Starfarer priced at $300 now

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
That is a big jump in price but I think it puts the ship in the right price range for what it is. I would love one but the wife might kill me if I spend much more on this game.
I agree it should be more, but I don't think it's in line for its use. If you look at the Gemini, it will probably be $350ish, but comparable ships (Reclaimer, Carrack) have a much wider range of abilities.

The Reclaimer tears down ships into scrap, yes, but it also salvaged components, which are going to be hugely profitable.

The Carrack has a wide array of functions. Deep space Explorer, small repair bay, small medical bay, and long range sensors to detect JPs.

Also, both of those ships have a Snubnose. Each designed according to the ship. Plus the Carrack has a car! And both ships should have more cargo space.

The base Starfarer should have been bumped to the Gemini price of around $250 and the Gemini up to around $290-300. It's an amazing ship to be sure, I love the layout, but it's no Reclaimer, Carrack, or Orion. Imagine how big and useful those ships will be!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I agree it should be more, but I don't think it's in line for its use. If you look at the Gemini, it will probably be $350ish, but comparable ships (Reclaimer, Carrack) have a much wider range of abilities.

The Reclaimer tears down ships into scrap, yes, but it also salvaged components, which are going to be hugely profitable.

The Carrack has a wide array of functions. Deep space Explorer, small repair bay, small medical bay, and long range sensors to detect JPs.

Also, both of those ships have a Snubnose. Each designed according to the ship. Plus the Carrack has a car! And both ships should have more cargo space.

The base Starfarer should have been bumped to the Gemini price of around $250 and the Gemini up to around $290-300. It's an amazing ship to be sure, I love the layout, but it's no Reclaimer, Carrack, or Orion. Imagine how big and useful those ships will be!
This.
I concur strongly.

Reactions: Grimbli

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
From RTV today:
  • Starfarer price increase was because of how large it is now and will go up a little more when it becomes flight ready.
The first increase was a understandable since the ship is much bigger than they had originally intended, but a *second* increase once flight ready seems like a real kick in the nuts. Amitright?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I ended up getting 5 Andromeda to Gemini upgrades today for various people. But I can't find any more or even get an Andromeda to Catapillar! This Starfarer news is upsetting my [SOURCES]. I'll try to look more for people, but it may be difficult.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
From RTV today:
  • Starfarer price increase was because of how large it is now and will go up a little more when it becomes flight ready.
The first increase was a understandable since the ship is much bigger than they had originally intended, but a *second* increase once flight ready seems like a real kick in the nuts. Amitright?
Some people are speculating it's going up another $100 when flight ready. That's just insane. I hope not. Already I think $300 for base is too much.

Whaleman

Commander
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
whaleman

The Starfarer is Collector, Refinery, Storage/Transport and distribution in once... while shorter than the Carrack it's say it's probably bigger (the carrack being a skinny thing). The carrack have sensors, but they seem relatively cheap when you compare Freelancer to DUR and Andromeda to Aquila (where most of the price difference seems to be the rover), so $50 less than the Carrack for a beerfarer seems very fair to me if not a steal since you have a full production system to it.

The Reclaimer I think will also increase in price and if I get the chance to upgrade my gemini to one for close to nothing, I'd probably jump at it ;) But it's still similarish, but still significantly bigger, in size (crew of 5 for both that and the carrack vs 7 now on the starfarer... but that's subject to change since the Idris is still listed at 10 :P).

Had the Starfarer been a pure fuel tanker it would not be fair to even consider it in the same range, but it's so much more. If I happen to be "stuck" with my Gemini I will be extremely happy for what I got :)

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
dammit... this is almost making me cry...

i was just about to get a gemini lti last month, but due to financial troubles i had to pass.... and now it's being moved even further out of my reach... and it's about the only ship i truly want... :(

what a kick in the guts man....

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
dammit... this is almost making me cry...

i was just about to get a gemini lti last month, but due to financial troubles i had to pass.... and now it's being moved even further out of my reach... and it's about the only ship i truly want... :(

what a kick in the guts man....
That was my thought too. A kick square in the balls. I did manage to procure a CCU to Gemini last night (thanks again @Grimbli), so I've scratched that itch, but really feel for all those who didn't get one last sale.

Reactions: Duckforceone

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
Horse shit. Thanks for the kick in the balls CIG, to those of us who couldn't afford the ship last time around. Now we still can't.
Ya this is some real grade A bullshit. This was to be my go to ship at 195$ i was all over it. Had been waiting since December to buy it. Jumped on the star citizen website because i had heard it was on sale again, I was excited to finally get my hands on it.........Then i see the new price of 300$!!! I ran outside as fast I as I could and punched every kitten i could find in the face( Just kidding ..don't call peta). All kidding aside I am pretty disappointed and angry at the level of fuckery . The Banu MM and the Cat are being re-done so they should stay at 250-230 $ .....So i guess i will wait and see what happens with them.............

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ya this is some real grade A bullshit. This was to be my go to ship at 195$ i was all over it. Had been waiting since December to buy it. Jumped on the star citizen website because i had heard it was on sale again, I was excited to finally get my hands on it.........Then i see the new price of 300$!!! I ran outside as fast I as I could and punched every kitten i could find in the face( Just kidding ..don't call peta). All kidding aside I am pretty disappointed and angry at the level of fuckery . The Banu MM and the Cat are being re-done so they should stay at 250-230 $ .....So i guess i will wait and see what happens with them.............

The BMM and Cat will certainly climb in price. As will Carrack, Reclaimer, etc. Makes me sad, but also glad to have a few of those CCUs in my hanger. Missed the Cat though. Sad again. Lol. Oh well.

I also punched kittens, and I kept punching kittens until Grimbli found me a CCU to Star-G.
I then apologized to the kitties. I have many scratches.

Reactions: Hadron Xon

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Forgot your password?