Starfarer shadyness

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can't remember where I saw it, I think it was on RSI while buying a ship, but it was made clear a concept sale is cheaper than a hangar which is cheaper then a flight ready. I don't know why this has come as a surprise to anyone.

Remember, we are pledging to fund a game and as reward we are given a digital ship. We are not buying ships, we are funding games development.

How annoyed are we going to be when the game actually comes out and we realise that for the want of a good 60 to 90 hours trading we can have a Connie? The guys with the best ships will be the ones with the time to play the game. No amount of pledge money is going to get you a Bengal, for instance. You have to play the game, go out and find one. Imagine how you re going to feel after having shelled out £150 on your ship, you jump to an unknown system and find a serviceable wreck... of the same ship you could have found in an Aurora.

Be wary, I can see a lot of butthurt happening.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
If I was a CIG sales-ex
Selling Large Ships to maximize revenue:

Vaporware 'Concept Sale'
Low price basic outline
Least sales
Second Sale 'Hanger Ready'
Mid price
Mid sales
Final Sale 'Flight Ready'
High price
Hopefully high sales
Will then leave in store, to get as much $ as possible until

Hopefully this allows for a 'balanced' number of larger ships, a few releases of content, & time to build each large ship with their corespondent game mechanics.

Required for Sq42:
Fuel mechanics Starfarer
Repair modules Reclaimer
Then Transportation ?
Mining mechanics Orion
Exploration ?
Unsure what order exactly

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I can't remember where I saw it, I think it was on RSI while buying a ship, but it was made clear a concept sale is cheaper than a hangar which is cheaper then a flight ready. I don't know why this has come as a surprise to anyone.
With as much as they've been hammering this home recently, I think they may have added that to the website to reflect their statements. I've heard it said in AtV/RtV, but not read on the site. Or at least it was never on the forefront.

How annoyed are we going to be when the game actually comes out and we realise that for the want of a good 60 to 90 hours trading we can have a Connie? The guys with the best ships will be the ones with the time to play the game. No amount of pledge money is going to get you a Bengal, for instance.
The reason I spend money on ships is that I don't have much time to playnot maybe several hours every Sunday. So I'd rather play the game than try to grind credits for a ship. We all pledge for different reasons. And there's no way to tell how long it'll take to get a ship in game.

Remember, we are pledging to fund a game and as reward we are given a digital ship. We are not buying ships, we are funding games development.
This is also why I buy ships. I know there's a lot of naysayers to the game, but I believe it will happen and it'll be glorious! This game is a culmination of everything I've ever wanted from a video game or MMO. Ever since playing Battlefront 2 with the space battles between missions I've always asked "Why can't we have an mmo where you launch from your carrier or space station and fly over to board the enemy's craft to destroy it?" That's what I want to see.

Forgot your password?