Star Wars Battlefront

Dragor

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2013
RSI Handle
Wargas
Looks promising, but I´m still waiting for some unscripted videos.
I really hope its going to be good though.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I really, really want this to be good. I need good Star Wars games in my life. There's only so many times I can run around in a Darth Vader mask with a lightsaber making TIE fighter sounds before the neighbors start complaining.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Looks promising, but I´m still waiting for some unscripted videos.
I really hope its going to be good though.
I'm gonna try to upload my footage from E3 when I got to play the demo. Was pretty fun, but limited since it was on the PS4, and I don't like their controllers.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Pre-ordered... but on the Xbox One. Big follower and supporter of the battlefield franchise and is the only real FPS I play. Loved the original Starwars Battlefront games and would be satisfied if it was just a "mod" to BF4...

But, having said all of the above I did hear about the less than spectacular flight aspect of the game. My response to that is since this is a "ground" based game with air support assets I wasn't expecting more than what BF4/BF3 has to offer with air to air combat... I know I fly better in BF4/BF3 when I drink and hope the same applies in Star Wars Battlefront... my the dark side be with me... dark rum that is..

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Pre-ordered... but on the Xbox One. Big follower and supporter of the battlefield franchise and is the only real FPS I play. Loved the original Starwars Battlefront games and would be satisfied if it was just a "mod" to BF4...

But, having said all of the above I did hear about the less than spectacular flight aspect of the game. My response to that is since this is a "ground" based game with air support assets I wasn't expecting more than what BF4/BF3 has to offer with air to air combat... I know I fly better in BF4/BF3 when I drink and hope the same applies in Star Wars Battlefront... my the dark side be with me... dark rum that is..
Hah, I tried out the TIE fighter at E3, and it was pretty difficult to control, especially going from K&M to a PS4 controller. Might have done better on an Xbox controller, but either way, K&M is the way to go, for me.

Other than that, it was pretty interesting. No ammo, just a heat gauge, limited load outs for the demo, and lots of battle pickups.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
IDK about this...No Galactic conquest, no classes (just loadouts), like 16v16 max with no AI (if I recall correctly.)

I seems like EA wants this to be Battlefield in Space(tm), and I shudder to think what DLC they have in store for this.

I hope it will be good, but right now I am skeptical.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
IDK about this...No Galactic conquest, no classes (just loadouts), like 16v16 max with no AI (if I recall correctly.)

I seems like EA wants this to be Battlefield in Space(tm), and I shudder to think what DLC they have in store for this.

I hope it will be good, but right now I am skeptical.
I think the DLC is the biggest threat to this game... being a BF4/BF3 fan I know all the pains of DLC exclusives...and Prestige.. and yeah.... I expect it and know it will suck; but I know it coming in....

No Galactic conquest... that's what I'm not liking about it. Remember I got this on the console.. and I chose the console for ONE main reason (and also pre-ordered when I found out)... split-screen. I so wanted galactic conquest split screen.. wife and I had many of wars over the galaxy in Battlefront... split-screen is supposed to still be a thing.... I also expect it to change.. its EA ;)

But Star Wars.... please your my only hope..till AC 2.0....

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
I really, really want this to be good. I need good Star Wars games in my life. There's only so many times I can run around in a Darth Vader mask with a lightsaber making TIE fighter sounds before the neighbors start complaining.
Sounds like you need a few TEST friends to come over in storm trooper armor and deal with those pesky neighbors...

Reactions: Feral Oxide

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
i'll wait (no really, this time i'll wait)

EA + BF4 in Space + Origin + probably only "trusted" server hosters can sell gaming servers + EA + DLC crap + season pass crap + EA

nooo, i'll wait

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
If I remember correctly LevelCap has played it at E3 and talks in a video about it. He has a good impression of it, but says that it is a bit shallow, so more beginner friendly and not much substance for people like him who like to sink their teeth into such games.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Battlefront 3 DLC = EA sticking a vacuum cleaner hose directly into your wallet.

They know what they're doing and it's pretty shitty. Will play regardless.

Reactions: Dalarast

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
I vowed after the botched Battlefield 4 launch that I'd never buy a DICE game at launch again. Then I saw some Battlefront gameplay. Damnit. It just looks too damn fun. I think I'm gonna break my vow. :(

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
I vowed after the botched Battlefield 4 launch that I'd never buy a DICE game at launch again. Then I saw some Battlefront gameplay. Damnit. It just looks too damn fun. I think I'm gonna break my vow. :(
Just remember that this was a scripted demo.

The real game will be full of 14 year olds fucking each others' mothers.

Reactions: CaptainRichard
Forgot your password?