Starfarer owners rejoice!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I've been waiting for this for a long while. Finally, my Gemini gets some action!
Too bad I just melted my Gemini this IAE because it had $280 value in it and all of my CCU chains were $155-$215 to ships more expensive than Gemini. Had to rescue that $65+ for other purposes!

Good thing is, Gemini is part of almost every single one of my chains, so when the time is right it can fly again. For a while, anyhow, before I turn it into a BMM/Hull D/Endeavor or something. Been kinda entertaining the thought of just keeping one Gemini around, but... well, we'll see. It wouldn't be much of a brainer if it could just generate quantum fuel by itself.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I like the additional armor of the Gemini, but if I could swap out the nose missile rack to have the fuel scoop of the standard Starfarer I'd be happier.
I'm pretty sure that that's supposed to be possible, but I can't remember if it's implemented or not.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What part of flying a Starfarer seems like fun? Driving a fuel tanker? Being the big spoon for in-flight refuelling?

Perhaps I’m missing something, but I don’t get it.
One of the legit fun things about flying the 'farer is taking it down to the canyons of Daymar and doing some hard flying throwing something the size of an office block around and trying not to clip the ground and roll it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I bet it handles like a municipal library.
It's not great, however it has been a lot worse. Remember this is like the second largest ship with pilot controlled weapons (I think the largest is the Reclaimer) and in the Lore there is a racing team which runs a Starfarer as their race ship. Not their transport, their actual race ship.

"Will we Be able to Race in Old Vanderval and other Tracks Big rig racing :)
Eventually! Right now, it’s likely the Starfarer would become stuck in the ‘gates’. (A racing Starfarer has already appeared in Star Citizen’s fiction.)"
🙂

Forgot your password?