Starfarer priced at $300 now

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Not surprised, it's basically doubled in ship you get. I know some Constellation owners were grumbling on RSI (big surprise there, amirite) about the price:size disparity.

300 dollarydoos sounds about right in comparison to the Orion and Reclaimer.

If anyone has some old Starfarer or Other Ship -> Starfarer CCUs, or ones they can remelt, you can probably make a bit of spare cash selling em off. 40 bucks for a Super Hornet -> Starfarer CCU (original price: 25 bucks) is a lot better than paying 300 buckaroos for it.

EDIT: Only wonder what other ships are going to be getting this treatment. Caterpillar has gotten noticeably bigger, BMM has always been hella underpriced for its size.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I mentioned this in another post and it was discovered that the Gemini is still listed as $240. So I hope this is false. Who knows what Gemini would be if this is true.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I think I will be holding on to my 3ry anniversary Starfarer a little longer...

I had bought it with store credits so I could look at it and run around, planed to melt it soon as the Blue Collar indy package came back on sale (maybe CIG will screw up and reoffer that package at 1200 again :D

*edit Makes me wonder if I should not upgrade one of my Blades into a BMM before they up the price in the future

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
I've suspected this would happen ever since the Starfarer reveal video, in which they said something along the lines of 'the original concept backers got a VERY good deal on this', which, to me, indicated future backers wouldn't get quite as good a deal. Also, the fact that it's quite a lot of ship for that original price point.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
If this idea holds steady for future ships then my Banu MM just became MUCH more valuable.
/me prays for doubled size and 500 dollar price tag for newbs

is that a jump-capable flying fortress-monastery? Yes, yes it is.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
/me prays for doubled size and 500 dollar price tag for newbs

is that a jump-capable flying fortress-monastery? Yes, yes it is.
Nah, I'm thinking 600 probably. With the amount of cargo it can carry inside as opposed to open space combined with the many floors it probably has. 600 is my bet.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Horse shit. Thanks for the kick in the balls CIG, to those of us who couldn't afford the ship last time around. Now we still can't.
Or those of us who never had a chance to buy one!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Perhaps when the Khartu-al goes back on sale it'll be $250 and I can CCU with relative ease? Lol, nah, the Scout isn't worth the $150 I paid *sobs*

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Herald is a really cheap ship for what you receive... I would keep an eye on it too. I have mine almost secured......

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Wow. Very, very glad I picked up my Starfarer-G beforehand. I mean, I understand why they did it, but still... it has a bad feel to it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wow. Very, very glad I picked up my Starfarer-G beforehand. I mean, I understand why they did it, but still... it has a bad feel to it.
Real bad feel. Lesson learned I reckon. Guess we can't win them all. Little upsetting though, she's a damn beauty.

Reactions: Grimbli
Forgot your password?