Star Trek: Picard, This Should Be Good.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I pay to watch CBS and Disney on cable, I even pay extra to have them in high def, I will NOT pay even more to have their streaming service, especially when cbs streams these show for free to the rest of the world while forcing us in the united states to pay for them, Screw these companies i hope their streaming dreams crash in horrible fashion, That said i do enjoy Netflix and amazon, gladly pay for their streaming. but that's their thing, they have always been subscription. these other companies that have cable channels can stream themselves kissing my butt. they have had their shows on cable or free over the air since the beginning. And they cant figure out why piracy is climbing. look at the cost to watch everything that interests you in todays age.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Well hopefully Vudu doesn't go the way of UltraViolet
Vudu and UltraViolet are different in that UltraViolet I guess tracked your digital rights over multiple services and Vudu is a service provider. I'm not happy UV went under because it ensured you could watch your videos on various services. Vudu is owned by Walmart (found out after I started using them) and so you have the title there. I'd hope if something happens to Vudu that the licenses for the movies would be transfered to a different service.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Vudu and UltraViolet are different in that UltraViolet I guess tracked your digital rights over multiple services and Vudu is a service provider. I'm not happy UV went under because it ensured you could watch your videos on various services. Vudu is owned by Walmart (found out after I started using them) and so you have the title there. I'd hope if something happens to Vudu that the licenses for the movies would be transfered to a different service.
That's the hope that the license would transfer to a different service. And Vudu owned by Walmart would mean it's safe as long as its a revenue generation source as Walmart is not one to hold onto cost sinks.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
That's the hope that the license would transfer to a different service. And Vudu owned by Walmart would mean it's safe as long as its a revenue generation source as Walmart is not one to hold onto cost sinks.
That's the hope right? lol now you're making me paranoid though and I'm wondering if I should start buying physical copies again. haha

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
No clue. Then again I've been buying all of my digital movies from amazon after giving Vudu and Apple a chance. Physical copies have their own issue like when the hardware becomes obsolete and your unit dies.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Yeah I own too many titles on Vudu to go anywhere else and I don't like having my collection spread across multiple services.

Reactions: Bambooza

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Most of the major networks that missed out on the initial streaming boom are suddenly scrambling to establish thier own services and put up walls around their content. If they continue decoupling from centralized content delivery platforms like DirectTV NOW, Netflix, etc., they are bound to see a substantial increase in piracy.

In other words, if these dipshits are stupid enough to limit consumer choice and make it easier to pirate content than to pay for it, they are guaranteed to lose money. And they will only have themselves to blame...
People don't steal becasue they think other people are greedy. They steal because either they're hungry or they are comfortable stealing. If they're comfortable stealing, they'll always find some excuse, but the character issue comes first and the excuse is whatever is handy.

It matters much more how secure the service is than whether anyone thinks it is somehow fair.

Forgot your password?