Starfarer priced at $300 now

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
out of curiosity, to the people that have previously bought it, does the melt value go up? ie you paid 180 but the melt is 300 = 120 profit? or are you stuck with that ship locked now?
Nope, the melt value remains at the amount you paid. I've melted almost all my packages that I used my 15% off token on and now it's as if I didn't get one. :*(

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have acquired a few Andromeda to Gemini from [SOURCES]. If you want the name of the [SOURCE] let me know. FYI it was around $50.

EDIT: Tapped out my [SOURCE]! Lots of TESTies with Geminis now. I'll try to find more if there's interest.

Last edited:

Halesh

Commander
Mar 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Halesh
I have not gotten a CCU yet, I'm probably not going to go grey market again. I got the ship I really wanted and don't want to chance loosing it. I was refereing to buying a CCU to the Farer when it goes back on sale. That way if you come into a free ship, or other means. It will be there for you should you change your mind. I'd gift you my extra store credit I'm going to have left over after my personal farer purchase, but you know CIG.

XehnRage

Vice Admiral
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
XehnRage
I was watching Capt_Richard talk about this last night on his stream. He was even kind of put off about it seeing that he bought his originally for $195 I think he said.

Whaleman

Commander
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
whaleman
I find it kind of funny though, CIG has basically stated at every concept sale that this is the cheapest the ship will ever be, prices can always increase... but once a ship finally does so, all heck breaks lose. Basically every sale should be considered as "this might be the last chance to et it at this price, you never know". Just by looking at them it should be quite obvious that the Starfarer as it turned out should NOT be cheaper than a Connie Andromeda and that's the reward people got for pledging for a Starfarer before it was done, one heck of a deal. Now that we know what the Starfarer actually turned out to be, I feel it almost still cheap at $300, compared to the Carrack, Reclaimer and Hull E at $350. It is one majestic son of a ship.

Also remember, we back the development of a game, not actually buying spaceships.The ships are our rewards for backing it.

(Also, also: In before price increase of the Caterpillar)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I find it kind of funny though, CIG has basically stated at every concept sale that this is the cheapest the ship will ever be, prices can always increase... but once a ship finally does so, all heck breaks lose. Basically every sale should be considered as "this might be the last chance to et it at this price, you never know". Just by looking at them it should be quite obvious that the Starfarer as it turned out should NOT be cheaper than a Connie Andromeda and that's the reward people got for pledging for a Starfarer before it was done, one heck of a deal. Now that we know what the Starfarer actually turned out to be, I feel it almost still cheap at $300, compared to the Carrack, Reclaimer and Hull E at $350. It is one majestic son of a ship.

Also remember, we back the development of a game, not actually buying spaceships.The ships are our rewards for backing it.

(Also, also: In before price increase of the Caterpillar)
I do agree they've said they can increase. And the Starfarer should increase based on what it is now. The reason people are freaking out is the amount of increase. Over $100 is quite the jump when before it's been 5-20.

Also: Too late for inB4 Caterpillar increase. ;)

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I have acquired a few Andromeda to Gemini from [SOURCES]. If you want the name of the [SOURCE] let me know. FYI it was around $50.

EDIT: Tapped out my [SOURCE]! Lots of TESTies with Geminis now. I'll try to find more if there's interest.
Let @Han Burgundy or me know if you have more... We want to CCU the crap out of his Andromeda to a Starfarer.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Let @Han Burgundy or me know if you have more... We want to CCU the crap out of his Andromeda to a Starfarer.
Sure. It's to a Gemini though. They're old CCUs, Andromeda was more than base and there's no CCUs for that.

XehnRage

Vice Admiral
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
XehnRage
Heck, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do. Keep the Penguin and do simple run and gun things or run with some TESTies that have larger ships and save up for my Gemini that way or upgrade to a Super Hornet when I can.

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
Heck, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do. Keep the Penguin and do simple run and gun things or run with some TESTies that have larger ships and save up for my Gemini that way or upgrade to a Super Hornet when I can.
I have a Sabre and Avenger and I think I am going to switch out the Avenger for something else... It just doesn't make sense to have two combat ships. I was thinking of getting a Freelancer or Reliant for medium/small cargo runs that wouldn't make sense in a big ship like the Starfarer.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have a Sabre and Avenger and I think I am going to switch out the Avenger for something else... It just doesn't make sense to have two combat ships. I was thinking of getting a Freelancer or Reliant for medium/small cargo runs that wouldn't make sense in a big ship like the Starfarer.
Starfarer can do large cargo runs with its space. And you never need to fuel if you detour to Gas planets!

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
I will not be surprised if the Starfarer Gemini also rises in price to $340-350. CIG also has said they would raise the cost of some ships from the time the first go on concept sale to when they are flight ready so I would expect a price bump.

Forgot your password?