Star Citizen Path 3.13 incoming! Aurora referral reward!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Huu nice... I men the 3.13 drop finally I'll see my ship name! Hope CIG fix the bugs becouse accoording to the last patch note thre are still some nasty ones.

I wonder If player that already have more then 1 RP will get the aurora or they'll need to recruit someone else... probabily the second...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Damnit I lost all the upgraded ship weapons i had on all my ships this patch :(

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I wish they would tell us in advance when they're going to push a patch. If they do that, you have half a chance to get stuff from your ships and space suits back in your inventory. It reduces the chances of bankruptcy... though you look bankrupt for a bit.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Hmm I have one legit referral from way back when. The Aurora doesnt show up in my hangar with and without the Xplor extension.
I do have it ingame though so thats cool I guess.

Also make every cockpit like the aurora!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Yep, me too. Fully upgraded Aurora MR and 300i... about 250K aUEC worth of stuff gone. Again. I don't mind re-grinding that money, but I do mind the time spent going around to pick up all the bits I lost, especially with 30K always looming ominously in the background.
Also lost almost all my armor and all ammo, although I retained some of my guns. I had a glitched smg I picked up from an npc like 3 patches ago, that keeps coming with me lol.
Also 4 pieces of armor I lost like 2 patches ago is back for some reason. Anyways, back to grinding...

Edit: I also lost my custom 300i, I only have a standard white one instead of my yellow paintjob with carbon cockpit and luxury seat. Come on CiG, this is even in my hangar as an item I paid money for!, it's the one thing I expect to work! WTF!?!?!

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Yep, me too. Fully upgraded Aurora MR and 300i... about 250K aUEC worth of stuff gone. Again. I don't mind re-grinding that money, but I do mind the time spent going around to pick up all the bits I lost, especially with 30K always looming ominously in the background.
Also lost almost all my armor and all ammo, although I retained some of my guns. I had a glitched smg I picked up from an npc like 3 patches ago, that keeps coming with me lol.
Also 4 pieces of armor I lost like 2 patches ago is back for some reason. Anyways, back to grinding...
It seems random what you lose, and I don't quite get why they're having problems with it. This time I didn't lose anything of consequence that I know of, just some ammo. But I now have 5 Arrow's in the game, and I don't even own one.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I wish they would tell us in advance when they're going to push a patch. If they do that, you have half a chance to get stuff from your ships and space suits back in your inventory. It reduces the chances of bankruptcy... though you look bankrupt for a bit.
Well this time as soon as the 3.13 drop into W1 PTU I remove all the component from the ship I don't use so frequent... just in case.
I keep basically all the componet, just lost the equipment for 1 ship and some S2 gatling in ship components, not a big deal... on personal equipment just lost ALL the mags, but fortunatly this time I keep all the weapon and attachment.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Edit: I also lost my custom 300i, I only have a standard white one instead of my yellow paintjob with carbon cockpit and luxury seat. Come on CiG, this is even in my hangar as an item I paid money for!, it's the one thing I expect to work! WTF!?!?!
Yep, my 350R is back to the stinky black with yellow bits version where is my yellow with black bits version gone? 🤨

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Well, my ship list is bloated with duplicates. 24 or so arrows, 6 caterpillars, 5 prospectors, etc. it was not this way in 3.11 and that was the last time I logged in.

that said, those new filters (which are supposed to be on the prospector already) are pretty nice.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Some observations:

The 300i cargo bay still does not work as such. You can't place the new quantum sensitive and other boxes in there, it bugs through and just goes nutz, just like before. Disappointing.
After rebuying whatever I could find for my aurora mr and 300i at Area18, I gotta say the triple NDB-30 repeaters are still a great budget option for bounty hunting on a 300i. It goes well with the base white color as well, very classy. Although I wANT MY Yellow custom carbon interrior with premium seat ship back reeeeeeeee!!!!!!

The new reputation screen is cool and a welcome change, I like it! It's something that finally points to some progression and depth, and is actually very developed-looking even in this early state.

Cave stuff:
I've done my first cave based assassination mission on deymar. It was an on-legs only cave. Inside the NPCs were just looking up at my ship landed next to the entrance, or just at the ceiling in general. I used my trusty Gallant with a silencer, best allround gun still imo. Needed a couple of mags to mow down everyone, but it was a cakewalk. No enemy shots were fired. Money is good enough at 25K, and a nice distraction from the usual bounty ship grind.
So happy end, right?
Yeah I got the bounty then had to quit the game (or suicide). There is still NO WAY TO GET OUT! You may be able to glitch back up some of the drops in the cave, but the cave is one-way only. It's been like a Year (or more?) since caves went into the game and they are still untraversable! Why spend the effort of implementing a mission from which you cannot escape! Has no one checked on the new content they were putting in? It's not like there are hundreds of caves to check, unless they are procedurally generated every time, which I think they are not! So what the hell!

One "slightly positive" thing I noticed is there seemed to be a trap on my way to the target!
Saw a hole in front of me, I jumped it, landed on seemingly solid ground then fell like a mile. Looking up I saw some rags fluttering above me at the top of the (2nd) hole I just fell down. So was there a hole trap covered up by some carpet, or I'm just halucinating things?
Also for the first time ever since the alpha was playable, I Had to use an OxyPen! It took me like 3 minutes to have it out and working, had to re-equip it and mess around with the actions menu to get it in my hand, but at least it worked. So yeah, caves are big, bring ammo and oxy/medpens!

Performance is mediocre compared to previous "end of life" hotfixed patch performance, but this is expected. Area18 felt as slow as usual, space combat around hurston and yeal was fluid enough but could have been better. Caves were fine.
Do we already have the new asteroids in? Haven't noticed at Yela, haven't visited anywhere else where they could show up like rest stops.

The new box cargo missions don't seem to be worth the effort for the little money, and there are still no single box long hauls which I liked to do while watching stuff on my second screen. Sad casual noises.
I think this is a huge mistake on the part of CiG, making delivery mission basically unplayable to new players with starter ships.
It should be the first gold standard for mission! It serves as the best tutorial for mission and object interaction, navigation, flight, and maybe even some space combat if you get jumped by a lone pirate. There Should be stuff you can do solo easily without any outside help, that doesn't take hours and doesn't have so many built in points of failure cos of bugs and 30Ks like the multi box deliveries do now.
Single box, single pickup, pop it in your Aurora ES, shoot a rat on the way, drop it off. 20 mins max. Rinse and repeat until you stop crashing the ship and earn enough for 2 more laser repeaters so you can start bounty hunting at least somewhat effectively...
Haven't tried delivering anything yet cos the one time I did it glitched out of my 300i and I quit the game cos f it. So no idea if the delivery part is as bugged as in previous patch (8 out of 10 bugged), or they managed to fix it to at least to 3.9 standards where it worked more than it didn't.

I'm expecting something more to do during fleet week, like being able to rent a C2 , but until then, I'm gonna stay away or maybe do some grinding but I just don't feel like this patch is a step forward in a meaningful way to keep me coming back.

TLDR.: 3.13.0 feels like episode 5-9 in a 12 episode season of a Netflix show. No meaningful progress, pointless, unnecessary, empty boring filler material.
Apart from the reputation screen, that's actually cool!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Some observations:

The 300i cargo bay still does not work as such. You can't place the new quantum sensitive and other boxes in there, it bugs through and just goes nutz, just like before. Disappointing.
After rebuying whatever I could find for my aurora mr and 300i at Area18, I gotta say the triple NDB-30 repeaters are still a great budget option for bounty hunting on a 300i. It goes well with the base white color as well, very classy. Although I wANT MY Yellow custom carbon interrior with premium seat ship back reeeeeeeee!!!!!!

The new reputation screen is cool and a welcome change, I like it! It's something that finally points to some progression and depth, and is actually very developed-looking even in this early state.

Cave stuff:
I've done my first cave based assassination mission on deymar. It was an on-legs only cave. Inside the NPCs were just looking up at my ship landed next to the entrance, or just at the ceiling in general. I used my trusty Gallant with a silencer, best allround gun still imo. Needed a couple of mags to mow down everyone, but it was a cakewalk. No enemy shots were fired. Money is good enough at 25K, and a nice distraction from the usual bounty ship grind.
So happy end, right?
Yeah I got the bounty then had to quit the game (or suicide). There is still NO WAY TO GET OUT! You may be able to glitch back up some of the drops in the cave, but the cave is one-way only. It's been like a Year (or more?) since caves went into the game and they are still untraversable! Why spend the effort of implementing a mission from which you cannot escape! Has no one checked on the new content they were putting in? It's not like there are hundreds of caves to check, unless they are procedurally generated every time, which I think they are not! So what the hell!

One "slightly positive" thing I noticed is there seemed to be a trap on my way to the target!
Saw a hole in front of me, I jumped it, landed on seemingly solid ground then fell like a mile. Looking up I saw some rags fluttering above me at the top of the (2nd) hole I just fell down. So was there a hole trap covered up by some carpet, or I'm just halucinating things?
Also for the first time ever since the alpha was playable, I Had to use an OxyPen! It took me like 3 minutes to have it out and working, had to re-equip it and mess around with the actions menu to get it in my hand, but at least it worked. So yeah, caves are big, bring ammo and oxy/medpens!

Performance is mediocre compared to previous "end of life" hotfixed patch performance, but this is expected. Area18 felt as slow as usual, space combat around hurston and yeal was fluid enough but could have been better. Caves were fine.
Do we already have the new asteroids in? Haven't noticed at Yela, haven't visited anywhere else where they could show up like rest stops.

The new box cargo missions don't seem to be worth the effort for the little money, and there are still no single box long hauls which I liked to do while watching stuff on my second screen. Sad casual noises.
I think this is a huge mistake on the part of CiG, making delivery mission basically unplayable to new players with starter ships.
It should be the first gold standard for mission! It serves as the best tutorial for mission and object interaction, navigation, flight, and maybe even some space combat if you get jumped by a lone pirate. There Should be stuff you can do solo easily without any outside help, that doesn't take hours and doesn't have so many built in points of failure cos of bugs and 30Ks like the multi box deliveries do now.
Single box, single pickup, pop it in your Aurora ES, shoot a rat on the way, drop it off. 20 mins max. Rinse and repeat until you stop crashing the ship and earn enough for 2 more laser repeaters so you can start bounty hunting at least somewhat effectively...
Haven't tried delivering anything yet cos the one time I did it glitched out of my 300i and I quit the game cos f it. So no idea if the delivery part is as bugged as in previous patch (8 out of 10 bugged), or they managed to fix it to at least to 3.9 standards where it worked more than it didn't.

I'm expecting something more to do during fleet week, like being able to rent a C2 , but until then, I'm gonna stay away or maybe do some grinding but I just don't feel like this patch is a step forward in a meaningful way to keep me coming back.

TLDR.: 3.13.0 feels like episode 5-9 in a 12 episode season of a Netflix show. No meaningful progress, pointless, unnecessary, empty boring filler material.
Apart from the reputation screen, that's actually cool!
I haven't seen a REEEE in ages, good work!

I have a feeling CIG nerf the reward for mechanics they don't want info on and buff the ones that do. I've no problem with that as long as they tell us that's what's going on. Remember the whole transparency and no publisher dick moves, CIGgy, we're here to help and willingly will do if only you'd ask us to.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm cave should have a way out... but some times is a bit of a PITA to find out. If you're stuck just look around, there alsways be a passage to crawl in or an edge to grab on (the one with yellowish paint/fungus/whatever_it_is) to climb up...

For me 3.13 doesn't feel that bad, but the problem whit the FPS weapon that yoy can loose if you sneeze to hard just chop the legs off any FPS mission, be it a cave one or a simple old bunker.
I've tried a cave mission, lost both my Custodia and the Gallant... along with supporessors, scope and laser modules... and the Coda pistol is not that great in taking down a group of 3 pirate all together...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I dont lose anything cause im not playing until the game actually out hahaha. Remember guys this is alpha and there are going to be wipes over and over
Intentional wipes is fair enough, sure. I think we all understand that those are necessary and will happen.
But the issue here is that there were no wipes, yet we keep loosing stuff, and it's totally random what eachbof us ends up with.
This is part of alpha testing, sure, it just shows that their database stuff is kinda broken still. It would be nice to have a patch where we finally get to keep all our stuff, especially the things that are in our hangars cos we spent real monies on those.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Intentional wipes is fair enough, sure. I think we all understand that those are necessary and will happen.
But the issue here is that there were no wipes, yet we keep loosing stuff, and it's totally random what eachbof us ends up with.
This is part of alpha testing, sure, it just shows that their database stuff is kinda broken still. It would be nice to have a patch where we finally get to keep all our stuff, especially the things that are in our hangars cos we spent real monies on those.
don't worry it's going to happen eventually probably closer to release and as we know SC is definitely not coming out anytime soon(at least the main game) I'm intentionally not playing the game so i can be alot more surprised on the final product and don't burn myself out.

Forgot your password?