Starfarer Backdoor

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
One sure way to test out if its space monkey proof is to park on on a PO pad and see if the floating gaggle of nose miners can access and park it a few hundred meters out:like:.Hail the Aurora!!

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
/.../ But that owner can get locked out on his own ship is the most dumbest thing I ever heard and totally unacceptable solution.
What if I want to inspect damage or just take a nice walk on the catwalk then I can't get in again without jumping ship..
This is not how you solve such a problem..
That will not be a thing for long...

That's gotta get in the book of record for "Laziest game coding solution..."

CHEERS! 🍻

Yep. Imagine stretching your legs on a catwalk during some longer quantum travel, then realizing you've made a mistake -- the only thing you can do is wait until the jump is completed, and pray that you didn't leave the cruise control on before spooling the drive...

That said, original issue was worse, so I can live with the new one until some mysterious new mechanics is implemented in game and the catwalk airlock could be locked properly, according to MGibson.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Yep. Imagine stretching your legs on a catwalk during some longer quantum travel, then realizing you've made a mistake -- the only thing you can do is wait until the jump is completed, and pray that you didn't leave the cruise control on before spooling the drive...

That said, original issue was worse, so I can live with the new one until some mysterious new mechanics is implemented in game and the catwalk airlock could be locked properly, according to MGibson.
Yeah think I saw some suggestions for a fix.. that was face palm...

Think they just have to redo so much on starfarer to fix that and now there is no time or not important for that to works.
So a simple quick fix is to remove opening code from outside.. which effect every one. but temp fix..
Then Starfarer need a serious remake anyways so sure hope that is coming soon.

🍻

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
In the middle of a food coma after eating lunch at my desk at the office. It's an issue, it's fixed, the fix is broken but the issue isn't an issue... I'm so confused.

I up-voted the post just to be on the safe side, let me know if you need anything else.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
October 24, 2019 update:

The problem has been solved! The dev team, pushed by me and many other people, implemented a Starfarer backdoor workaround in Alpha 3.7. You can no longer access catwalk airlock and lift interactive actions from outside. Nobody is able to get onboard via catwalk -- that includes an owner: you can lock yourself out once you enter the catwalk from inside; but this shouldn't be a problem, as you can jump over railing and board the ship again via rear ramp. It's perfectly safe in zero-gravity and relatively safe on the planet surface. I tested the procedure few times with Gemini and didn't hurt myself at all.
Yeah, about that...

The most annoying thing about it was, the door was open. But I couldn't walk through the door, there was some sort of invisible barrier blocking me, possibly a glitch.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I have to say I am starting to like flying this lumbering giant hauling cargo from HDMS-Woodruff to Port Olisar. Still not a fan of that ladder on the second level as you pass by it on the corner heading to the cockpit. Nor of the terrible materials used on the habitation floor, it's like its all using the same metal material used in Ark.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I have to say I am starting to like flying this lumbering giant hauling cargo from HDMS-Woodruff to Port Olisar. Still not a fan of that ladder on the second level as you pass by it on the corner heading to the cockpit. Nor of the terrible materials used on the habitation floor, it's like its all using the same metal material used in Ark.
Believe or not, the ladder has been fixed in 3.7 too -- at least in Gemini, but I assume it's the same in base variant.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I don't get how you guys play, I never been caught, stuck, pulled or tangled by the ladder in the Starfarer.. unless I aimed to go up it !?!?
And I mean not once.. !

🍻 🍻

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I snuck aboard a SF awhile back, taking advantage of those security flaws, got all the way up to the bridge and had the barrel of my pistol almost on the back of the pilot's head when the guy just inside the door to the bridge mag dumped an SMG on me. That's when I got the idea to hire a small roving security team for all my big boats when the (in game)money really starts to matter.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
No clue. Even this morning I was walking past it and my avatar decided it wanted to do some ladder cardio.
That freaking ladder. When I pass it I hug the rail on the left hand side pointing my aim over the rail so i'm basically running into the rail at a 45 degree angle. I never get stuck on the ladder doing this, but yeah a PITA.

The Starfarer is doing me good service, it's loaner for the Endeavor so I'm flying it for the forseeable future unless there are any surprise unveils anytime soon.

I knew there were some sneaky ways in, whats the current status of the pig-ass bastard regarding security? I saw the chin-hatch now has doors which I couldn't fall out of without opening, and when I opened them I fell out so that's one less problem.

Forgot your password?