

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I'm a little concerned about the "epic" and "legendary" weapons you speak of. If speaking broadly this is interpreted as weapons that go well beyond the stats of the normal weapon in comparison (Borderlands) those things should not be in this game.

Now if there are weapons that have additional things that can be replaced on the weapon. Much like being able to change a barrel out if the weapon or it has a flared magazine well which will shave a half a second off of your reload time I'm all for it. But if you're talking about a shotgun that is attached to a flamethrower, please CIG not no but hell no!!!

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Great video and happy to sell off some of that collection that grows out of random boxes and bunkers:like:
The evolution of the game never gets old. Buggy from time to time but never old:o7:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm hoping that CIG will also install a means for players to recognize what loot is what rarity, ie a name color coding system or an indicator of percentage that item appears. Such as: (Item appearance ~ 0.01%) would be far more rare than (Item appearance ~ 10%). Which would give players a better understanding of how rare the item is as well as if they should save it to figure out what to do with it later or ignore it like trash that would just take up valuable inventory space. Personally, I'm hoping that CIG will do a bit of all of this to really emphasize the rarity of certain things. Then perhaps CIG will also bring in a sort of interstellar Auction House for players to sell things to each other with a bidding system as is in many if not most MMORPGs. Although, in the case of SC, instead of instantly getting what you win / purchase through the AH, you'll have to wait for the item to be transported to you or for you to go get it yourself from that AH's location that it was put up for sale at.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Should make the game more fun and interesting 3.17 looks to be a decent patch!

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
For me the beauty of Star Citizen was no perk and skill trees, no item rarity, and being a bit more close to IRL. Hope this is only cosmetic, e.g. you find a gold plated "executive edition" gun once in a while, and it doesn't have a x10 damage multiplier.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
For me the beauty of Star Citizen was no perk and skill trees, no item rarity, and being a bit more close to IRL. Hope this is only cosmetic, e.g. you find a gold plated "executive edition" gun once in a while, and it doesn't have a x10 damage multiplier.
It wouldn't surprise me if it isn't rarity via cosmetics at this point based on how they've described it with the exceptions of rare items hidden as Easter Eggs like the Pico balls that are just items to have but don't actually give any sort of actual advantages.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
#StarCitizen Leaks
Weapons sold in each location in build 3.17b

A18 Cubby Blast: LH86, R97, C54, Devastator, Custodian, P4, BR-2
A18 Centermass: S71, C54, LH86, Arclight, Lumin V, P8-SC, BR-2, P4, S38
ARC L1: P4, P8-SC, Devastator, Custodian
PO: S38, P4, BR-2, P8-SC, Arclight, Lumin V, Devastator, Custodian
Orison: LH86, R97
CRU L1: BR-2, P8-SC, Arclight, Gallant, Coda
GH: S38, BR-2, LH86, S71, R97, C54, Lumin V, Coda, Devastator, Custodian
CRU L5: Arclight, Gallant, Karna, Custodian
HUR L1: BR-2, P8-SC, Arclight, Gallant, Ravager, Devastator, Custodian
HUR L2: P4, Arclight, Gallant, Karna, Devastator
HUR L4: P4, P8-SC, Arclight, Gallant, Ravager
HUR L5: P4, Gallant, Custodian
NB: S38, P4, BR-2, P8-SC, LH86, S71, C54, Arclight, Lumin V
MIC L1: P4, BR-2, P8-SC, Arclight, Gallant, Devastator, Custodian
Sights available at stores are limited to 1x & 2x.

Given they stopped selling 3X and 4X scopes, it appears they are cutting back availability of stuff in game more than adding new stuff for players. If you want a 3 or 4X scope, you'll need to find it somewhere other than a store.

Forgot your password?