Star Citizen reacts to Banu Merchantman update

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I don't really mind how the Banu 890 jump looks like. Well, I mean, it could have a bit more unique look to it.
I got a CCU chain to BMM that I've not executed yet as it's not even flyable right now... but I'm starting to be very tempted to. Very tempted.

And that hangar... it seemed absolutely huge. I mean, they'll probably throw in some carp still. But even then, it seems amazing. It'll be very interesting to see what ships actually fit in there, and which ships fit if you jam them in. I mean, it needs to comfortably accommodate a defender, which is already a pretty large fighter. So it might uncomfortably accommodate something surprisingly large.

Also, when Disco Lando went "We don't have time to show every nook and cranny of it," I came really close to learning the supernatural ability of slapping someone over the internet.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
This vid made me happy.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Well...it's certainly my most anticipated ship since the Carrack. Fighters and gunships are cool and all but nothing beats big ships like these babies.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Amun Khonsu

Captain
Donor
Jan 28, 2022
RSI Handle
Amun-Khonsu
Thanks for clearing that up.

The original concept looks more alien, this design more human, imo. Like another Origin space yacht. But as long as it doesnt look like a duck, I'm happy.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Deroth

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
Have loved it since the start, even with the design changes. Still have one and will keep it. Excited to see how it progresses.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I think the anger is somewhat justified. This ship doesn't look alien at all.
I don't mind the shape being so softened compared to the old concept art, it's been shown before, what I mind is the white color scheme. Just make the white bits pearlescent metallic like the Talon or simply grey steel to match the color scheme of the Defender, and also add more small detail engravings to the large golden surfaces, again like the defender, and it's a whole different beast all of a sudden. That white doesn't belong on that ship, that's Earther colors...
The insides look interesting, I like the total waste of space, makes it more like the floating home it's supposed to be now. I'll surely visit one if I can, but I'll most probably never own one.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
i'm pretty sure its just not finished yet...?

Its not going to make much sense stepping from the BMM into the defender in its hangar and having the whole esthetic change.

I could be wrong but i just dont see it happen considering the effort which has gone in to the rest of the game.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I don't mind the shape being so softened compared to the old concept art, it's been shown before, what I mind is the white color scheme. Just make the white bits pearlescent metallic like the Talon or simply grey steel to match the color scheme of the Defender, and also add more small detail engravings to the large golden surfaces, again like the defender, and it's a whole different beast all of a sudden. That white doesn't belong on that ship, that's Earther colors...
This. There's a reason I've been calling it Banu 890 Jump here and there - that black and white color scheme just screams Origin. Especially with these soft curves BMM has.

Forgot your password?